Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,341 of 7,153
They big enough to not really touch my ears. Concrete? LOL... that might be a bit extreme:)

<-- Size 8 head for reference.

But still these were pretty darn bad. Almost as bad as those philips 3300 in clamp force for me. Need to do some additional stretching on the band tonight. The pads on mine are rock solid. Very little give to the foam inside at all and very thing as well. Combined with the clamping force on my head and it was not a pleasant experience to keep them on for more than a few songs when I was trying them out last night.

I mostly fiddled with the Beyer's trying to get them to sound how I hoping for them to sound. Was dorking around with porthole slider trying to see if there was a spot I could leave it at to be the best position for me. They were also far more comfortable to use as well.

Now I need to buy more pads and Seniteks went up for $3+ on Amazon. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #2,342 of 7,153
This is why you should own a nice dap, so you can move and listen.

I have a few nice daps...Opus#1, Cayin N3, Rockboxed xDuoox3...i just wanted to listen on my desktop system...it was only going to be a couple of songs...lol

Earlier today I was walking around for about 5 hours with the Cayin and another headphone that I was testing for comfort after changing pads recently. Lost track of time so I guess the change was a success.

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,345 of 7,153
Opus is all you ever need IMO, it's fantastic.

Yes, but one reason I added the Cayin N3 and a tiny little Ruizu A50 to my collection is the Opus is too big for me to carry in a pocket. Women's clothing often has no pockets so then I need a little pouch.

The Opus is for lazy relaxed listening in my recliner sofa..often connected to my tube amp that is near the sofa. Lots of albums on those two cards.

Plus, new toys are fun.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #2,346 of 7,153

But still these were pretty darn bad. Almost as bad as those philips 3300 in clamp force for me. Need to do some additional stretching on the band tonight. The pads on mine are rock solid. Very little give to the foam inside at all and very thing as well. Combined with the clamping force on my head and it was not a pleasant experience to keep them on for more than a few songs when I was trying them out last night.

I mostly fiddled with the Beyer's trying to get them to sound how I hoping for them to sound. Was dorking around with porthole slider trying to see if there was a spot I could leave it at to be the best position for me. They were also far more comfortable to use as well.

Now I need to buy more pads and Seniteks went up for $3+ on Amazon. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

melon-head2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #2,347 of 7,153
Yes, but one reason I added the Cayin N3 and a tiny little Ruizu A50 to my collection is the Opus is too big for me to carry in a pocket..for me. Women's clothing often has no pockets so then I need a little pouch.

The Opus is for lazy relaxed listening in my recliner sofa..often connected to my tube amp that is near the sofa. Lots of albums on those two cards.

Plus, new toys are fun.

We've all been there lol

bestportablerig.jpg

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #2,348 of 7,153
Yes, but one reason I added the Cayin N3 and a tiny little Ruizu A50 to my collection is the Opus is too big for me to carry in a pocket. Women's clothing often has no pockets so then I need a little pouch.

Plus, new toys are fun.

I use Shanling M1 for that, although I've been curious about the A50. I can't imagine there's any need for both however.

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #2,349 of 7,153
Been burning the L-85 in with J-Lab Burn In over the weekend & Monday and on music all yesterday, off overnight and all day today. Listened a little bit last night and bass seemed to tighten up, didn't listen that long though. Was straight out of my old iPod Touch 4G which I rarely use but it sounded very good, I think it was some Kendrick Lamar playing. My manager is actually looking for a set of headphones for the gym so I'm gonna let him test out my Pioneer HRM-6, if he likes them then they will pay for these L-85 and I wont have to send them back :D

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #2,350 of 7,153
I use Shanling M1 for that, although I've been curious about the A50. I can't imagine there's any need for both however.

No need same form factor. M1 has gapeless play, Bluetooth, Hiby, and gets updates. Ruizu has none of that but was only £45. It is a tough powerful little thing though. Battery seems to last about 20 hours. The Cayin N3 has quickly become my favorite/most used. About 12-15 hours battery life....plus mine is red:)

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2,351 of 7,153
I've heard some hard to believe things about the A50's driving power, which might make me buy it anyways for EDC purposes.

Also, for anyone wanting to also take the risk on the Momentum 2.0: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...k-Over-Ear-Headphones-Good-Shape/122182355176

Just now noticed it's minus the cable, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. If it doesn't use the same cable as the older Momentum model, I'll just have to go to Amazon.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,352 of 7,153

Is that a big size? I would have no idea what size my head is.

The pads on mine are rock solid

Mine are firm-ish... definitely not solid. Not uncomfortable to me. Not Nighthawk comfy but not uncomfortable. I wonder what changing them will do to the sound... especially if it changes the distance from your ear to the driver.

Seniteks went up for $3+

I can't get those here but I notice they seem to be one of your favorites.

Did you not get your spare pads with the Evos? The velour ones? I have not felt the need to try them. Actually I kind of forgot about them. I noticed at the beginning of the Evo thread everyone was saying to switch to them and later people were putting the original ones back on... something about the sound I think.

R0012852.JPG
R0012855.JPG

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,353 of 7,153
Oct 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #2,355 of 7,153
I've heard some hard to believe things about the A50's driving power, which might make me buy it anyways for EDC purposes.

EDC? trying to think what that could stand for...

Size comparison:

Here is the A50 busy burning in some IEMs ... pictured along with its mom and dad! Had to use flash as it is late at night here. That is a leather case on the Opus and a silicon rubber one on the Cayin (looks better in person). Have never felt a need for a case for the A50. That is a real glass screen on it. I have little zippered cases (an iem one for the A50) to keep them safe when not being used.... which is hardly ever... lol.

Haha... I just noticed... I had to go back and look at that Leonard Cohen cover because for a second I thought the shadow in it was me taking the picture! It is not.

R0012859.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back