Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 21, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #27,586 of 33,689
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #27,588 of 33,689
I think you're trying to give Indian songs and movies a bad name :D

I agree with you. Having spent large amounts of time in India I do love Indian films and more so Indian Music and Dance, whether classical or more modern. I can't really see how this bit of film/music score really gives any indication of the qualities of the Blon 03.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #27,589 of 33,689
Oct 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #27,590 of 33,689
TRN V90 and Senlee 8 core single crystal cable. A brilliant combination! Sound excellent across all genres and extremely well balanced.
IMG_20191021_141732.jpg

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #27,591 of 33,689
I have the Spring 1 bought myself based on comments in here.
Wasted my money (that's how this hobby goes...can't be helped)
Incoherent hybrid where bass is clearly detached from the rest of presentation.
Better than the BLON 03?? Different music prefs aside I find that hard to take serious.
Will do a review later but I hope it doesn't gain traction. Too much other stuff that are cheaper and sound better

Ouch...really?

To me Spring1 is all about mid range richness, clarity and texture, only drawback is sub bass extension wich is a little too tigh-thick, but overall bass is quite hard thumping and present.

For rap and such, I would take the warmer, more mellow and U shape BLON....for all the rest, Spring1 is my go to iem.

Tough this song sound great with Spring1, with better imaging and tigher attack than BLON wich stole lotta details and veil it too much with sub bass:

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #27,592 of 33,689
If you already found your endgame with t800 i think you wont need the spring 1, as the t800 maybe will surpass almost everything, except maybe smoothness or maybe timbre ( i never listen to t800 but from what i've read and by following audiosense thread)

Unless you are like me, want to keep the endgame safe for listening session at home, while using other iem on the go. If this the case, they are worth the price because just like blons that hold high value, this smooth gems also do.

About bass though, i already tell my honest impressions, but they got benefit from burn in process and become much better now, and try wide bore eartips (blon also better with wide bore for me for reducing mid bass bleed). The spring 1 mid bass actually after a brief listen, they are not bleeding, mids are very clear. Its the sub bass that too rolled off and not being bigger than the mid bass. So on tracks that have sub bass attacks with little mid / upper bass, they are sounds great and deep. But on tracks that attacking with sub bass and mid bass and upper bass at the same time, i heard mid bass more particularly on 80-120 hz before the subbass level reach my preference. This is the same case with previous bqeyz products with spring 1 is lower on quantity on both subbass and mid bass although they already have better subbass quality and quantity.
+1 about sub bass ackwardness....even if it isnt that much of an intense drawback. this is why i dont suggest them for trap rap or sub bass heavy tracks that need transparent rumble.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #27,593 of 33,689
COPY-PASTE some first impressions of SHUOER TAPE (taking from NBBA facebook group)

''Paolo Tellano After an hour of listening, here are my impressions....

Cons - Upper midrange spike (specifically the snare, it's my sensitive area), vocals have a weird timbre at normal volume but can sound a bit shouty when you up the volume, and treble peaks (I didn't mind these because I'm not treble sensitive), and can get a bit fatiguing in long listening sessions.

Pros - amazing detail retrieval, resolution is excellent, imaging is superb, and the soundstage is above average. Great quality package and ergonomic fit.

General observations: more sub bass than mid bass oriented, mids are dependent on the volume, and highs extend well and has great quantity as well.

If you love your details and instruments, these IEMs won't disappoint you. You're not going to miss much in terms of micro details. However, if you want something smooth and musical, look elsewhere.

Comparing to my current gear:
v.s. Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered

The soundstage width and depth goes to the UERR. Pure resolution, I sincerely believe the tape has more or at least throws it more aggressively in your face. Imaging goes to the UERR but the Tape is at its tail as it presents the instruments distinct from one another in the sound space.

v.s. BLON BL-03
Soundstage goes to the BLONs. Imaging are excellent on both but the Tape has it beat on resolution. The BLONs sounds more natural to my ears and can throw the details without being fatiguing.''

I wonder if burn in will tame treble harshness...

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #27,594 of 33,689
Ok, so the blon bl-03 are good... But I think the comparisons are getting a bit out of control in my opinion. It's a good reference set. Sort of reminds me of the ibasso it04 but at a lower price point. It's good but it's not knocking your socks off.

The soundstage isn't great, it's artificially large because the vocal ranges are recessed. As a basshead, I really can't get on board with the bass here compared to any of the other DD sets I've tried recently. It's middle of the pack, and inoffensive but also unremarkable. Attack and decay is middle of the road, punchiness and extension also middle of the road. Detail is simply good, not fantastic or out of the ordinary for a single DD.

These are in undoubtedly a good set, but I see little that they truly Excel at. I actually don't agree that the tuning is overall very balanced. I do hear harshness in the lower treble that makes them need EQ for high volume, and that's with a copper cable on the hiby r6 pro, so not a shrill setup.

A good set, undoubtedly, but the main thing it does is set the bar really high for $30 and make it unacceptable for more expensive pairs to have really glaring weaknesses... That's a very good thing, but I think the hype is a bit much.

