Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #3,901 of 7,153
Checking on ebay : Hifiman S + shipping + import fees = 170 euros

1More H1707 triple-driver : not the right moment over 200 euros

Keep an eye on them, they're down to $120 quite often these days. I got my pair from Joybuy for that price shipped to Norway.

With the headphones you're used to (I've also got most of them) I think there's a fair chance that you'll be disappointed with a lot of the offerings out there (at least I was). In the end I ended up with a pair of of QC25 for flights and I also bring some IEM's when traveling. The Edition S are my walking cans and I sometimes use them on shorter trips as well.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #3,902 of 7,153
I don't think I've seen kef m500's for that cheap in eu. 150€ however is common and used prices are good. On eBay there is one new for £137.00 located in uk with warranty. Well worth that price imo.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #3,903 of 7,153
They are BT while i prefer wired because of sound quality :frowning2:
Most Bluetooth headphones have a 3.5mm jack so you can use them wired if you want to and wireless for convenience when wires would be getting in the way.

And what about Xiaomi Mi?

I think @mbwilson111 has a pair, maybe she could chime in on those.

The Kef M500 can be had for around £80 via the Peter Tyson store (not sure they'd ship outside of the UK, though) and there's even a new white pair of these on Amazon for ~£90, unless they've just sold out.

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #3,904 of 7,153
Most Bluetooth headphones have a 3.5mm jack so you can use them wired if you want to and wireless for convenience when wires would be getting in the way.

The Kef M500 can be had for around £80 via the Peter Tyson store (not sure they'd ship outside of the UK, though) and there's even a new white pair of these on Amazon for ~£90, unless they've just sold out.
Just chcked they are sold in UK only

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #3,905 of 7,153
And what about Xiaomi Mi?

Yup, @mbwilson111 has both the KEF M500 and the Xiaomi Mi (as well as an insane amount of other gear - check her profile for full list). Anything she doesn't own her husband (@HungryPanda) does, so between them they are a wealth of HeadFi experience. I'm sure they can both make excellent recommendations.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #3,907 of 7,153
I have to say, I don't really fancy the H1707 anymore, but they're still tempting for a bit less than $150. Even if it is from China from a seller with not much feedback.
But what if the Xiaomi Mi are similar and they cost less...

While not chifi, the Beyerdynamic Custom Street are pretty good, too. Some sellers on Amazon.de have it for less than £50.

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #3,910 of 7,153

They are not similar at all. The Mi is quite bright and is much less comfortable than the H1707. I no longer own the Xiaomi Mi... I gave it to my husband but have no idea if he has used them. We both have too much. The Mi is good... it is just not my sound signature. I have (had) the version 2 and I had actually wanted the version one that came with three sets of pads. I had planned to use the larger ones. @Slater even though the literature says two sets of pads, the reviews (with photos) here on headfi do confirm that three were actually included. .The third being a grado type pad..

The KEF M500 is more enjoyable to me than the Xiaomi. It looks stunning in black. It sounds excellent and if comfortable for an on ear.... but the H1707 is kind of perfect:) Mine is the gold euro versionl.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #3,911 of 7,153
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #3,912 of 7,153
Yes mbwilson111 has swapped my H1707 for the Mi's, also the Thinksound On2's for her On1's (see the pattern here?)

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #3,913 of 7,153
I have to say, I don't really fancy the H1707 anymore, but they're still tempting for a bit less than $150. Even if it is from China from a seller with not much feedback.

While not chifi, the Beyerdynamic Custom Street are pretty good, too. Some sellers on Amazon.de have it for less than £50.

Well Beyerdynamic Custom Street are sold for an excellent price here in italy but i dont know them

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #3,915 of 7,153
Yes mbwilson111 has swapped my H1707 for the Mi's, also the Thinksound On2's for her On1's (see the pattern here?)

Yeah, I see the pattern.

You better hope she never runs into Fabio on the streets - she may just trade up husbands too, not just headphones LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back