Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,846 of 7,153
The M560 & Akai have a similar enough sound, although I prefer the M560's vocals for my initial listening. If I really needed more bass than that, my somewhat silly Over-ear Momentums using way too small pads have an absolute ton when pushed.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,847 of 7,153
Never thought my m560 were particularly heavy on bass. They sound much better on bass though with xb700 pads. I ended up use velcro tape to apply them on. Had to pull up that glued on felt liner stuff though. Man that adhesive stuff is TACKY! Was waiting to see if I could find some place that would do a 3d print with magnets for a base-plate like the original pads. Unfortunately couldn't find anyone to make those for me. So velcro to the rescue then.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #1,849 of 7,153
So interesting discovery I made.

I have the Koss DJ Pro 200 headphones. Problem with them that I found is if they are paired up some "bigger" earpads the bass response goes to ziltch. They end up hollow and empty sounding. The stock pads are horrible. The M50 pads from audio technica are slightly better on comfort but not by much without losing the sound. But going from stock pads to the M50 pads for comfort is about equivalent to going from 400 to 600 grit sand paper to wipe your butt. Either way you are still getting it rough.

So I decided to try the pads from the Bosshifi B8's on them. They are bigger than either the stock pads or the M50 pads. Much more comfortable than either. They aren't quite HM5 size though. Verdict??? Perfection!!!!!!!! If anything they make these Koss cans sound awesome. Problem was matching something up with the bosshifi b8's. HM5's do drop the bass response down a tad on them as well. Not horribly so. In the end I decided to use HM5 pads on the B8's and the B8 pads on the Koss.

Right now trying to find B8 pads or equivalents though. I think I still prefer the stock pad sound signature on the B8's over the HM5 pads.

The whole thing is strange though with pads in some cases making huge sound changes on some cans, and no changes at all in others. HM5 pads noticeably increase the bass quality and quantity in my SHP9500 and Monoprice 8323 headphones. They noticeably decrease the response on the Koss DJ Pros. I'm not talking barely perceptible differences that takes a trained ear. I am talking drastic differences anyone that isn't completely deaf would notice easily.

Another note. The ISK MDH8500 get a bit better bass response and clarity with the dampening foam over the drivers taken off.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #1,850 of 7,153

I have the Koss DJ Pro 200 headphones. Problem with them that I found is if they are paired up some "bigger" earpads the bass response goes to ziltch. They end up hollow and empty sounding. The stock pads are horrible. The M50 pads from audio technica are slightly better on comfort but not by much without losing the sound. But going from stock pads to the M50 pads for comfort is about equivalent to going from 400 to 600 grit sand paper to wipe your butt. Either way you are still getting it rough.

So I decided to try the pads from the Bosshifi B8's on them. They are bigger than either the stock pads or the M50 pads. Much more comfortable than either. They aren't quite HM5 size though. Verdict??? Perfection!!!!!!!! If anything they make these Koss cans sound awesome. Problem was matching something up with the bosshifi b8's. HM5's do drop the bass response down a tad on them as well. Not horribly so. In the end I decided to use HM5 pads on the B8's and the B8 pads on the Koss.

Right now trying to find B8 pads or equivalents though. I think I still prefer the stock pad sound signature on the B8's over the HM5 pads.

Happy to read this post. It's not everyday that somebody "hits it out of the park" when pad-rolling, a pursuit filled w/disappointment.

I've done a lot of posting about pad rolling: last year in the JVC HA-SZ1000 thread; here several months ago re w/my Yenona's; and this week on the E-Mu Teak thread. After all this pad rolling, just a couple of wins and a lot of losses.

I have 3 absolutely top-shelf pads on hand that are well made, luxurious feeling in use, and extremely attractive (ZMF cowhides; Alpha Pads; Brainwavz angled sheepskins). And I have yet to find any headphone where any of the 3 really make things better sonically (or at least don't make things any worse). Pad rolling is not for the faint of heart.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #1,851 of 7,153

Nice find! I had a similar experience with taking the pads off my Fidelio L2 and putting them on my Sony MDR 7506. They are a little on the small side for the Fidelios, but they are perfect for the Sonys. Of all the pads I tried on the Sonys these are the only ones that make them sound better. Generally, every other pad was more comfortable than stock, but sometimes the sound suffered. (for example NVX angled pads made everything sloppy and loose and added a kind of weird reverb)
Of course the only way to get a set of Fidelio pads is to order a Fidelio L2, Lol.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #1,852 of 7,153
Happy to read this post. It's not everyday that somebody "hits it out of the park" when pad-rolling, a pursuit filled w/disappointment.

I've done a lot of posting about pad rolling: last year in the JVC HA-SZ1000 thread; here several months ago re w/my Yenona's; and this week on the E-Mu Teak thread. After all this pad rolling, just a couple of wins and a lot of losses.

I have 3 absolutely top-shelf pads on hand that are well made, luxurious feeling in use, and extremely attractive (ZMF cowhides; Alpha Pads; Brainwavz angled sheepskins). And I have yet to find any headphone where any of the 3 really make things better sonically (or at least don't make things any worse). Pad rolling is not for the faint of heart.

I don't have any of the real expensive earpads. HM5's, Senitek, XB pads, and Trancesa pads are the only after market pads I bought. So basically $13 pads. Since the majority of my headphones cost under $100, most actually under $50, I have a hard time trying to justify putting $30+ earpads on them. So I stick with $13~ pads that I've been picking up.

