Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,886 of 7,153
I own few good headphones for home listening (Hifiman he560, Senn HD600, AKG K712 pro and Meze 99 classics)
I would like to buy not to expensive BUT with a good sound, not too big, foldable headphones, wired.
I tried Senn Momentum 2.0 on ear but they are boomy and the sound quality is just meh
Any good advice?

Budget 100 usd - flexible

1More H1707 triple-driver over ears. They are awesome headphones - they sound amazing, have a closed design for isolation but with a soundstage as close to an open headphone I’ve ever heard. They’re built like a Sherman tank, foldable, have a removable cable, nice zippered hard foam carry/storage case, and very compact size.

You can get them fairly cheap on sale. Someone just posted a discount yesterday for $118 shipped.

Or better yet, you can trade in the Momentums via the 1More Trade-In program, and get 50% of the MSRP in trade-in credit. That’s exactly what I did with my Momentums.

If you did that, you could get a brand new pair, direct from the manufacturer, factory sealed with full warranty, for $5.49 shipped to your doorstep.

Where else can you get an awesome pair of $250 headphones for $5?

In fact, I liked the 1Mores so much, I bought a 2nd pair to give my brother for his birthday.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #3,888 of 7,153
Not strictly foldable, but easy to bring with me, with low ohm so i dont need any amp , for easy and nice listening.. just to add more informations

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #3,889 of 7,153
1More H1707 triple-driver over ears. They are awesome headphones - they sound amazing, have a closed design for isolation but with a soundstage as close to an open headphone I’ve ever heard. They’re built like a Sherman tank, foldable, have a removable cable, nice zippered hard foam carry/storage case, and very compact size.

You can get them fairly cheap on sale. Someone just posted a discount yesterday for $118 shipped.

Or better yet, you can trade in the Momentums via the 1More Trade-In program, and get 50% of the MSRP in trade-in credit. That’s exactly what I did with my Momentums.

If you did that, you could get a brand new pair, direct from the manufacturer, factory sealed with full warranty, for $5.49 shipped to your doorstep.

Where else can you get an awesome pair of $250 headphones for $5?

In fact, I liked the 1Mores so much, I bought a 2nd pair to give my brother for his birthday.

I love the 1More H1707 triple-driver but here in italy it's almost impossibile to find them for that price, 179 euros is the cheapest option

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,890 of 7,153
Eh, those are IEM's. I doubt they will fold :wink:

Opps, thought this was the IEM thread :)

Pssst " not too big, foldable headphones, wired." :grin: haha

I thought this was the IEM thread lol :)

@JediMa70 - Given the headphonesd you own already, I was quite sure you were asking about a IEM that would be somewhat in the same quality as what you own as a headphone

For an over the ear or on ear headphone, in around 100 USD, I am not sure, maybe something from Soundmagic, like their Soundmagic P22BT.

There's also that MOOH Be00BT which was pretty good, but it is more expensive than 100 USD

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #3,891 of 7,153
I can go even a little higher, it was just to give an idea that I dont want to spend 300 euros :)

considering I was starting from Mometum 2 on ear and Marshall studio...

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #3,892 of 7,153
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #3,893 of 7,153
I love the 1More H1707 triple-driver but here in italy it's almost impossibile to find them for that price, 179 euros is the cheapest option

You can often find them on eBay or Aliexpress for a good price.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #3,894 of 7,153
Checking on ebay : Hifiman S + shipping + import fees = 170 euros

1More H1707 triple-driver : not the right moment over 200 euros

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #3,896 of 7,153
Opps, thought this was the IEM thread :)

I thought this was the IEM thread lol :)

@JediMa70 - Given the headphonesd you own already, I was quite sure you were asking about a IEM that would be somewhat in the same quality as what you own as a headphone

For an over the ear or on ear headphone, in around 100 USD, I am not sure, maybe something from Soundmagic, like their Soundmagic P22BT.

There's also that MOOH Be00BT which was pretty good, but it is more expensive than 100 USD
I know :) but the only portable ones that I own are the Meze 99 classics but I dont want to bring them around they stay well, safe and protected at home!

And what about Xiaomi Mi?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #3,897 of 7,153
I know :) but the only portable ones that I own are the Meze 99 classics but I dont want to bring them around they stay well, safe and protected at home!

Mo Zero BT thingy has probably the closest performance if you're on a budget and want something still fairly impressive. Probably the best bet at this price point if you like 99C already, but they are not from China, or at least are sold from Within USA

I think the same headphone, or very similar exists under another branding as well, some users here might know better

https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-well-balanced-fatigue-free-high-speed-propagation/dp/B071HXD5RV

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #3,898 of 7,153
Checking on ebay : Hifiman S + shipping + import fees = 170 euros

1More H1707 triple-driver : not the right moment over 200 euros

Take a look at the KEF M500. It meets your criteria, and I have read nothing but good things about the sound. I plan on buying a pair myself if the right opportunity presents itself.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #3,899 of 7,153
Take a look at the KEF M500. It meets your criteria, and I have read nothing but good things about the sound. I plan on buying a pair myself if the right opportunity presents itself.
o.o 250 but they are great i've never heard anything about them

Mo Zero BT thingy has probably the closest performance if you're on a budget and want something still fairly impressive. Probably the best bet at this price point if you like 99C already, but they are not from China, or at least are sold from Within USA

I think the same headphone, or very similar exists under another branding as well, some users here might know better

https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-well-balanced-fatigue-free-high-speed-propagation/dp/B071HXD5RV

They are BT while i prefer wired because of sound quality :frowning2:

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #3,900 of 7,153
o.o 250 but they are great i've never heard anything about them

They are BT while i prefer wired because of sound quality :frowning2:

$250?? I’ve seen loads of them for $99 (both new and barely used).

KEF was even selling them direct for $100usd not too long ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back