Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #2,296 of 7,153
Oct 21, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,297 of 7,153
yeah really unfortunate, btw do u know any portable neutral cans alternatives? as of now my headphone inventory are all for home use.

From my list I would suggest the Koss Pro4s but it is not Asian. I consider it to be neutral. Portable if you swap the coiled cord for any 3.5mm cable you like as long as the plug jacket is slim enough to insert into the cup.

My Keff M500 and B&O H6 would also do the job but I would worry about the leather in a hot climate.

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #2,298 of 7,153
Perfect. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as to how the two compare (or don't)
Got the Lasmex this morning. Giving a short listen through my Opus#1 before I head out for the day. This thing has exceeded my expectations from initial impressions, that's all I'll say right now

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #2,299 of 7,153
From my list I would suggest the Koss Pro4s but it is not Asian. I consider it to be neutral. Portable if you swap the coiled cord for any 3.5mm cable you like as long as the plug jacket is slim enough to insert into the cup.

My Keff M500 and B&O H6 would also do the job but I would worry about the leather in a hot climate.

the keff m500 is not available here in my place, b&o h6 is way too overpriced same with the koss.

I've found another potential candidate tho I'm not sure how this sound cause no one might have tried these yet. https://m.alibaba.com/guide/t-shop/...hones-headset-with-high-quality_76614326.html

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,300 of 7,153
I can't seem to find any full reviews for the 007, can somebody link me or those who have it post your impressions so I can match to the Lasmex as looking at them they are pretty much identical headphones besides ear cup designs so I'd like to see if what you guys are hearing matches these to see if drivers and tuning could be the same. Thanks

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2,301 of 7,153

I haven't personally heard the Koss Pro4S, and while I'm a big fan of the Koss company (being a storied American headphone company, and having amazing lifetime warranties on their products), I researched the Pro4S and while there certainly are reviews that say it's neutral, there are some from sources I respect that say otherwise. First there's the Innerfidelity measurements:

https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/KossPro4S.pdf

The Goldenears measurements:

http://goldenears.net/board/GR_Headphones/5825460

The Wirecutter comments:

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-150-over-ear-headphones/

"Koss Pro4S: Comfortable on the head, the Pro4S feels lightweight but sturdy. Unfortunately, the sound failed to blow away our panelists. John found the bass to be one-note, and both he and I thought the mids had a spiked, compressed sound. Geoff, John, and I all noted some intensity around the 10 kHz area that made snare and cymbals feel piercing. Overall, while the Pro4S wasn’t awful, it couldn’t measure up to the high quality of our top picks."​

A better bang for your buck would probably be one of the Roland RH-300 variants (CAD Audio MH320, Eagletone Original First, Fiveo PH1000, Harlan Hogan VO-HP, Limitless Creations HP3BK, LyxPro HAS-10, Marantz MPH-3, Neewer NW-3000, Omnitronic SHP-900, Studiomaster H5, Tascam TH-300X). Omnitronic reviewed here:

https://www.head-fi.org/gallery/alb...-k-a-isk-hp-3000-roland-rh-300-clone.1095975/

Roland RH-300 reviewed here:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/roland-rh-300/

Discussion about it here:

http://diyah.boards.net/thread/701/roland-rh-300

Tascam variant with free shipping for $35 here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132106858085

Oct 21, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #2,302 of 7,153
The thing is...I know what I like and I like what I hear with my Koss. I can get lost in my music for hours with them and for me the music is what it is all about. Graphs mean nothing to me.

I should add that I am personally not in the market for any more headphones, IEMs or buds. I have gotten too much too fast...time to just enjoy.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #2,303 of 7,153
The thing is...I know what I like and I like what I hear with my Koss. I can get lost in my music for hours with them and for me the music is what it is all about. Graphs mean nothing to me.

