Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #4,563 of 7,153
omg... I had that pattern too on my Tevas. Do I still have them? Did I bring them... on no I need to find those. Loved my Tevas even more than I now love my Crocs!!!

Yup, wore them every chance I could this summer!

The soles are not worn out (believe me I've tried - they wear like iron). But the very bottom of the soles have come unglued/separated a few times over the years. I just reglue them with 'Shoe Goo ' adhesive and they're good a new again.

My goal is to get at least 30 years of use out of them (I'm currently going on 27 years of use). 40 years would be even more epic!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #4,564 of 7,153
Yup, wore them every chance I could this summer!

The soles are not worn out (believe me I've tried - they wear like iron). But the very bottom of the soles have come unglued/separated a few times over the years. I just reglue them with 'Shoe Goo ' adhesive and they're good a new again.

My goal is to get at least 30 years of use out of them (I'm currently going on 27 years of use). 40 years would be even more epic!

Wow I remember Shoe Goo from my long distance running days. I wonder how many pairs of running shoes I wore out.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #4,565 of 7,153
I have too many headphones, and certain ones just seem to fall between the cracks. In recent months, that has been the Marantz MPH-2, one of the 5-6 ISK MDH9000 clones. Put them on and listened last night, using DAC-19 + G109-A amp.

Damn, this headphone is better than it has any right to be. Really fine bass--quality and quantity. Real sub-bass. I'll compare it to Ori & Eikon tonight, but honestly, this bass is in the neighborhood of those 2 epic bass headphones. It also a slightly soft/pleasing quality that's hard to describe. Bass hits plenty hard, but doesn't sound hart at all. Very ear-friendly sound, top to bottom. Somewhat V-shaped, but hardly extreme or even particularly noticeable. Mids are quite good, satisfying. Treble is rolled off somewhat at top, but otherwise quite nice.

I got this headphone for (if memory serves) $59 from Musicians Friend. It's one of 3 ISK MDH9000 clones I owned: the others are another MPH-2, gifted to my brother; and a LyxPro HAS-30, gifted to a friend. All 3 were sonically identical and without sonic or physical flaws.

Can't recommend these enough. It's not often a "cheap-seats" headphone sounds as good as this one does.

In fact, the excellent stock sound is why I collaborated with @Slater (collaboration = he did all the work, I got the headphones) to produce a heavily modified, open-back version of one of the ISK clones. That was a very successful experiment--the modded headphone sounds terrific. Neither of us was all that surprised at the outcome, given how good the stock HP sounds....

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #4,567 of 7,153
I was tempted to order MDH9000 but i decided that i dont need any more bassy headphones. My "new" Denon D2000 covers my bass needs quite well. :p It would be interesting to hear how they compare.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #4,568 of 7,153
Just so we don't get as confused as this guy.... or... is this one of you? Is this what happens when we have too many? uh oh...

60398a21ba8e.jpg
I'ts perfectly normal to get confused at timesIMG_20181014_215801.jpg

Oct 14, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #4,569 of 7,153
I dearly hope someone orders the Bluedio TM soon. If this particular person is a fan of a V-Shape signature headphone. Again, they can be had for about 25$ right now... I would just love to hear more impressions from you guys, but no stress LOL. :D

Also listened to some Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones today (SENNHEISER HD 4.40), 40mm drivers, they just couldn't deliver this visceral but still controlled Bass the Bluedio TMs are offering. 57mm drivers... it's just pure awesomesauce:

What makes me love them so much is this kind of atmospheric sound they produce. It's like the Bass creates this huge space in which everything else is surfacing.

I ordered the TM along with ten other affordable Bluetooth headphones and I'm definitely not as convinced as you are. Yes, the bass is pleasant and the soundstage absolutely better than Western alternatives for double the price, but the tonality is just off. Unnatural, unpleasant fake sounding even. Guitars, upper mid vocals and trumpets and saxes sound tinny and unnatural. Lighter drums sound like nothing to me. I love the way the Bluedio TM are built, how they look and their comfort - I just dislike it's sound.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #4,570 of 7,153
I ordered the TM along with ten other affordable Bluetooth headphones and I'm definitely not as convinced as you are. Yes, the bass is pleasant and the soundstage absolutely better than Western alternatives for double the price, but the tonality is just off. Unnatural, unpleasant fake sounding even. Guitars, upper mid vocals and trumpets and saxes sound tinny and unnatural. Lighter drums sound like nothing to me. I love the way the Bluedio TM are built, how they look and their comfort - I just dislike it's sound.

You can always swap drivers. That’s what I did with 1 pair of my T3+.

They are easy to access and work on. You just have to make a simple adapter ring to adapt the new driver to 57mm.

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #4,571 of 7,153

They are easy to access and work on. You just have to make a simple adapter ring to adapt the new driver to 57mm.
Unless you have a totally foolproof visual step by step guide somewhere, I don't think I'll be tweaking any hardware anytime soon... #nohandyman :)

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #4,572 of 7,153

From my past experience with salvaging Bluetooth modules from headphones, it's important to mention that each module has a specifically tuned circuitry that affect the sound (e.g filters to emphasize bass).

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #4,573 of 7,153
From my past experience with salvaging Bluetooth modules from headphones, it's important to mention that each module has a specifically tuned circuitry that affect the sound (e.g filters to emphasize bass).

Some use filters, other use none at all. And some use selectable filters, like in the Bluedio TM.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #4,574 of 7,153
Unless you have a totally foolproof visual step by step guide somewhere, I don't think I'll be tweaking any hardware anytime soon... #nohandyman :)

You would at least need soldering skills, as well as the ability to work with a Dremel tool (to grind and fit things).

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #4,575 of 7,153
I dearly hope someone orders the Bluedio TM soon. If this particular person is a fan of a V-Shape signature headphone. Again, they can be had for about 25$ right now... I would just love to hear more impressions from you guys, but no stress LOL. :D

Also listened to some Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones today (SENNHEISER HD 4.40), 40mm drivers, they just couldn't deliver this visceral but still controlled Bass the Bluedio TMs are offering. 57mm drivers... it's just pure awesomesauce:
Not surprising. However, the Sennheiser HD 4.40 has 32mm drivers, not 40mm. I think it used to be listed as "proprietary 32mm transducers" on the website, but it has since been removed. I think that was likely a marketing disadvantage, as the typical consumer will associate larger drivers as better. However, in this case, yes, 32mm is weaksauce and I promptly returned them due to the lack of awesomesauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back