Oct 21, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #27,595 of 33,689
Ok, so the blon bl-03 are good... But I think the comparisons are getting a bit out of control in my opinion. It's a good reference set. Sort of reminds me of the ibasso it04 but at a lower price point. It's good but it's not knocking your socks off.

The soundstage isn't great, it's artificially large because the vocal ranges are recessed. As a basshead, I really can't get on board with the bass here compared to any of the other DD sets I've tried recently. It's middle of the pack, and inoffensive but also unremarkable. Attack and decay is middle of the road, punchiness and extension also middle of the road. Detail is simply good, not fantastic or out of the ordinary for a single DD.

These are in undoubtedly a good set, but I see little that they truly Excel at. I actually don't agree that the tuning is overall very balanced. I do hear harshness in the lower treble that makes them need EQ for high volume, and that's with a copper cable on the hiby r6 pro, so not a shrill setup.

A good set, undoubtedly, but the main thing it does is set the bar really high for $30 and make it unacceptable for more expensive pairs to have really glaring weaknesses... That's a very good thing, but I think the hype is a bit much.

Fair enough. It's a view. Not a common one...but a view, nonetheless. I've got three pairs and they all sound slightly different: different cables, different stages of play...so dunno what that says?

Oct 21, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #27,597 of 33,689

Yeah, I've got the same feeling about them. Good for $30 but doesn't excel in any area for my preferences. Personally there's even a couple of cheaper offerings that I enjoy more. YMMV and in this case it's pretty obvious it does :wink:

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #27,598 of 33,689
Yeah, I've got the same feeling about them. Good for $30 but doesn't excel in any area for my preferences. Personally there's even a couple of cheaper offerings that I enjoy more. YMMV and in this case it's pretty obvious it does :wink:
The main thing I see is that it's an easy recommendation for $30 because it is so inoffensive and all around pretty good. I doubt anybody is going to HATE the bl-03 for the sound, most likely it'd be because they have fit issues.

But also because of that, I'm not even sure if the blon will be my lawn mowing pair, they're just not secure enough for physical activity...

Long term, I just don't see myself getting much use from them as a hobbyist/collector because they just don't really standout in any way to me. They'd be a great pick for a random person who wants "the best" IEM they can get for $30 without knowing anything about their preferences.

I can definitely see why people like @Hawaiibadboy recommend them, it's a no brainer. To a casual user without much basis for comparison, they're pretty great. To a collector and avid EQ user? Meh... Nothing special about em.

Edit:. I take that back, the packaging is very "special". Oppoty!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #27,599 of 33,689
Fair enough. It's a view. Not a common one...but a view, nonetheless. I've got three pairs and they all sound slightly different: different cables, different stages of play...so dunno what that says?

And that alone is somewhat troubling about the Blon. Consistently is iffy. From the initial reports that one color sounds better than the other (which has now been debunked), to just regular old variations from unit to unit.

I prefer to have more consistency if possible, which may help explain why the Blon is $30 and the Oxygen is $300. My guess is that they may in fact ‘have the same driver’ (which is a rumor that has not been proven), but the B-stock drivers that didn’t make the cut (for whatever the reason may be) went to the Blons, and the perfect drivers went to the Oxygen. Companies do that stuff all the time, and Intel and AMD have made an entire business model out of it.

Heck, we see the same variations in MH755 units. Some have a little more bass, others have a little less, etc.

But just like there’s a few dud MH755 out of a batch (that don’t sound as good/perfect as the others) I’m sure the Blons are the same way too.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #27,600 of 33,689
I have the Spring 1 bought myself based on comments in here.
Wasted my money (that's how this hobby goes...can't be helped)
Incoherent hybrid where bass is clearly detached from the rest of presentation.
Better than the BLON 03?? Different music prefs aside I find that hard to take serious.
Will do a review later but I hope it doesn't gain traction. Too much other stuff that are cheaper and sound better

Wow i missed your comments about Spring 1. I already explain about weirdness and bloomy mid bass that caused by eartips, they are very picky about eartips and required burn in (well, im half believer). But seriously eartips playing big parts on Spring 1 bass, try wide bores that have only little overlap with nozzle end so they dont make longer resonance which caused bloomy mid bass.

And that alone is somewhat troubling about the Blon. Consistently is iffy. From the initial reports that one color sounds better than the other (which has now been debunked), to just regular old variations from unit to unit.

I prefer to have more consistency if possible, which may help explain why the Blon is $30 and the Oxygen is $300. My guess is that they may in fact ‘have the same driver’ (which is a rumor that has not been proven), but the B-stock drivers that didn’t make the cut (for whatever the reason may be) went to the Blons, and the perfect drivers went to the Oxygen. Companies do that stuff all the time, and Intel and AMD have made an entire business model out of it.

Heck, we see the same variations in MH755 units. Some have a little more bass, others have a little less, etc.

But just like there’s a few dud MH755 out of a batch (that don’t sound as good/perfect as the others) I’m sure the Blons are the same way too.

i agree, even Andromeda have a lot of unit variations, they can slightly different in sound

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back