Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #26,836 of 33,689
That's sad news to hear for those of us who jumped on the hype train.

I haven't used the CNT1 much but I do know it beats every KZ I own. So, in that aspect it'll never be disappointing to me.

I personally think the CNT1 is good value at the firesale price of $35 - 43 USD (At the original price of 95 bucks, I wouldn't have considered it though). It more than holds its own against my Toneking Ninetails and TFZ No.3, which are almost 2 - 3x the current price. Maybe soundstage is wider and the SQ is generally more refined in the latter two, but we are talking marginal improvements IMHO.

Exactly. Mine seem stiff and over bassy - possibly need burning in...but I just don't think I'll ever get to do it.

Well the SKC CNT1 product insert recommended 100 - 200 hours burn in LOL. Maybe it needs the hours to loosen the dynamic diaphragm? But I thought it sounded quite good to me OOTB.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #26,837 of 33,689
I personally think the CNT1 is good value at the firesale price of $35 - 43 USD (At the original price of 95 bucks, I wouldn't have considered it though). It more than holds its own against my Toneking Ninetails and TFZ No.3, which are almost 2 - 3x the current price. Maybe soundstage is wider and the SQ is generally more refined in the latter two, but we are talking marginal improvements IMHO.

Well the SKC CNT1 product insert recommended 100 - 200 hours burn in LOL. Maybe it needs the hours to loosen the dynamic diaphragm? But I thought it sounded quite good to me OOTB.
Hm. Yeah they often say that these days (KPE did too) - makes it sounds more professional and covers a+se if it doesn't sounds great to you OOTB! @Hawaiibadboy may have a thing or two to say about that - being a non-burn in believer. I'm on the fence with a slightly sore bum on this. I think I've noticed changes over time...but happy to accept it could be me.

Anyhow...the CNT is all in the name to me :wink:
I'm joking...it's OK but no cigar. If it changes with burn in then so be it. Not sure I'll be using up valuable hours on my DAP trying to do that when I can be enjoying actually listening to the music with the 2 x Blons and others.

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #26,838 of 33,689
Hi there,

Here are my short impressions about the Ikko OH1 :slight_smile:

The OH1 was maybe the first product of the company Ikko but offers some sonic features like a great subbass and midbass performance, warm and musical midrange and fatigue free, yet detailed treble presentation that are packed in to a very ergonomic and solid monitor shell.

Pros & Cons:
  • + Bass Performance
  • + Musical Midrange & Fatigue Free Treble
  • + Soundstage Depth
  • + Build Quality & Comfort
  • – Upper Treble Roll-Off
Review Link: https://moonstarreviews.net/ikko-oh1-review-iem/

20190718_231945.jpg 20190718_233627.jpg 20190718_234142.jpg 20190718_232524.jpg

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #26,839 of 33,689
Not sure I'll be using up valuable hours on my DAP trying to do that when I can be enjoying actually listening to the music with the 2 x Blons and others.

That is why you have more than one dap:) or desktop system? or just an old radio with a headphone jack?

I sometimes have two or three things burning in at once:)

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #26,840 of 33,689
Hm. Yeah they often say that these days (KPE did too) - makes it sounds more professional and covers a+se if it doesn't sounds great to you OOTB! @Hawaiibadboy may have a thing or two to say about that - being a non-burn in believer. I'm on the fence with a slightly sore bum on this. I think I've noticed changes over time...but happy to accept it could be me.

Anyhow...the CNT is all in the name to me :wink:
I'm joking...it's OK but no cigar. If it changes with burn in then so be it. Not sure I'll be using up valuable hours on my DAP trying to do that when I can be enjoying actually listening to the music with the 2 x Blons and others.

That is why you have more than one dap:) or desktop system? or just an old radio with a headphone jack?

I sometimes have two or three things burning in at once:)

I'm a believer in burn in for DD, but I feel the changes are very subtle, definitely not light and day difference like a totally different sound signature. But I think 100 - 200 hours burn in is quite excessive IMO.
I wonder how come these companies don't burn in the stuff for us so that it is good to go out of the box? Since they themselves recommend the burn in in the first place? Not everyone has the gear or time to burn in stuff.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #26,841 of 33,689
Exactly. Mine seem stiff and over bassy - possibly need burning in...but I just don't think I'll ever get to do it.
The $4 3rd party nozzle rolls the bass off and transforms the CNT to a more neutralish balanced IEM. Sounds great to me for Metal and Punk ect, but I like the bass too much to use it. Your M6 nozzles are interchangeable too. Might want to fool around with them.

Just a thought.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #26,842 of 33,689
The $4 3rd party nozzle rolls the bass off and transforms the CNT to a more neutralish balanced IEM. Sounds great to me for Metal and Punk ect, but I like the bass too much to use it. Your M6 nozzles are interchangeable too. Might want to fool around with them.

Just a thought.
Where can you find these 3rd party nozzles (filter) for CNT1, link?

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #26,843 of 33,689

Just a thought.

Could I have the link to that nozzle? Just curious.. .might try it.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #26,844 of 33,689

Just a thought.
Ah. Cheers. Good thought on the M6 nozzles. They fit do they? It's not that I'd want to exactly reduce the bass, so much as improve it (should I choose to accept the mission, that is :wink:.
I'm a semi-basshead it seems...and I find the bass needs a bit more control maybe. But, quite simply, it could be some burn in time like we've said. Usually I find a few hours focusses things

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #26,846 of 33,689
Well well. Just went to play the little CNT's and the left ear piece just split in two at the seam. It obviously felt I didn't love them.

Can you share a photo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back