Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,877 of 7,153
It is safer to remain in the realm of earbuds LOL

Is it? Have you seen what some of those guys are spending? Much more than those little wooden headphones you have your eye on.

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,878 of 7,153
Is it? Have you seen what some of those guys are spending? Much more than those little wooden headphones you have your eye on.
I used to hoard full-size-open-back cans in the past. Someday somehow I turned sad and sold everything away. I retired to buds and I am quite content with the audio quality. And the best part is that they will not take up much space.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,879 of 7,153
I used to hoard full-size-open-back cans in the past. Someday somehow I turned sad and sold everything away. I retired to buds and I am quite content with the audio quality. And the best part is that they will not take up much space.

I don't think I could do that. I still like headphones more. Space...yes, space is a problem especially because my husband has even more headphones than I do. I am trying hard to not be as bad as he is,lol.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,880 of 7,153
I don't think I could do that. I still like headphones more. Space...yes, space is a problem especially because my husband has even more headphones than I do. I am trying hard to not be as bad as he is,lol.
I can't wear headphones (on-ear or over-ear) comfortably with my glasses and that is a major turn-off. But anyhow I still wish to own or try out electrostatic headphones (Stax or Koss) when the time is right.

I don't think a lady can ever live with a guy who is obsessed with something. It is good that you and your husband share the same religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 23, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,881 of 7,153
Sep 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,883 of 7,153
Looks like yet another Sivga/Bosshifi variant:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DY8R9

Headband photos in the description says Sivga, so it looks like they're just using their own name in the Amazon listing.

I've never understood why sellers do that. For example, you can buy KZs from Amazon, but sometimes they aren't listed as KZ. Instead they'll be listed as "ChingChongWoo bass heavy 3.5mm aux super bass fantastic #1 all your base are belong to us earphones".

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,884 of 7,153
Headband photos in the description says Sivga, so it looks like they're just using their own name in the Amazon listing.

I've never understood why sellers do that. For example, you can buy KZs from Amazon, but sometimes they aren't listed as KZ. Instead they'll be listed as "ChingChongWoo bass heavy 3.5mm aux super bass fantastic #1 all your base are belong to us earphones".
Ah, didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out! Would like to start seeing some price drops on these.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,885 of 7,153
@cursing @mbwilson111 I've seen them before, but nobody here has bought them as far as I'm aware. I brought them up maybe a month or so back but no biters. They have a few interesting sub-100 headphones that might be worth trying, and that one's kind of been stuck in my head as an ultra-portable headphone due to the minimalist design. The only drawback is some of the offerings that I recognize feel expensive: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ic-monitor-headphones/923848_32567060155.html

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,886 of 7,153
@cursing @mbwilson111 I've seen them before, but nobody here has bought them as far as I'm aware. I brought them up maybe a month or so back but no biters. They have a few interesting sub-100 headphones that might be worth trying, and that one's kind of been stuck in my head as an ultra-portable headphone due to the minimalist design. The only drawback is some of the offerings that I recognize feel expensive: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ic-monitor-headphones/923848_32567060155.html

Wow that is way too expensive!

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,887 of 7,153

I could be wrong, but these look an awful lot like the Sivga SV007 that several here have & like: https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-Headphones-Definition-Professional-SV007/dp/B0718VWCB9

(the Sivga SV007s run ~$80, less than 1/2 this Aliexpress offering)

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,888 of 7,153
Yep, which is why while I'd like to try the minimalist headphone, I'm hoping to stumble across it elsewhere for maybe half the price.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,889 of 7,153
If you look carefully at the Sivga 007 you will see that the surface of the cup is not flat like the aliexpress one. Also the grill on the Sivga is dark and a different texture. That AE one looks more like a bosshifi b7. In any case too expensive.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,890 of 7,153
Yep, which is why while I'd like to try the minimalist headphone, I'm hoping to stumble across it elsewhere for maybe half the price.

Do you think the seller is the one who makes it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back