Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 22, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2,311 of 7,153
I read a bunch of info on the Lasmex and I remember reading something about V shaped, and wondering what they were comparing it to. What I mean is, if you are used to the sound of Audio Technica AD series headphones, these might sound V shaped? Pure speculation on my part, my point is, unless I am familiar with the reviewer or they COMPARE directly to other phones I know personally (or are at least I'm familiar with how they are supposed to sound) then I don't give their words too much weight.
That's why I was asking if your 9500s were modified, I have some with NVX angled pads so when you make comparisons between the two I will have a pretty good idea what you are talking about...some guy saying they are deeply V shaped on Massdrop is useless to me.
Very true. Initial impressions? The clarity is an upgrade above the 9500S (hell it even edges out the 400i), width and spatial stage is less than the 9500S but its still pretty darn good. Still burning in of course. As of right now, its suiting my tastes and if I somebody wants to buy my 9500S I would sell them to keep these. They are fun and engaging rather than precise and analytical. Last night laying down in bed I kept wanting to move my feet to the music, put the 400i on and I was able to relax and zone out a bit. Quite interesting.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,312 of 7,153
Very true. Initial impressions? The clarity is an upgrade above the 9500S (hell it even edges out the 400i), width and spatial stage is less than the 9500S but its still pretty darn good. Still burning in of course. As of right now, its suiting my tastes and if I somebody wants to buy my 9500S I would sell them to keep these. They are fun and engaging rather than precise and analytical. Last night laying down in bed I kept wanting to move my feet to the music, put the 400i on and I was able to relax and zone out a bit. Quite interesting.
They sound very promising. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after living with them for a bit...I know for me, I have to listen on a few different occasions before I get comfortable with describing the sound of a set of headphones. I don't have a defined set of songs I listen to as reference, so it sometimes takes a few listening sessions to get a good picture of what I am hearing.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,313 of 7,153
They sound very promising. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after living with them for a bit...I know for me, I have to listen on a few different occasions before I get comfortable with describing the sound of a set of headphones. I don't have a defined set of songs I listen to as reference, so it sometimes takes a few listening sessions to get a good picture of what I am hearing.
Definitely yes, these are of course all initial impressions. I was going through various songs genres and male/female songs, no vocal songs. I have about 5-10 songs which I tend to use for reference bc I know them so well.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #2,314 of 7,153
Definitely yes, these are of course all initial impressions. I was going through various songs genres and male/female songs, no vocal songs. I have about 5-10 songs which I tend to use for reference bc I know them so well.
I'm kind of the same way...I have certain playlists on Spotify that I automatically listen to whenever I want to 'hear the headphones' (if you know what I mean)
so, it's a lot of songs I am very familiar with: an amazing version of a Muddy Waters song, then something by Soul Coughing (with that great combo of forward male vocals/deep satisfying stand up bass/intricate drum patterns) and then Little Black Submarines, David Bowie-Aladdin Sane ...songs I can sing in my sleep, but also songs that pose certain challenges or hurdles for headphones.
For example headphones with really good soundstage, the piano solo in Aladdin Sane can make me stop in my tracks. If a headphone has just average/good soundstage that part just kind glides by....certain headphones that song stops me and grabs my attention.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,315 of 7,153
@SkinnyWiener nice video :) you suspected that The cups are not made of Wood. Sigvas are obviously related to bosshifi B6,B7 and b8 which are all made of Wood. Would Be strange is sivga's were plastic. You could easily check it by opening The headphones. Should just take a minute. Baffle is propably connected with 4 screws and nothing is glued in inside.

Thanks! And yeah, only afterward did I realize that my saying "There'd be no way for me to confirm nor disconfirm whether they are [made of wood]" is kind of silly because like you said, I could open them up and check for myself. Problem is...I don't have the guts to open headphones up lol. I'm only comfortable with disassembling certain things; headphones not being one of those things just yet.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,316 of 7,153
Thanks! And yeah, only afterward did I realize that my saying "There'd be no way for me to confirm nor disconfirm whether they are [made of wood]" is kind of silly because like you said, I could open them up and check for myself. Problem is...I don't have the guts to open headphones up lol. I'm only comfortable with disassembling certain things; headphones not being one of those things just yet.
It's ok if you're scared your first time ...I remember how scared I was to open up my first set of cans...
It's really nothing to be intimidated by, just be careful, don't force things and you'll be fine. Seriously, it's not like there is a bunch of spring loaded snakes in there, just some wires and stuff. Pretty sure they stopped using spring loaded snakes sometime around 1971....

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2,317 of 7,153
It's ok if you're scared your first time ...I remember how scared I was to open up my first set of cans...

