Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 24, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #23,791 of 33,689
So I got a message from Jim and he thanked me and told me that he will apply my suggestions in the next generation of hybrids ( F series), I am assuming that he is cooking something, well I tried, there's nothing more I can do

May 24, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #23,792 of 33,689
Here is the graph that Jim send me, on first glance the difference is not big but if you look at the scale you will see that the lower treble area (peaking at around 4.8khz) is reduced by around 5db, from 1.5khz to 5khz is a lot more linear (still has boost though), the side effect of that is removing a big chunk of energy in the upper treble (centered at around 15khz).
I told him try to lower that peak at 11khz, he said ok, after that he wrote that his engineer was able to remove that peak but the end result was not good (i assume that the damping applied took out a lot of the FR before and after that peak) so he decided to leave the 11khz untouched for that reason.
Now i am not sure if he will make a new version of that earphone or not (our communication is not ideal) but as far as i know the last thing he told me was that it will use better treble tuning in the future models from the same line of hybrids.
If he make a new version of the F3 with that tuning it will be with different name (i told him to change the name so the people will know what kind of tuned earphone they will get) like mk2 or V2, something like that. We will see.
EDIT - look at the driver matching under 3khz, amazing
HTB1RthHX79E3KVjSZFGn5U19XXaO.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #23,793 of 33,689
Found measurement of Nicehck N3 on aliexpress. Measurements are done on a Dayton Audio iMM-6 according to the the review. Quite a nice graph actually...

Anyway, graphs of N3 look quite promising but reading the reviews - different story.

I personally can never think how an iem will sound by looking at a graph, but I will say that I am one of the few that really likes the N3. It is extremely comfortable for me and sounds great with my music (which can be almost anything). I did burn it in for several days just playing music through it with my desktop setup. I never know if anything changes... I have so many things that I listen to... but I do it anyway.

I am lucky because as long as I am enjoying my music, I am not stuck on a certain sound signature.

May 24, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #23,794 of 33,689
Lets hope the best!
Also, I hope they ditch the shiny "plating" and do "brushed" or matte dark-silver looks.

Don`t know about calibration accuracy but that graph looks pretty "same" as KPE.
Here`s another one but "peaks" are located little differently:
NiceHCK_N3_FR.jpg

jTI4dPcl.jpg

10276198.jpg

With KPE, those peaks are little more shifted to right and roll-off in highs starts later, with smaller dip, to my eyes.

Anyway, graphs of N3 look quite promising but reading the reviews - different story.
Interesting are the variations at the low end but overall, any of these graphs gives one a good idea. And yes, while the graphs are not perfect, the earphones suck sonically.

Kanas Pro review (1 of 3) up.

IMG_0204-800x445.jpeg

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #23,795 of 33,689
I'm sure at least one of you understands that "fixing" any dissonant peaks is a double-edged sword. If they lower the offensive 5 kHz peak it will hopefully make the sound less fatiguing but at the same time, some of the amazing resolution that you're so excited about will be lost in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Chi-Fi fan and hope that they can make an incredible MK2 but throwing around terms like "giant killer" at this stage is rather silly.

I understand that entirely, my comment regarding wanting to test the two side by side was directed to exactly that. For that matter, Giant killer is not a term I use period.

May 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #23,796 of 33,689
I understand that entirely, my comment regarding wanting to test the two side by side was directed to exactly that. For that matter, Giant killer is not a term I use period.
And when you reduce that 5 kHz peak, the bass may come out more...not in measured magnitude but perceived. Good or bad, I don't know.

May 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #23,798 of 33,689
Here is the graph that Jim send me, on first glance the difference is not big but if you look at the scale you will see that the lower treble area (peaking at around 4.8khz) is reduced by around 5db, from 1.5khz to 5khz is a lot more linear (still has boost though), the side effect of that is removing a big chunk of energy in the upper treble (centered at around 15khz).
I told him try to lower that peak at 11khz, he said ok, after that he wrote that his engineer was able to remove that peak but the end result was not good (i assume that the damping applied took out a lot of the FR before and after that peak) so he decided to leave the 11khz untouched for that reason.
Now i am not sure if he will make a new version of that earphone or not (our communication is not ideal) but as far as i know the last thing he told me was that it will use better treble tuning in the future models from the same line of hybrids.
If he make a new version of the F3 with that tuning it will be with different name (i told him to change the name so the people will know what kind of tuned earphone they will get) like mk2 or V2, something like that. We will see.
EDIT - look at the driver matching under 3khz, amazing

This is great that Jim listens and makes improvements. I don't think I would spend the money again since the burn-in process and better dac/amp have addressed the brightness to my satisfaction (tolerance). But I am glad to own 2 iem's (M6 and F3) by this company committed to quality.

May 24, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #23,799 of 33,689
I personally can never think how an iem will sound by looking at a graph, but I will say that I am one of the few that really likes the N3. It is extremely comfortable for me and sounds great with my music (which can be almost anything). I did burn it in for several days just playing music through it with my desktop setup. I never know if anything changes... I have so many things that I listen to... but I do it anyway.

I am lucky because as long as I am enjoying my music, I am not stuck on a certain sound signature.
I also like the N3. I especially like it with the Zishan Z3. The balance is just better with that player. I think it’s the slightly higher output that pushes the piezo (could be talking out my a**) but the **** is also a monster out of that (the player not my a**).

May 24, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #23,801 of 33,689
How many of you have listened to the NiceHCK DZX 2+7 or 1+8?

How is it?

Any comparison with SONY IER-M7?

Will appreciate your replies.

Thank you!

May 24, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #23,802 of 33,689
does anyone here have the dunu titan 1 (fiio ex1) I am interested in this iem since its open back... is it worth to get this iem what you guys think ?

I used to own it. It has a nice warm open sound. If you want something in that uncommon form factor, I think it's worth getting (especially at the EX1 pricepoint). However, although the earpieces are more ventalated than most IEMs, I never really thought of them as "open back." They still isolate sound a bit. What about the open nature of the ex1 interests you?

May 24, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #23,803 of 33,689
Lets hope the best!
Also, I hope they ditch the shiny "plating" and do "brushed" or matte dark-silver looks.

Don`t know about calibration accuracy but that graph looks pretty "same" as KPE.
Here`s another one but "peaks" are located little differently:
NiceHCK_N3_FR.jpg

jTI4dPcl.jpg

10276198.jpg

With KPE, those peaks are little more shifted to right and roll-off in highs starts later, with smaller dip, to my eyes.

Hey that first graph posted by Riz99 is actually mine :) I have posted it also somewhere in here few months ago. Measurements taken with 8k resonance peak according to crin’s technique.

I like them too :) Really enjoying both N3 and **** at the moment.

May 24, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #23,805 of 33,689
I also like the N3. I especially like it with the Zishan Z3. The balance is just better with that player. I think it’s the slightly higher output that pushes the piezo (could be talking out my a**) but the **** is also a monster out of that (the player not my a**).

Yea I have also found it needs power to not only push the piezo, but also to bring a little thump to the low end. Out of the balanced out of my Cayin N5 it sounds its best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back