Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #26,851 of 33,689
Finally I have found a pair of tips that sound good with the Semkarch (Symbio MandarinEs). Just hoping to keep them in my ears without pain for long enough to truly enjoy them.

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #26,852 of 33,689
a simple case of split case. But should be easy enough to glue together?

I think you need a certain type of glue... maybe like the one my husband uses if he needs to glue some of the buds he makes... many buds have the front covers glued on.

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #26,853 of 33,689

Yeah, very easy to do. The same happened to my A5 but unfortunately one cable was also loose so it took all of my (very poor) soldering skills to fix it.

Sep 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #26,856 of 33,689
Finally I have found a pair of tips that sound good with the Semkarch (Symbio MandarinEs). Just hoping to keep them in my ears without pain for long enough to truly enjoy them.

All this talk about the Semkarch inspired me to try some very newly acquired tips on them. I thought I was OK with Auvios but no, these are the ones! The Case Market transparent. Very comfy, good seal, sound great... seemed to open them up more. The shells are flush with my ear... I could use them for sleeping on my side... except, now that I have seen how @ozziecook 's earpiece fell apart, I would be afraid to.

The other colors are different... I have not tried them. I am using the gold filters.

R0015444.JPG

Sep 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #26,857 of 33,689
They're very, very tip dependent. Also changing out the cable changed the sound massively but given that my cable died a horrible death I'm inclined to believe that a faulty cable caused the improvement when I fitted third party cables.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #26,859 of 33,689
My KBear F1 has been annoying me of late. Not only do I have the "worst" driver (I'm pretty sure it's the generic unmarked Tenhz copy unless someone can fill me in on where the markings are) but I have also had issues where the largest tips aren't big enough to seal. They aren't the usual size that all my others are so rolling was no option. So I bodged it. Sounds really good so far.
IMG_20190927_155200.jpg
IMG_20190927_155238.jpg

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #26,860 of 33,689
Agree with you on CNT-1. Disappointing to me. But IT01 is on a much higher level...far better and rounded soundstage and dynamics overall.

There's mixed opinions on the CNT-1 on this forum. Maybe I'll post my (very uneducated) impressions, to help others compare notes.

I bought it hoping for something smoother and less harsh than a typical KZ, where it succeeds, but as something that can compete with a $100 IEM like the IT-01 or the TFZ no. 3, it is probably somewhat lacking.

I was also hoping the CNT-1 would have decent isolation. It's better than most Chi-FI IEMs I own in that respect, but its softer sound signature precludes its use as a transit IEM for me. It's overall a decent way to approach $100 IEMs for home easy-listening for $35.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #26,861 of 33,689

Absolutely, same thing happened with my Sendiy M1221's and a toothpick and super glue does the trick:wink: While I'm in Chi-Fi land anyone have anything supporting the 4 BA single 10mm dynamic of the TRN V90's? Sure liking the look of the Navy (Indigo for me):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My thoughts on burn have always been if it moves it stretches:thinking:

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #26,862 of 33,689
you know, that burn in thing maybe true for the CNT1, i just made a comparison to my old pair and the new one, the new one is a bit mushy and slow in the bass, the old one that has more than 150 hours is a lot more tight in the bass and cleaner overall

I've read from others that the carbon nanotubes on the CNT really are 'tighter' than the mechanisms in other IEMs, and actually do require burn-in. The humorous manual seems to think so. It recommends 1-200 hours.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #26,863 of 33,689
Actually if u just want a touch of bass, I wouldn't recommend the TFZ No. 3. IMHO it is just one level short of basshead levels and if you are coming from a neutralish preferred tuning, it may sound like the bass may encroach on other frequencies (I'm a basshead so I don't mind it). There's also a mild mid bass bleed on the TFZ NO. 3, which some consumers won't like, though I like it for making the lower mids a bit warmer. The TFZ No. 3 soundstage is also not the widest, slightly above average in fact. I find details and instrument separation are comparable with the SKC CNT1 actually. These single DD IEMs won't have as good details/instrument separation as the hybrid/multi BAs coming out recently from CCA/KZ/TRN.

Hmm. That is worrisome about the No. 3's soundstage. I find the CNT-1's soundstage to be unsatisfying. Maybe I'll have to look into the IT01 instead.

Yeah, KZ/CCA/TRN are really shaking things up, throwing off the old value categories with their new BAs. One of their new models is likely to replace the V80 for me in the short-term.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #26,864 of 33,689
Hmm. That is worrisome about the No. 3's soundstage. I find the CNT-1's soundstage to be unsatisfying. Maybe I'll have to look into the IT01 instead.

Yeah, KZ/CCA/TRN are really shaking things up, throwing off the old value categories with their new BAs. One of their new models is likely to replace the V80 for me in the short-term.

Crazy right, you have the $45 V90 with the same driver count as the Rai Penta but just $1045 less for the TRN:open_mouth: The real question is the ROI and ones own value system, can one actually justify that $1045 for something most may just be walking around in a harsh environment in:thinking: I mean I have no doubt the Rai stomps the V90 in the dirt in every category especially build and materials but is it $1045 better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back