Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #2,356 of 7,153
Oct 25, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #2,357 of 7,153
@mbwilson111

Size 8 is 25 inches circumference roughly. Hats of that size are always custom made and I can't buy anything for my head as a hat off the shelves in stores. When I joined the military as a kid I went through the first 3 weeks without a hat because they had to special order my size. Pain in the posterior that every drill instructor had to yell at me for not wearing my cover and I just kept my waiver in my hand at all times because of it.

EDC = Every day carry. It's a term usually most people that carry pocket knives or hand guns tend to use.

I also did get velour pads with them, but they didn't seem like they would be any more comfortable.

Finally these KINDENS came in.

https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Nintendo-Virtual-Surround-Vibration/dp/B06XD43ZZR

They are absolutely guady, tacky, light up and everything. Still they are very comfortable and sound very good. They sound almost identical to the 681 EVOs without the sub bass being as punchy. That's about all I can tell the difference in sound between them. Far more comfortable ear pads and clamp force out of the box. There are downsides. Attach cable is required to be attached as there is a USB cord in the bundle to power the lights. The cable is nice looking, but is standard thick, unwieldy, janky thing. It is pretty darn heavy. also the microphonics on it are crazy. Don't touch anything or you'll hear massive humming vibrations from the headband.

Also, the sound stage is strange. It has multiple drivers and it makes the sound come from "odd" angles to me. Which detracts a bit from the listening experience.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #2,358 of 7,153
@mbwilson111

Size 8 is 25 inches circumference roughly. Hats of that size are always custom made and I can't buy anything for my head as a hat off the shelves in stores. When I joined the military as a kid I went through the first 3 weeks without a hat because they had to special order my size. Pain in the posterior that every drill instructor had to yell at me for not wearing my cover and I just kept my waiver in my hand at all times because of it.

EDC = Every day carry. It's a term usually most people that carry pocket knives or hand guns tend to use.

I also did get velour pads with them, but they didn't seem like they would be any more comfortable.

Finally these KINDENS came in.

https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Nintendo-Virtual-Surround-Vibration/dp/B06XD43ZZR

They are absolutely guady, tacky, light up and everything. Still they are very comfortable and sound very good. They sound almost identical to the 681 EVOs without the sub bass being as punchy. That's about all I can tell the difference in sound between them. Far more comfortable ear pads and clamp force out of the box. There are downsides. Attach cable is required to be attached as there is a USB cord in the bundle to power the lights. The cable is nice looking, but is standard thick, unwieldy, janky thing. It is pretty darn heavy. also the microphonics on it are crazy. Don't touch anything or you'll hear massive humming vibrations from the headband.

Proper hat stores will carry size 8, but we're talking a hat store for those who like hats the way we like headphones. I think it's my Stetson that's a size 8, but maybe it's the Borsalino.

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #2,359 of 7,153
Proper hat stores will carry size 8, but we're talking a hat store for those who like hats the way we like headphones. I think it's my Stetson that's a size 8, but maybe it's the Borsalino.

Maybe I was a little over. Been a long time since I tried to buy a hat. Just know I have a big head and big ears.

For reference my daughter right now is 1 year old and went for her check up yesterday. She is 5th percentile for body length, 25th for weight, and 90th for headsize. My nephews both 7 and 5 are 99th percentile headsizes. I was as well. Runs in the family. Just big heads, but not cones :p before anyone tries to throw that picture up.

Strangely enough, I'm the only one with big ears to go with the big head. Everyone else has normal to smallish ears. So double whammy for me finding comfortable headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #2,361 of 7,153
Least she looks cuter than her dad. Going to have to get some of those cat ear headphones for here in the future I am sure. I mean she likes wearing headbands now :)

swHVsBG.jpg

DqriqT7.jpg

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,363 of 7,153
Least she looks cuter than her dad. Going to have to get some of those cat ear headphones for here in the future I am sure. I mean she likes wearing headbands now :)

Awwwwww

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #2,364 of 7,153
Oct 26, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #2,365 of 7,153
What a horrible sight for someone who has an EXTREME dental phobia. I guess I asked for it... lol Quick... let's make this thread go to the next page so I don't have to see that again!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #2,366 of 7,153
I was once again looking for a sivga seller that would ship to Finland. I found none but I came across other interesting information about sivga's.

Sivga's Look like The next generation of bosshifi headphones but there is More to The story. Bosshifi B6,B7,b8 and Msur 650,550 and 350 use The same beryllium coated driver and there are only slight differences between The drivers used.

Sivga sv007 use a different driver on which the driver diaphgram is made of five different layers. Pretty cool. Would Be nice know If sv005 uses that driver too.

Echobox that was discussed is propably not a direct copy of sv007 as was earlier speculated. Echobox use Polyether Ether Ketone drivers. I don't know If it means it can't Be the mtl driver used in sv007 but propably it is not The same.

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #2,368 of 7,153
I recently connected the SMSL X4 (Portable DAC + AMP) to the PS4's USB port and it worked perfectly! Before I had also connected the FiiO K1 but the volume was very low, however the SMSL X4 gives the option of volume control! Now I use the Superlux HD668B + SMSL X4 in the USB port of PS4 and the quality is exceptional! Much higher quality than the headphone connected in DualShock 4, no comparison! I'm very happy to have worked so well!

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #2,370 of 7,153
Guys, I'm new here. Does the Samson SR850 have more bass than the Superlux HD668B? Do they both have the same great soundstage? Is the Samson SR850 a better choice for playing video games?

Welcome to headfi :) I do not have either of those but others probably do and can answer. Meanwhile, explore the site. You can do searches for reviews and you can search within this thread to see if these have been discussed on earlier pages. Or, just go to page 1 and read the entire thread! Of course if you do that you are in danger of adding more and more headphones to your list of wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back