1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
Next

Last
  1. Humblepie
    Looks exactly like my lasmex, which are NOT electrolets. They are only OK sounding. I paid $40 for the Lasmex L85 and wouldn't pay more than that really. They aren't worth more than that from the sound. Build quality they are alright I guess.

Cyberdrive are another re-badger. Sometimes cheaper than the original, and sometimes more expensive like the L85 rebadge. Mitchell&Johnson are official "Western" rebadgers for the Versonix line-up from Taiwan. cyb3erdrive has rebadged a lot of that lineup as well. The amazon price for these is a HILLARIOUS $299.

trellus likes this.
  2. ferez
    @HungryPanda , youv'e mentioned multiple times (or was it @mbwilson111 ?) that you like the ZX1, can you elaborate about their sound signature and sonic qualities?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. parthabhatta
    Are the OKCSC ZX-1 full open back? How is the soundstage and sound quality, particularly mids and treble?

4. HungryPanda
    I only had a brief listen to the ZX-1 as they belong to my wife. They are open headphones and very comfortable. Mids and treble are really nice. They are a fine sounding headphone

trellus and parthabhatta like this.
  5. Slater
    What’s the plan when the pads wear out? Do you think the 3rd party replacements (for Grado I assume) would fit? I’ve seen them on Aliexpress.

In my experience, the open foam type pads disintegrate/break down much faster than other types of ear pads. The availability of replacement pads would be the primary factor in me getting a pair vs not.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Bartig likes this.
  6. ArgBoston
    Was googling yoga headphones and accidentally stumbled upon yogada. Does anyone know where I can find these nice looking planars?

[​IMG]

7. trellus
    Especially since the Amazon price for the wireless Cyberdrive “electrostatic” model is $199 and also works digitally with a computer over USB in addition to Bluetooth and 3.5mm inputs.

Also, I’ve not seen any other wireless electret hybrid so it doesn’t seem to be a mere rebrand in that case, assuming it is an electret hybrid.

8. Humblepie
    Who knows. As mentioned already the possibility of finding a Yoga headphone these days is rare despite their product lineup. At least in any western country.

9. ferez
    Iv'e been looking for a nice, detailed, relatively natural sounding with good bass extension, relatively portable (foldable) closed headphones, budget is around $150. I was (and still) considering the AT M50X, but reading this thread i discovered the 1More H1707 and people are raving about them, even though i read some reviews that they are lacking in the mids and can be harsh sounding in the upper mids. From people who actually own them, and also own other decent pairs, how good are they really?
    I will be stretching my budget to around $250 if i opt for them, while the M50X will cost me $150.

Thanks

10. Roderick
    Those look a bit like quad era 1. I know many people would crap their pants if it turns out that it is based on Taiwan oem. Quad-era-1_01_ml.jpg

Joong, Chein and trellus like this.
  11. Chein
    Lol man you are right, they have the exact same specs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    trellus and Roderick like this.
  12. mbwilson111
    You can look at my list to see what else I have. I love the 1More H1707. I have the gold version.. have not heard the silver. They do use different drivers. I do not find anything lacking nor do I hear any harshness.

HungryPanda, trellus and ferez like this.
  13. Slater
    H1707 have a mild v shaped tune, so that’s probably where the “lacking in the mids” came from. They do not have a flat tuned signature, and never claimed to.

If you want an unbiased, trustworthy, thorough, and facts-based review of it, go read Tyll’s review of it on Innerfidelity. He was genuinely impressed with it, and it earned a spot on his wall of fame.

I own 2 myself, both the gold and silver versions (with do use different drivers as @mbwilson111 pointed out. I love them both, and agree that there’s no harshness. They are one of my top 3 favorite headphones.

They do respond well to power, so you will be rewarded with amping them (although it’s not required). Perhaps the people that said they were harsh had them on a crap source like a low powered or low end cell phone.

They are also detailed and resolving, so whatever is in your music will come through. As the old saying goes, ‘garbage in garbage out’, so if you have poor source recordings or low-fi music files (such as 128k MP3) I can see where someone would say they sounded harsh. Anything would.

Bartig, HungryPanda and trellus like this.
  14. ferez
    That sounds good, now another set of cans joined my options, I need to choose between the 1More H1707 and the Beyerdynamic DT1350.

HungryPanda likes this.
  15. mbwilson111
    The Beyer is on ear and the IMore is over ear if that makes a difference to you. I doubt I would find the Beyer comfortable but everyone is different and I have not tried them. Just something to consider..

Maybe someone has them both?

HungryPanda likes this.
First

Back
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
Next

Last