Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #2,476 of 7,153
So got around to listening to those 668Bs again, and man I guess I'm spoiled. I just can't get into them at all sound wise. Super fatiguing to me. My DT880s aren't that bright and they are diffuse field tuned which typically means brighter sound signature. I like the DT880s even if bright, but the 668Bs are like a level over those. I was almost interested in getting a Grado headphone one day, but I hear they are extremely bright as well. If they are as bright or brighter than the 668B's I think I will pass on any grado set in the future. My ears just can't take that. I'm fairly laid back on sound signatures and what I like. Meaning I like bright headphones like the DT880s and I like warmer sets like the Liboers as well (very warm but detailed). I don't like super bright like the 668Bs or super warm to the point of muddy like the Bluedio T3s or many others like them (ie most gaming headsets).

It's so weird hearing the sonic difference between them and the 681 EVOs which I like a lot. I guess I prefer headphone signatures tuned to the Harmon response target most. I don't mind tuning to either anti-echo (anechoic) chamber or echo chamber (diffuse field) if the tuning is actually close to flat to those target tuning. When the tuning goes farther beyond that I have a problem then with enjoying those headphones.

Oh my, you just saved me money on the 668B and Bluedio. Just ordered a Bingle B910 and I am considering the 681F.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,477 of 7,153
Was looking around Aliexpress and saw that the BossHifi B8's were dropping below US$60/-. From the reviews here, think they are definitely worth a shot as these are for a birthday present.
Was wondering if there are other sub US$100/- ones worth looking into ? Besides the usual Superlux models perhaps, unless of course if someone spotted the HD687 / 688 releases that is. :p

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,478 of 7,153
Was looking around Aliexpress and saw that the BossHifi B8's were dropping below US$60/-. From the reviews here, think they are definitely worth a shot as these are for a birthday present.
Was wondering if there are other sub US$100/- ones worth looking into ? Besides the usual Superlux models perhaps, unless of course if someone spotted the HD687 / 688 releases that is. :p

If you’d consider open/semi-open cans, do a search for the sivga sv007 or ask @mbwilson111 about them. She should get commission from sivga with the number of happy members she’s turned onto the sv007 haha

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,479 of 7,153

I recently ordered a pair of Hifiman Edition S for $120 shipped. Looks like a great deal but they haven't arrived yet so I don't know how they sound. Might be worth checking out though....

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,480 of 7,153
I recently ordered a pair of Hifiman Edition S for $120 shipped. Looks like a great deal but they haven't arrived yet so I don't know how they sound. Might be worth checking out though....

It reminded me a little of a portable HD700. Loved the sound, but I need to fix what I assume is a wiring issue.

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,481 of 7,153
It reminded me a little of a portable HD700. Loved the sound, but I need to fix what I assume is a wiring issue.

Sounds intriguing, especially since I use the HD700 for my daily walks now :wink:

I was hoping to be able to use the S on shorter flights (closed) as well as in hotel rooms (open) instead of IEM's....

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #2,483 of 7,153
Your ears are more articulate than mine, but they're worth what you paid to my ears. I'll check isolation later.

Thanks! I don't think isolation is the best on them but if they can work on shorter flights it'll be a great plus for me. On longer flights I always use my QC25 but I really don't like using them for anything else...

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,484 of 7,153
If you’d consider open/semi-open cans, do a search for the sivga sv007 or ask @mbwilson111 about them. She should get commission from sivga with the number of happy members she’s turned onto the sv007 haha

In the open-back/semi open-back category, you have to include the Lasmex L-85 (which I'm very interested in).

Comments on that in other threads were mixed/bad, but a couple members here seem to like them (@Lurk650 is one; can't recall the other, sorry).

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,486 of 7,153

They are on my to buy list one day. Been seeing them for about $90 to $100. Missed it once at $80 which is where I would pick it up again if I saw at that price again.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,487 of 7,153
They are on my to buy list one day. Been seeing them for about $90 to $100. Missed it once at $80 which is where I would pick it up again if I saw at that price again.

$80 is indeed a great deal considering their original price.

I'll share some impressions here when my pair arrives but it'll probably take a while as they ship with the slow boat from China.....

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,489 of 7,153
Hum, so I drown myself in this thread to still be very confuse about what chifi headphone stand appart, especially in 75-150$ price range.

My chinese favorite right now is the ISK 2010, but they aren't super portable, especially because of the 100 meters cable....and with Ibasso DX90 they benefit from amping cause otherwise they will sound too bright. Superlux are good too, all of them, but another time, it isnt portable and construction is a bit cheap.

SO, Seriously, coming from the fact I can't deal with bad or too tin sound and that i own Grado GS1000 and other Grados....I would like to find a chifi closed headphone that have good bass extension and punchiness as well as sweet liquid vocal, nice instrument separation, good clarity and musicality. A real FUN and MUSICAL portable gem. can go up to 150...the Hifiman you talk about is open so I guess the bass doesnt hit hard....don't search basshead, just proper round bass kick to be perceive well.

Listening right now again to ISK 2010 trough Ibasso DAC connect to portable amp and they hit so damn above their 40$ price range its like...a value like that I want but with relavity law in upper price range!!!

Thanks guys to help me on this....im afraid to make a blind test when it come to 70$ and more....

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,490 of 7,153
Browsing Amazon and came across this for $80:
Tate & Bauer Newest Technology - $3000 Tech for $250 - The first affordable Premium Hybrid Electrostatz Headphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY18PRG/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_r.1.zbQ2TCJ9F

Tate & Bauer is an obvious rebrand name but I haven't seen these on aliexpress.

Posted about those awhile ago on here. A few of us have it. They are decent. A few really like, but they aren't my cup of tea. To me there is a strange transition feeling/sound at the mid-treble range around 5-6K. It's where the drivers switch and it bugs me. Also, they are pretty small and I have to stretch the band to full to get on me head. Default earpad is bleh, but the cloth senitek pad helps them out a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back