Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 30, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #2,446 of 7,153
Another thing... Bosshifi B7 has a bad Rep here. I't is My fault too. I was not impressed with stock B7 but I propably never emphasized enough how good B7 is with hm5 velours and after removing foam inside of cups.

Seriously amazing. Still soundstage is not big. Imaging is awesome, details are all there. . Most impressive thing are The dynamics. These are perfect for campfire acoustic but all of a sudden it is moshpit madness If called for. If one has hm5 velours allready definately consider B7 also.

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #2,448 of 7,153
Oct 31, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,450 of 7,153
I had the Cloud II for gaming and it was ok, now using my LyxPro for gaming. The Lyx is actually very good stage wise for a closed back but being open back (or semi open) the L-85 is better.

Lyx is a proprietary locking connection so I have to use the ModMic 5 which is good but can fall off and has a long cable. The L-85 on the other hand has a standard 3.5 connection so you could use a V-Moda Boom Pro
Have you tried the in-line microphone that the L-85 comes with?

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,451 of 7,153
Oct 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #2,452 of 7,153
Oct 31, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,454 of 7,153
No I plan on returning it so I didn't use the stock cable

Haha you probably need to return more than half the stuff you buy. Im not even close

I am wondering why you are returning it. I thought you liked it a lot.

edit... oops... two people posting at the same time:)

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,455 of 7,153
No I plan on returning it so I didn't use the stock cable

Haha you probably need to return more than half the stuff you buy. Im not even close

I second the others on asking why you're returning the L-85. Do you like the sound of the L-85?

I've been pretty interested in the L-85 from a distance. It looks like Fidelio X1 or X2 earcups grafted onto the headband/frame of the SIVGA S007.

My question about the L-85 is simple: is there any benefit to purchasing the L-85s when I already own the Fidelio X2s (sound of which I just love)? The answers would come to specific issues of L-85s bass, imaging/soundstaging, comfort, and treble, aka, detail w/no brightness vs detail w/brightness.

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,456 of 7,153
So I got the Pioneer HRM6 and the Superlux 668B in today. The Pioneer I can't say how they sound like because they came without a cord, from ebay, and I don't have a cord that fits. I have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm, but it's too thick along the casing part. So I ordered one I hope will fit for a heck of a lot cheaper than the $30 pioneer wants for one of theirs.

The superlux though I am listening to. OMG these things are bright and fatiguing. They are clear, and sort of better sounding than the muffled, dark, veiled crap of "gaming" headsets. Still they are way worse to me than the 681 Evos. They are very plastic and don't inspire durability at all. Given the choice between the two for about the same price I will without a doubt recommend the 681 EVO over these 668Bs. That's not to say they are horrible, just not my cup of tea for the price. Speaking of which, they don't fit my head really. I'm serious. I have to bend the "flaps" of past the headband because they don't fit on my head otherwise. With the flaps out of the way my head is touching the rubber coated metal band at the top all the way around. The clamp is still bit tight, but looser than the EVO's out of the box. The pads are the same size, but the velours are stock on them. So my ears touch, but there is a bit more give to the cushion as well. How the flaps touch the top of the head, when not pushed out of the way, isn't comfortable for me. Those flaps actually feel really weird. Good thing I got a deal for these at $20 instead of the normal $35-$40 price.

As for the HRM6s, the build and comfort are what you'd expect out a higher premium headphone. Just wish I could listen to them right now as well.

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,457 of 7,153
So I got the Pioneer HRM6 and the Superlux 668B in today. The Pioneer I can't say how they sound like because they came without a cord, from ebay, and I don't have a cord that fits. I have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm, but it's too thick along the casing part. So I ordered one I hope will fit for a heck of a lot cheaper than the $30 pioneer wants for one of theirs.

Can you contact the seller and ask them to send a cord? That is weird that they would sell it without. I hope the one you ordered will arrive quickly!

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #2,458 of 7,153
Can you contact the seller and ask them to send a cord? That is weird that they would sell it without. I hope the one you ordered will arrive quickly!

It was a supposedly marked as a display unit that was never used. Original packaging and accessories are missing. Item was pulled from box, meant to be used on display, but never found room to put out. Store on ebay sold it for $50 to me without any of the original packaging or accessories. I thought my cord for my AKG K545 would work, but it is too fat still.

I have prime so the cable I ordered to try should be here in 2 days.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,459 of 7,153
The Pioneer is a proprietary locking system. Its comes with 3 cords, I only use one, if you want one of the other two just PM me your address

I do really enjoy the L-85, I expected it to be mediocre so original plan was to just demo it and return it, I can't really "afford it" (its on Amazon Credit right now). If I'm able to sell my 9500s even for $50 I'll keep the L-85. Nobody seems to want it though lol

The L-85 is my favorite sub $100 open back...hell even closed back lol

Bass is elevated but actually has good control, if there is any bleed my ears aren't good enough to detect it and for an open back (or maybe its semi-open) it has a substantial amount of bass. Vocals (male & female) are forward, giving out high intelligibility and the treble is crisp and the overall sound is very detailed. Good staging and separation, doesn't get muddied really or sound congested. Its a highly fun & immersive earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back