Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 25, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #1,921 of 7,153
One thing I noticed when I compare the B7 to the B8 is that the angle of the drivers is reversed. B7 has them going from back to front, and the B8 from front to back. The B7's sound fine, or even better with more comfortable pads. The B8s do not. I think it's due to the difference in the direction of the angle. Wondering if I should try reversing them.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,923 of 7,153
One thing I noticed when I compare the B7 to the B8 is that the angle of the drivers is reversed. B7 has them going from back to front, and the B8 from front to back. The B7's sound fine, or even better with more comfortable pads. The B8s do not. I think it's due to the difference in the direction of the angle. Wondering if I should try reversing them.
do you have pictures of the drivers? I have read a lot of stuff on the B8s (I thought I was getting those next, but kinda fell into the Akais instead) I remember looking at them compared to the Denons that they are so similar to and I thought they were not angled but the Denons were. I take apart almost all my headphones, and I would love to see what you are talking about before I get the B8s...

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,924 of 7,153
do you have pictures of the drivers? I have read a lot of stuff on the B8s (I thought I was getting those next, but kinda fell into the Akais instead) I remember looking at them compared to the Denons that they are so similar to and I thought they were not angled but the Denons were. I take apart almost all my headphones, and I would love to see what you are talking about before I get the B8s...
Which Denon?

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,925 of 7,153
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,927 of 7,153
I have MM400's and they sound beautiful. I checked out the B8's but they don't use the same tech as the Denon's.
I can't imagine they sound the same even if they do look similar. The B8 uses a Dynamic + BA setup? According to amazon atleast. I haven't seen any BA in an actual headphone before so maybe the description is wrong.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #1,928 of 7,153
I have MM400's and they sound beautiful. I checked out the B8's but they don't use the same tech as the Denon's.
I can't imagine they sound the same even if they do look similar. The B8 uses a Dynamic + BA setup? According to amazon atleast. I haven't seen any BA in an actual headphone before so maybe the description is wrong.

Uhh. I don't see a balanced armature driver in the B8. Not sure where you saw that at.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #1,931 of 7,153
yeah, it's a description problem, they don't have any balanced armature drivers...from what I have read it looks like the cups are the same (just a little more 'finished' look on the Denons) the headband is similar and the drivers are larger and 'beryllium coated' on the B8... a sort of Chinese re-mix of the Denons...I've seen where people have compared the two and preferred the B8s...but that was more incidental than a real comparison, so, who can say.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,932 of 7,153
yeah, it's a description problem, they don't have any balanced armature drivers...from what I have read it looks like the cups are the same (just a little more 'finished' look on the Denons) the headband is similar and the drivers are larger and 'beryllium coated' on the B8... a sort of Chinese re-mix of the Denons...I've seen where people have compared the two and preferred the B8s...but that was more incidental than a real comparison, so, who can say.
Yea I would like to hear the two side by side.
I have a few pairs of headphones and the MM400's really stand out. its a great sounding neutral headphone.
I can see people preferring something else though if you aren't interested in reference like sound as the tuning of the MM400 is very flat.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,933 of 7,153
Hey everyone, wondering if there is any over-ear bluetooth recommendation that isn't bludio. Thanks.

I really liked the Philips 5500, I ended up not caring for BT though and gave them to my friend. Sucks they aren't readily available on Amazon now. Philips has quite a few BT headphones and I'm a fan of their gear, quite good bang for buck

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #1,934 of 7,153
Yea I would like to hear the two side by side.
I have a few pairs of headphones and the MM400's really stand out. its a great sounding neutral headphone.
I can see people preferring something else though if you aren't interested in reference like sound as the tuning of the MM400 is very flat.
Sounds like you need to go ahead and order a set of Bosshifi B8 and get to the bottom of things. Do the community a solid and tell us how the lowly B8 compares in sound to the lovely Denon MM400?
be a pal?

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #1,935 of 7,153
Sounds like you need to go ahead and order a set of Bosshifi B8 and get to the bottom of things. Do the community a solid and tell us how the lowly B8 compares in sound to the lovely Denon MM400?
be a pal?
I might, but I have to wait a bit my wife will get angry for sure if she sees even more headphones coming in when I just got these Denons xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back