Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #2,431 of 7,153
In regards to that point about tastes and value systems....for me personally I don't think ANY closed back headphone would be my favorite because I ALWAYS prefer open and semi open headphones. (except for hip hop....Hip hop needs closed back headphones.)
So, I can respect the person saying they compare their MM400s to TOTL headphones because that's how they sound to them.....but I also am PERSONALLY inclined to disagree with their premise...because I KNOW I prefer the sound of whatever you want to call the open backed competitors of the MM400: Massdrop AKG 7xx or HD 6XX or Fidelio X2 ....I honestly don't know what exactly would be an analogue for the Denons, my point is, I would probably pick 4 out of five semi open backed competitors over the Denons.....(and I want a set of those Denons, don't get me wrong, from the way people describe them, I bet I'd like them)
but Sassy has a point, who cares?
to use a metaphor, it's as if I started going on about how the best fruit is cantaloupe not apples.....and you are like, "hunh, this cantaloupe dude is pretty convincing..." but it turns out, I am basing this judgement on the fact that Cantaloupes have denser, more liquid filled flesh per pound....and you realize, I'm kind of a lunatic, and we don't have the same rationale for buying fruit at all, you just care how it tastes...
Why on earth would you then go on to argue with me about which is the bestest fruit?

Absolutely. And everyone knows mangoes are the best.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #2,432 of 7,153
FOR ME, it doesn't matter whether people spend time studying graphs,speaking of a treble peak, sneering at Beats Headphones, modifying. Me?. What does it sound like to me,and do I like it enough to buy?I have Head/earphones, ranging from $10 to $4000, some people will say I am stupid, and they are probably right!, but, my choice. I had Headphones when I was 12years old, and I am now 77 years old. I play an instrument, and I read music, and this makes me an expert?. NO,does not mean a thing, but I do listen to a lot of music, and a graph for me, does not give a true picture of the sound.There are a lot of people, who don't progress beyond apple ear buds, but as long as they are listening to music, that is fine by me. I seem to be rambling, I have had too much coffee today. Please excuse.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coffee.gif

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,433 of 7,153
Need help guys. I am looking for open to semi-open headphones within 100. No brand preference but Superlux, Somic and Samson looks interesting to try.

Prefer neutralish or balanced sound signature if possible. Comfort is most important in terms of the headband and earpads so I can drown in music longer. :dt880smile:

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #2,434 of 7,153
I am looking for open to semi-open headphones within 100. Samson, Superlux or Somic sounds interesting. But no brand preference really.

Please share your hearings, guys. Thanks.
Best semi-open I've heard under $100 are the Philips Fidelio L2 (which you can find under $100 on sale). I prefer them to the Lasmex, Bosshifi B7, and Yoga CD-990.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #2,435 of 7,153
Absolutely. And everyone knows mangoes are the best.
Exactly! Mangoes ARE the best...unless you prefer Banganapalli mangoes in which case I will punch your stupid face!
(See what I did there?)

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2,436 of 7,153
I'd like it all, please! Emotional responses, intellectual analysis, graphs, data, people's hearing specifics, whether they wear glasses, head size, past listening experiences, music preferences, music library quality, hardware used in the playback chain...

I realize I won't get that from everyone here, and that's fine. But the more info, the better!

Best semi-open I've heard under $100 are the Philips Fidelio L2 (which you can find under $100 on sale). I prefer them to the Lasmex, Bosshifi B7, and Yoga CD-990.
That's absolutely true. If you can catch them on sale, the Fidelio L2s are the best Sub $100.00 headphone in my opinion...I can't think of a better headphone that realistically is at that price.
I prefer mine with Brainwavz Hybrids...it's just a little more open and comfortable

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,437 of 7,153
You guys gotta stop tempting me, I think my new favorite sub $100 open back is the L-85. It has really smoothed out.

Also, put the leather round HM5 pads on my Lyx, much better for gaming in the sense that the velour of the hybrid would irritate me when I got sweaty and the bass is noticeably increased (maybe bc the isolation is better due to the leather

Oct 29, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #2,438 of 7,153
I'd like it all, please! Emotional responses, intellectual analysis, graphs, data, people's hearing specifics, whether they wear glasses, head size, past listening experiences, music preferences, music library quality, hardware used in the playback chain...

I realize I won't get that from everyone here, and that's fine. But the more info, the better!

Wow, I better keep an eye out for such an offer. I did wanted to try them but never thought they would come below 100. Thanks for the info.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,439 of 7,153
You guys gotta stop tempting me, I think my new favorite sub $100 open back is the L-85. It has really smoothed out.

Also, put the leather round HM5 pads on my Lyx, much better for gaming in the sense that the velour of the hybrid would irritate me when I got sweaty and the bass is noticeably increased (maybe bc the isolation is better due to the leather

Thanks, will read up on the L-85. Are they close to neutral?

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,440 of 7,153
Thanks, will read up on the L-85. Are they close to neutral?
Not even close lol they are pretty v-shaped but yeah somewhat balanced sounding, the clarity IMO is damn good with them, midrange isn't veiled despite the v-nature so I call them balanced

Oct 30, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #2,441 of 7,153
Not even close lol they are pretty v-shaped but yeah somewhat balanced sounding, the clarity IMO is damn good with them, midrange isn't veiled despite the v-nature so I call them balanced
Just stumbled on this forum after searching for a replacement for my hyperx cloud. How is the soundstage on the L-85 and how does it compare to the Lyxpro HAS-30 and Hyperx Cloud?

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,442 of 7,153
Freeboss MDH9000 are on discount on AliExpress at the moment - $46.52 and the shipping is free. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna grab them, since this is the best deal I've found. Turns out those Akai 50x for $29.99 on Amazon would cost me $100 in total because of the shipping.

Edit: okay, false alarm, they only ship from Russia to Russia. It seems like it's not meant to be.

Anyone has any other recommendations for closed back headphones for $50 or less that I could use with my smartphone? I've been trying to find an alternative, but honestly haven't found anything yet. :triportsad:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,443 of 7,153
Just stumbled on this forum after searching for a replacement for my hyperx cloud. How is the soundstage on the L-85 and how does it compare to the Lyxpro HAS-30 and Hyperx Cloud?

I had the Cloud II for gaming and it was ok, now using my LyxPro for gaming. The Lyx is actually very good stage wise for a closed back but being open back (or semi open) the L-85 is better.

Lyx is a proprietary locking connection so I have to use the ModMic 5 which is good but can fall off and has a long cable. The L-85 on the other hand has a standard 3.5 connection so you could use a V-Moda Boom Pro

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,445 of 7,153
I got to thinking about gaming, since you guys talked about it. I assume one of The best would be renkforce cd340, yoga cd340 aka Fischer audio fa-006.

I't is propably hard to come by these days. But If one can find those for 30$ I recommend everyone to grab a pair. 40 UK pounds on Amazon UK is too much imo.

Cd340 is bass light, very detailed with huge soundstage. Sounds a lot like akg k701.

Granted, My gaming days were long ago though but I assume cd340 would still be good by todays standards.

When I did competetive FPS it was doom II... Via zdaemon around 2005 with a game released 1994 or something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back