Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #4,577 of 7,153
I ordered the TM along with ten other affordable Bluetooth headphones and I'm definitely not as convinced as you are. Yes, the bass is pleasant and the soundstage absolutely better than Western alternatives for double the price, but the tonality is just off. Unnatural, unpleasant fake sounding even. Guitars, upper mid vocals and trumpets and saxes sound tinny and unnatural. Lighter drums sound like nothing to me. I love the way the Bluedio TM are built, how they look and their comfort - I just dislike it's sound.

Sorry to hear that! It took a while until they really grew on me, now I'm really a big fan of the signature.

You're right, they are not neutral sounding by any stretch, but after a lot of listenting they feel natural at least, in their own way. They make everything feel kind of more clear than it is, which might be to ones liking or not at all, I really think it's part of a V-Shaped signature.

You can check out the freuqency repsonse of them here:

http://www.thephonograph.net/bluedio-tm-t-monitor-review/

The boosted upper mids probably make them sound off to you, to me they sound very good with EDM and the likes, but I suppose if you listen to a lot of music with real instruments, they might not be the best pick. I still can't take them off of my head once I started playing any music on them.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #4,578 of 7,153
5ACD3BC1-C37A-4D9F-9D90-AD85F002B462.jpeg

Just made a deal with a online shop in my city. I can now use their products to test, review and compare them all. Woo-hoo! :D

Started of with five ANC headphones for 150 euros. Except for the Sony WH-CH700N and JBL E65BTNC, they all have the same extremely bassy sound signature. Fun, although very very colored.

Even more fun: the truly excellent Oneodio Elysium (24 dollar on Ali) still holds when it comes to that kind of sound profile...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #4,580 of 7,153

Just made a deal with a online shop in my city. I can now use their products to test, review and compare them all. Started of with five ANC headphones for 150 euros. Except for the Sony WH-CH700N and JBL E65BTNC, they all have the same extremely bassy sound signature. Fun, although very very colored.

Even more fun: the truly excellent Oneodio Elysium (24 dollar on Ali) still holds when it comes to sound quality...

It’s really sad and unfortunate that the vast majority of companies assume that’s the only sound signature people want.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #4,581 of 7,153
It’s really sad and unfortunate that the vast majority of companies assume that’s the only sound signature people want.
It's like they all use the same driver and only the padding gives the some more or less depth. Although I have to say the Urbanista New York is more versatile than the Sony MDR and Clam.

So many differences in cheap chifi, so little here. :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #4,582 of 7,153
Guys, what do you say about the sound of the OKCSC M1? Did anyone happen to compare the to Grado SR60/80?
And how is the ZX1 in comparison?
OKCSC M1 is better sounding than my Grado SR80

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #4,584 of 7,153
OKCSC M1 is better sounding than my Grado SR80

Man, that has to mean my OKCSC M1 is a lemon, because it is an order of magnitude worse than the Grado SR80i and SR80e (I've had both) to my ears, it's not even close. My M1 is tinny sounding by comparison. Harsh treble. No warmth. :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #4,585 of 7,153
It's like they all use the same driver and only the padding gives the some more or less depth. Although I have to say the Urbanista New York is more versatile than the Sony MDR and Clam.

So many differences in cheap chifi, so little here. :frowning2:

I blame a large % of this on Beats. They are so successful and popular, every manufacturer thinks “wow, this is clearly what everyone in the world wants”.

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #4,587 of 7,153
Is anyone here familiar with Cyberdrive headphones? I saw their oem version of the mitchel & johnson gl2 on amazon for $60 and was curious how they sound. I also noticed they have some hybrid electrostatic headphones that look like the lasmex l85
813ATPPIuFL._SL1500_.jpg

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #4,588 of 7,153
never heard of cyberdrive--but love the look of that open-back Lasmex L-85 lookalike. I stayed away from the L-85 due to the relatively few, but quite variable comments about them (some love them; others really trash them). Just read some Massdrop discussion posts about the L-85; one of the regular post-ers there loves the L-85, but only after pad swap (to Brainwavz oval) and EQ'ing.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #4,589 of 7,153
9E05447A-B6B5-4511-9A30-756F0262A019.jpeg 554FEF1C-DDA6-42A0-B83A-5667B5D46D4E.jpeg
Is anyone here familiar with Cyberdrive headphones? I saw their oem version of the mitchel & johnson gl2 on amazon for $60 and was curious how they sound. I also noticed they have some hybrid electrostatic headphones that look like the lasmex l85

These are the Cyberdrive that most intrigue me, as they are wireless and I've not seen any other Bluetooth variant of the "electrostatz" hybrid setup before this:

Cyberdrive HP112A Electrostatic Wireless Bluetooth Headphone (with MP3 Player)

• *World's 1st patented Electrostatic Hybrid Dual-Driver speaker transducer.
  • *up to 50kHz frequency response True Hi-Res performance.
  • *CAEE Audio Enhanced engine upgrading all audio source-IN to 192K/24bit quality.
  • *Multi-Audio IN: Analog, BT Wireless, USB Audio, 8GB Built-in Player.
  • *Supports DSD and PCM format via USB audio.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PCJ8SM

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #4,590 of 7,153
never heard of cyberdrive--but love the look of that open-back Lasmex L-85 lookalike. I stayed away from the L-85 due to the relatively few, but quite variable comments about them (some love them; others really trash them). Just read some Massdrop discussion posts about the L-85; one of the regular post-ers there loves the L-85, but only after pad swap (to Brainwavz oval) and EQ'ing.
I took the L85 for a month long test drive. I liked the sound, it was similar to my modded SHP 9500s (mods include: Hybrid pads, some small bass mods, magnets on the drivers) The L85 had a somewhat smaller soundstage (which could potentially improve with some simple mods) there was more bass, which I liked...the only thing I didn't care for was the placement of the mids. For the music I listen to forward, more aggressive mids are preferable but the mids on the L85 were slightly recessed (compared to the 9500s) I wouldn't say they have 'recessed mids', by the way. On their own, the mids are perfectly acceptable, no complaints. It's only when compared to something with really good mids that I begin to find fault.
I decided not to keep them because they sounded very similar to other headphones I have (Fidelio L2, SHP 9500s) and I am trying to keep my headphone collection small and non redundant.
I think if you can get them for $50-$75 they are a good buy. It seems like they have some modding potential, the quality is good (nicer than the 9500s, not quite up to the level of the L2, but it's close.) and they don't have any big flaws. I honestly liked them quite a bit and was really hesitant to send them back,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back