Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 8, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #3,916 of 7,153
I had a Bosshifi B7 and mod it with different drivers. It was an amazing walnut shell and definitely worth the price, if you just use it as a shell for DIY. The original driver is OK but not a hi-fi.
HU3WDpq.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #3,917 of 7,153
Yeah, I see the pattern.

You better hope she never runs into Fabio on the streets - she may just trade up husbands too, not just headphones LOL

Fabio? Gross. I have already reached my end game:)

Btw, I did not get the 1707 in exchange for the Xioami MI. It was a completely different deal...with the Xioami as a bonus gift!

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #3,918 of 7,153
Any opinion about Marshall Monitor ? (edit)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #3,920 of 7,153
omg My bad... yes Marshall Monitor!

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #3,921 of 7,153
Well the MK801's came in. time to try them out.

Bit muddy, veiled, warm, and painful on ears. I've heard worse. Much worse. These are adequately good if you like warmer sound signature, which I don't mind. I just don't like the pain they are causing my ears though.

Ugh, glued on earpads too. So not easily changeable. The cable jack is on the right side and not the left. Another thing I'm not fond of. Actually cable location doesn't matter, but since almost 98% of my headphones with a single detachable cable have that located on the left, I like it there for consistency. If they were all on the right, I really wouldn't care.

They remind me a lot of the liboers with slightly better build quality, no detachable cups, and on ear pads. They have the same shape, same way to adjust, and very similar sound.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #3,922 of 7,153
Well the MK801's came in. time to try them out.

Bit muddy, veiled, warm, and painful on ears. I've heard worse. Much worse. These are adequately good if you like warmer sound signature, which I don't mind. I just don't like the pain they are causing my ears though.

Ugh, glued on earpads too. So not easily changeable. The cable jack is on the right side and not the left. Another thing I'm not fond of. Actually cable location doesn't matter, but since almost 98% of my headphones with a single detachable cable have that located on the left, I like it there for consistency. If they were all on the right, I really wouldn't care.

They remind me a lot of the liboers with slightly better build quality, no detachable cups, and on ear pads. They have the same shape, same way to adjust, and very similar sound.

Yeah, glued on earpads seems to be 1More's thing, as annoying as it is.

I am waiting on a set of pads to to arrive so I can verify for sure, but I am 95% sure that Beats Studio 2.0 pads fit perfectly. They offer much more interior room than the stock MK801 pads. Installation is just a simple peel and stick affair, once the stock pad and adhesive remnants are removed.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with mine. Like you said, I've heard much worse. They were definitely worth the $36 I paid, if not for the build quality and removable cable alone.

Assuming the Beats pads work, I'll see how the sound is affected. If it improves, I'll keep the stock drivers. Otherwise, I have a pair of 40mm graphene or possibly carbon nanptube drivers that I've been waiting to put in a set of closed cans.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #3,923 of 7,153
I just found this model which I really didnt know that existed, 1More mk801 are them good?

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #3,924 of 7,153
They are $36 for the black ones from Amazon right now after coupon clipping right on the page for the BAYLIFE vendor. I had some credit so it was $22 for me. That being said, they are good enough at that price sound wise. Comfort wise they are one of the worst headphones I've ever put on my head for me. Lots of pain with hard has rocks small earpads that are glued on. I'll wait to see what Slater does with his before I think of messing around with mine. I have too many projects and so little time. In fact, very little time as I've been in a crunch for a roll out of an online order software suite for the company I work for. So between work and family, headphones at the moment have taken a distant third. Actually a distant fourth when counting sleep.

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #3,925 of 7,153
I’ve never seen a vmoda cable, but the 1More cable is very high quality. Thick but not too thick, smooth and soft TPE insulation (but not sticky/grippy like the old KZ “gut” cables), no kink memory, mic controls are in a good place.

I wish it had a 90-degree end though, but that’s just personal preference.
I recently bought the 1More BT version, but one of the darn sliders just wouldn't stay in place, it would just slip back if I was trying to adjust more securely. Does this happen on your set?

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #3,926 of 7,153
I recently bought the 1More BT version, but one of the darn sliders just wouldn't stay in place, it would just slip back if I was trying to adjust more securely. Does this happen on your set?

Hmmm, nope mine stay right where I set them. The sliders are actually quite stiff to move. Not stiff in a bad way, but stiff in a good way (that’s what she said).

Mine aren’t the Bluetooth version though, so maybe they changed something between the non-Bluetooth (MK801) and Bluetooth model (MK802)?

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #3,927 of 7,153
They are $36 for the black ones from Amazon right now after coupon clipping right on the page for the BAYLIFE vendor. I had some credit so it was $22 for me. That being said, they are good enough at that price sound wise. Comfort wise they are one of the worst headphones I've ever put on my head for me. Lots of pain with hard has rocks small earpads that are glued on. I'll wait to see what Slater does with his before I think of messing around with mine. I have too many projects and so little time. In fact, very little time as I've been in a crunch for a roll out of an online order software suite for the company I work for. So between work and family, headphones at the moment have taken a distant third. Actually a distant fourth when counting sleep.

I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get the Beats Studio pads. They sure solved my problem on the H1707 triple drivers.

I still feel the MK801 are a great option for teens and those with smaller ears (adults with small frames). Definitely built better than Beats, and a fraction of the cost.

Like you said, they are good enough at their price range. I certainly wouldn’t pay the MSRP of $79.99, or even the $49.99 they’re currently selling for on Amazon. At $40 or below they are worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #3,928 of 7,153
Also just purchased some "MindKoo" ANC headphones (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079DJS43N) and truly wireless earbuds (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZCLJRY), so we'll see how those sound. Headphones are going for $83.99 with a $14 discount coupon, while the truly wireless earbuds are $26. The earbuds are kind of intriguing because they look like a clone (without ANC) of the Sony WF-1000X (not my photos below). I had the WF-1000X, but the battery lasted only about 1.5 hours to 2 at the most, even though it sounded good. The ANC was very light and not really effective.

Gotta love Chi-Fi band names. Kind of like those "TuGood" headphones (https://www.amazon.com/Tugood-Bluetooth-Headphones-Memory-Protein-Microphone/dp/B07BXD5WKR/). Wha? So fun tho!

SONY
upload_2018-6-8_18-5-32.png

MINDKOO
upload_2018-6-8_18-4-44.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #3,929 of 7,153
Hmmm, nope mine stay right where I set them. The sliders are actually quite stiff to move. Not stiff in a bad way, but stiff in a good way (that’s what she said).

Mine aren’t the Bluetooth version though, so maybe they changed something between the non-Bluetooth (MK801) and Bluetooth model (MK802)?
HAHA, not only did I get an answer, but I got an LOL! as well!

Well dagnabit, I may have to pull the trigger on the MK801, as I returned the BT version (sounded good, but didn't stay put).

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #3,930 of 7,153
I had the WF-1000X, but the battery only about 1.5 hours to 2 at the most, even though it sounded good.

Therein lies the big problem with these fully wireless earphones (in my experience).

We need better battery technology, which is still a few more years away (ie graphene). That is going to revolutionize the battery industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back