Oh sure! I didn't mean to imply your reactions were wrong. Everyone's ears are physically different, their hearing is different, their head is a different size, and their experience with listening to different sound sources and music is different, all of which has a significant impact on how a given pair of headphones sounds. For instance, Sound & Vision loved the Koss Pro4S: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/koss-pro4s-headphone-review

Where graphs are useful is explaining why you might hear what you hear. For instance, if the Wirecutter review team had examined waterfall plots on the frequency decay over time on the Koss Pro4S, they'd realize that the "intensity" they experienced at 10Khz was a ringing issue. They could also look at the THD plots and realize that the low frequencies have some distortion (more than something like the NAD Viso HP50). I like to post graphs and reviews with well-reasoned criticisms in order that the wider audience of head-fi readers can pick out specifics like these and calibrate their expectations appropriately. I rarely buy a headphone without graphs (from as many sources as I can find), and I have an archive of all the graphs I've found for all the headphones I have and make continual efforts to understand the relationships of all graphs and data to the sound I'm hearing for my ears and mind, so I can understand how a given graph for a headphone I haven't heard would relate to me personally (and I assume there are others here who do the same).

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2,304 of 7,153
I can't seem to find any full reviews for the 007, can somebody link me or those who have it post your impressions so I can match to the Lasmex as looking at them they are pretty much identical headphones besides ear cup designs so I'd like to see if what you guys are hearing matches these to see if drivers and tuning could be the same. Thanks

Sorry, I just stumbled upon this thread, so I may have missed some sort of context, but are you talking about the SIVGA SV007? I just uploaded a review last night. I did it ASMR style by whispering...but it's still a review nonetheless.

It's my first video review of anything tech-related and it's also primarily an ASMR video, so please forgive the overall lengthy, drawn-out, and rambly nature of it. It's an ASMR video first, a review second. Read the description for the time stamps of the actual sections of the review. Here they are just in case:
Build Quality: 4:56 Comfort: 13:18 Accessories: 16:05 Sound: 20:30 Specs + other technical stuff: 20:44 Bass: 24:19 Mids: 25:20 Highs: 26:26 EQ (Equalization): 27:20 Conclusion: 29:11

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #2,306 of 7,153
@SkinnyWiener nice video :) you suspected that The cups are not made of Wood. Sigvas are obviously related to bosshifi B6,B7 and b8 which are all made of Wood. Would Be strange is sivga's were plastic. You could easily check it by opening The headphones. Should just take a minute. Baffle is propably connected with 4 screws and nothing is glued in inside.

Oct 22, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,308 of 7,153
Sorry, I just stumbled upon this thread, so I may have missed some sort of context, but are you talking about the SIVGA SV007? I just uploaded a review last night. I did it ASMR style by whispering...but it's still a review nonetheless.

It's my first video review of anything tech-related and it's also primarily an ASMR video, so please forgive the overall lengthy, drawn-out, and rambly nature of it. It's an ASMR video first, a review second. Read the description for the time stamps of the actual sections of the review. Here they are just in case:
Build Quality: 4:56 Comfort: 13:18 Accessories: 16:05 Sound: 20:30 Specs + other technical stuff: 20:44 Bass: 24:19 Mids: 25:20 Highs: 26:26 EQ (Equalization): 27:20 Conclusion: 29:11

Strange being ASMR, but basically lot of what I heard too. Really shouty and mid/vocal forward. Bass decent but a bit rolled off. Treble rolled off as well. I would call it more A shaped with Mids so far forward. The wood is real and you should be able to tell by tapping them with a finger without even taking the cups off. Wood makes that hollow wood pop that resonates like wood when tapped.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,309 of 7,153
I know source plays a part but reading a Lasmex L-85 review on MassDrop Discussion tab does not match my impressions at all, he says heavy v-shape, I'm hearing mid forward with great vocal clarity almost to the point where vocals can sound a bit "detached", it's really strange at times.

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #2,310 of 7,153
I know source plays a part but reading a Lasmex L-85 review on MassDrop Discussion tab does not match my impressions at all, he says heavy v-shape, I'm hearing mid forward with great vocal clarity almost to the point where vocals can sound a bit "detached", it's really strange at times.
I read a bunch of info on the Lasmex and I remember reading something about V shaped, and wondering what they were comparing it to. What I mean is, if you are used to the sound of Audio Technica AD series headphones, these might sound V shaped? Pure speculation on my part, my point is, unless I am familiar with the reviewer or they COMPARE directly to other phones I know personally (or are at least I'm familiar with how they are supposed to sound) then I don't give their words too much weight.
That's why I was asking if your 9500s were modified, I have some with NVX angled pads so when you make comparisons between the two I will have a pretty good idea what you are talking about...some guy saying they are deeply V shaped on Massdrop is useless to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back