As for the more expensive headphones I have, I haven't felt the need to change out the stock pads on them at all. I like the way my EMU Ebonies sound with the stock pads. Comfort on them isn't that bad to me either. I wouldn't want to leave them on for 8 hours at a time, but I can certainly use them for a few hours during a night.

Another interesting thing to point out in my fun voyage is the hiccup I had with my new Chord Mojo. Picked it up and I originally thought it was busted. Sounded AWFUL. Actually made a youtube clip of it.

Found out that there are drivers for it and the auto drivers for windows 10 don't always auto so well. Installed the drivers from chord electronics site and every went perfect after that. I was freaking out though originally after trying them.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #1,853 of 7,153

I think where people find the most success with pad swaps is when you have either 1) just flat out bad stock pads and so simply making the headphones fit right and or comfortably is going to improve the experience or 2) mismatched/poorly executed pads.
As an example: Sony MDR 7506 doesn't have terrible pads, they just aren't deep enough and the foam is squishy, non-memory foam. I think the reason the L2 pads are so good for the Sonys, besides much better pleather and good memory foam, is that they are really close to the size of the original pad, so it's not a radical change so much as it is just an across the board upgrade.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,854 of 7,153
Liboers finally arrived. Unfortunately, sound does not please me at all as I find them VERY warm and really lacking the sense of air and space... And they are also uncomfortable because the pads press on my ears in a bad way...:triportsad: My old trusty Superlux EVO are much better in everything.

Please, tell me that Sigva SV007 are much clearer, transparent and open sounding (and comfortable), as they are actually the most intriguing headphones for me and I would not like to be disappointed as happened with Liboers, considering also the much higher price...

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,855 of 7,153
Liboers finally arrived. Unfortunately, sound does not please me at all as I find them VERY warm and really lacking the sense of air and space... And they are also uncomfortable because the pads press on my ears in a bad way...:triportsad: My old trusty Superlux EVO are much better in everything.

Please, tell me that Sigva SV007 are much clearer, transparent and open sounding (and comfortable), as they are actually the most intriguing headphones for me and I would not like to be disappointed as happened with Liboers, considering also the much higher price...

The liboers are warm closed cans. They have clarity, but if you like sparkling cans they are not it. The SV007 are more mid centric. They are not warm cans. They are not "airy or open" either in that sense. They basically put the singer of a song right in your face. The instruments sound off to the side and there is sound stage for them, but it is really an in your face vocal/mid range set of cans. If you like open, sparkly, airy cans though there are plenty out there that are good on the cheap. SHP9500 do that in stock form.

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #1,856 of 7,153

What kind of music do you listen to? Also, if you are happy with the Evos (I like mine) why are you looking at others? Do you want to replace them? Do you want to compliment them? How much are you willing to spend? Does it have to be an Asian brand?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,857 of 7,153
The liboers are warm closed cans. They have clarity, but if you like sparkling cans they are not it. The SV007 are more mid centric. They are not warm cans. They are not "airy or open" either in that sense. They basically put the singer of a song right in your face. The instruments sound off to the side and there is sound stage for them, but it is really an in your face vocal/mid range set of cans. If you like open, sparkly, airy cans though there are plenty out there that are good on the cheap. SHP9500 do that in stock form.

I have little experience with full size headphones as I'm more an earbud guy, so I can only learn from mistakes. Not sure, but now I think that probably closed cans are not for me.
SHP9500 are not available in my country. My budget is max 80€ (or 100$), and the only open headphones I can find in this price range are the Sivga and the Bingle B910-M, but there are very few reviews about the last one.

What kind of music do you listen to? Also, if you are happy with the Evos (I like mine) why are you looking at others? Do you want to replace them? Do you want to compliment them? How much are you willing to spend? Does it have to be an Asian brand?

Let's say that I listen to a bit of everything. Just to get you an idea I like Pearl Jam, Sigur Ròs, Coldplay, Bowie, Beatles etc. I'm searching for an alternative or upgrade from the EVOs, as more and more often I'm finding them to have a bit too much bass and a bit too little mids. I think I'm becoming a tad more "vocal oriented". Also, I need bigger or softer pads (I didn't think that Liboers were so small until I've seen them in my hands, my mistake). As I said, budget max 80€ and no, not necessarily Asian brand.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,858 of 7,153
I have little experience with full size headphones as I'm more an earbud guy, so I can only learn from mistakes. Not sure, but now I think that probably closed cans are not for me.
SHP9500 are not available in my country. My budget is max 80€ (or 100$), and the only open headphones I can find in this price range are the Sivga and the Bingle B910-M, but there are very few reviews about the last one.

Since you are using the Euro, guessing you are buying an item in a country in Europe :)

There are plenty of people on this forum in Europe selling items in that price range.

Amazon.co.uk also does sell the SHP9500, but for 99E.

Status Audio OB-1, which the reviews I read might make it match your tastes, is only 39E on amazon UK.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,860 of 7,153
Just looked at his profile and he is in italy.

They don't have the SHP9500 on amazon italy. If he was wanted to order from there though the Status Audio OB-1 and the Lasmex L-85 are for sale there and in his price range. Also got characteristics he may be looking for. He would have to look at the reviews personally for each of them to see if they are what he is looking for.

DIZA100 are also available.

https://www.amazon.it/DIZA100-microfono-disegno-lorecchio-metallico/dp/B01LWPC7N0

Here is the links for the OB 1 and Lasmex:
https://www.amazon.it/Status-Audio-Cuffie-parte-posteriore-aperta/dp/B01BE1EEEG

https://www.amazon.it/Lasmex-L-85-Circumaural-Head-band-headphone/dp/B01LZUMLRU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back