Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 25, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #1,907 of 7,153
Finally put angled pads on the Neo. Really enjoy them. The driver sitting right on my ears was a bit annoying.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,909 of 7,153
hey guys i just want to ask for the guys who have the bosshifi b8s. do they benefit from burn in? how long?, coz my first impression ootb it was very good but i want to know if it will improve overtime

Some say burn in is helpful. Others say it does absolutely nothing.

My take is that it certainly can’t hurt so why not? That way, both bases are covered.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #1,910 of 7,153
hey guys i just want to ask for the guys who have the bosshifi b8s. do they benefit from burn in? how long?, coz my first impression ootb it was very good but i want to know if it will improve overtime

Well, I am not a guy but I do have the B8s. Happy that you like them. I cannot honestly say that I have ever noticed much,if any, difference with burn-in. I only do it to maintain credibility in certain threads. I think it is more a matter of your brain getting used to a new headphone...particularly if the new one has a different sound signature from your most used one. The new one could eventually become a new favorite. Would that be because of burn-in? Maybe, maybe not. Personally I adapt to and appreciate different sound signatures. How is that for a non answer ? :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,911 of 7,153
Some say burn in is helpful. Others say it does absolutely nothing.

My take is that it certainly can’t hurt so why not? That way, both bases are covered.

What he said...and more concisely.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #1,913 of 7,153
alright thanks for the response guys, well for me i believe in burn, coz my grado cans sound like trash ootb, after 2 days of straight burn in it sounded like what grado should sound, i got 2 pairs to compare so im kinda sure of it

Let us know what you think after burning in the B8s. I did burn mine in for a few days My Grados (325e) were already burned in when I got them.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,915 of 7,153
my bosshifi b8 just arrived to

For reference, I find the stock pads for the B8's are best sonically for sound. They are decently comfortable, but there are more comfortable earpads out there. Unfortunately, none of the better comfort earpads do anything good for the sound. In most cases I found, other pads make them sound pretty bad actually. I think this is because of how angled the drivers are in the housing.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,916 of 7,153
For reference, I find the stock pads for the B8's are best sonically for sound. They are decently comfortable, but there are more comfortable earpads out there. Unfortunately, none of the better comfort earpads do anything good for the sound. In most cases I found, other pads make them sound pretty bad actually. I think this is because of how angled the drivers are in the housing.

Yes I put the Brainwavz hybrids on my B8 but I think I need to put the original pads back on.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #1,917 of 7,153
how did u remove the pads on the b8? for me it seems like its non-removable or maybe im just afraid to try taking it off coz it still new hehe, btw i find the pads smells funny and stiff, but nonetheless comfortable so im okay with it.

edit: I don't like the stock wire for this b8, it looks pleasing but it lacks weight

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,918 of 7,153
how did u remove the pads on the b8? for me it seems like its non-removable or maybe im just afraid to try taking it off coz it still new hehe, btw i find the pads smells funny and stiff, but nonetheless comfortable so im okay with it.

edit: I don't like the stock wire for this b8, it looks pleasing but it lacks weight

Just pull on it. It's just slotted in. Pull two fingers into the earpad cup and push from the inside out and it will slide out of the slot it is in. Real easy to change out pads that way. Look up any youtube video of someone replacing any slot style headphone with a brainwavz hm5 pad. Same setup.

I use my vmoda cord for anything with 3.5mm terminations right now.

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,919 of 7,153
Just pull on it. It's just slotted in. Pull two fingers into the earpad cup and push from the inside out and it will slide out of the slot it is in. Real easy to change out pads that way. Look up any youtube video of someone replacing any slot style headphone with a brainwavz hm5 pad. Same setup.

I use my vmoda cord for anything with 3.5mm terminations right now.

ooh I see thanks, but I think I'll just keep the stock pads for now.

the wires seems so out of place when compared to the build quality of the cans, I hope they kept it consistent.

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,920 of 7,153
Yes I put the Brainwavz hybrids on my B8 but I think I need to put the original pads back on.

I listened for awhile this evening to some music with my B8s with the Brainwavz hybrid pads. I had to stop. They don't sound right. The highs seem harsh and the vocals sound wrong...listening to a couple of artists that I have seen live in small venues. I know their voices. Guitars did not sound right either. I am now listening with and enjoying the Sivga SV007s.

Tomorrow I will see if I can get the stock pads back onto the B8s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back