...did this just turn into sex advice 101? hahaha

in all seriousness, appreciate the encouraging words. maybe one day, i'll look into doing cable mods and such. for now, i'll just stick with pad rolling and simple toilet paper filter modding.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #2,318 of 7,153
...did this just turn into sex advice 101? hahaha

in all seriousness, appreciate the encouraging words. maybe one day, i'll look into doing cable mods and such. for now, i'll just stick with pad rolling and simple toilet paper filter modding.
Your user name doesn't help :D

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,319 of 7,153
It's really nothing to be intimidated by, just be careful, don't force things and you'll be fine. Seriously, it's not like there is a bunch of spring loaded snakes in there, just some wires and stuff. Pretty sure they stopped using spring loaded snakes sometime around 1971....

Yup I had a pair of those too

snakes.gif

Oct 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,320 of 7,153
Anyone looking for a decent budget friendly DAC/Amp combo to use with a nice Ch-fi headphone I just got something in I am liking a whole lot! Syba Sonic

https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DAC63057-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B009WN7QT4

It's a USB powered DAC/Amp which means it won't power the most demanding headphones. Still it works for 150 ohms or less very nicely.

It ALSO takes a Mic Input in. Which makes it a FANTASTIC gaming dac/amp! Comes with a very short micro usb cable, so may want to buy a longer one when buying this if you don't already have one.

Best part? Under $40 from amazon. Can't find a normal priced dac/amp combo for under $60, let alone $40 with anything else. AND this takes a mic input? Seriously great. It also has both a Bass Boost and Treble Boost option, but only one or the other at a time. They boosts are ok, but neutral is fine. Doesn't sound any worse than my Schiit stack or mojo in neutral mode to my ears. Just doesn't power my 600 ohm beyerdynamics though.

Which one? There's 7 choices at the link you posted.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #2,322 of 7,153
Do you know what size you need? You have to start there, so you know what your options will be. The you can choose a pad

I've used seller Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store for a few purchases before and fwiw it has always worked well.

Thank you for the explanation and recommendations! I'll look into it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #2,323 of 7,153
Seeing something very strange.

About 2 months back I bought a Bosshifi B6 off ebay from a seller that said it would ship and arrive in less than a week. Thought it was someone that hand them on hand in the US and shipping them out fast. Turns out I was wrong and the seller was in China. No big deal and I was given a Chinese epacket tracking number 5 days later. Guess they meant just shipped within a week and not arriving, although that isn't what the listing stated and still states as I stare at it.

Delivery for the epacket showed typical 20-25 days later so Sep 30 to Oct 6. Which at the time was 3 weeks away.

Then I forgot about it. Yesterday I was looking over my ebay account and noticed that the order was still showing in shipped status. Looked up the tracking number, which took some time to figure out where that number could be tracked, and found the seller just generated the number and never shipped. Prompted a request through ebay to the seller to refund or show the item in transit. They promptly refunded. I was like wow, that was odd because my experience is they usually try to show it still in shipment and being delayed instead. Nope, just a message they didn't have it and never shipped it.

So I went to look for another set. NOTHING on ebay for the B6 near their normal price. Even most of the B8s listed and all the B7s are way over $100. The B8s and B7s are still on Amazon for the price they've been at $80, but on ebay the bosshifi headphones seem to be completely scarce now. What the heck happened in the past few months?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #2,324 of 7,153
Prompted a request through ebay to the seller to refund or show the item in transit. They promptly refunded.

Wow, they should have contacted you once they knew they could not ship one and initiated the refund. Seems they would have let you forget about it forever. I try to avoid using ebay whenever possible.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,325 of 7,153
Seeing something very strange.

About 2 months back I bought a Bosshifi B6 off ebay from a seller that said it would ship and arrive in less than a week. Thought it was someone that hand them on hand in the US and shipping them out fast. Turns out I was wrong and the seller was in China. No big deal and I was given a Chinese epacket tracking number 5 days later. Guess they meant just shipped within a week and not arriving, although that isn't what the listing stated and still states as I stare at it.

Delivery for the epacket showed typical 20-25 days later so Sep 30 to Oct 6. Which at the time was 3 weeks away.

Then I forgot about it. Yesterday I was looking over my ebay account and noticed that the order was still showing in shipped status. Looked up the tracking number, which took some time to figure out where that number could be tracked, and found the seller just generated the number and never shipped. Prompted a request through ebay to the seller to refund or show the item in transit. They promptly refunded. I was like wow, that was odd because my experience is they usually try to show it still in shipment and being delayed instead. Nope, just a message they didn't have it and never shipped it.

So I went to look for another set. NOTHING on ebay for the B6 near their normal price. Even most of the B8s listed and all the B7s are way over $100. The B8s and B7s are still on Amazon for the price they've been at $80, but on ebay the bosshifi headphones seem to be completely scarce now. What the heck happened in the past few months?
maybe a bunch of people on some website started talking about them obsessively and getting other people to buy them and stuff and they are starting to see more sales so they are raising the price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back