Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 24, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #23,776 of 33,689
It's not a Chinese brand, so maybe a bit off topic for the thread, but DoubleTap R2 have mmcx connectors and have a barrel shape design that can be worn straight down. I think they're a bit more stable wearing them cable up over the ear, but they can be worn cable down with no issue as well (I'm doing so right now just to re-verify to myself that is actually true).

I bought the minimal package that only ships with the earphone shells (no cable or bluetooth adapter) and paired them with a copper mmcx cable I already had. I believe the stock cable has ear hooks designed to be worn over the ear. So if you were potentially interested in these, you'd want to go the same route to buy just the earphones and pair them with a cable that can be worn down.

@B9Scrambler reviewed them: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/double-tap-audio-r2.23703/reviews - I like them a lot and they've been in heavy rotation since I got them.
Don't know about that macho aesthetic spin in the review, looks more like weird suicide/headshot aesthetic :D

May 24, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #23,777 of 33,689
Mhhh, this is the third time I see someone calling the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro similar in sound. Now I'd really love to see some transient response measurements of those two IEMs and I'd be very surprised if the latter pair came out as more clean and coherent.
+1 That's why I am hesitating to hit the "buy" button...:point_down::persevere:
buy button.jpgdont-buy.gif
:point_right: Or, just hit the "panic" button! :confounded:panic-button.png

May 24, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #23,778 of 33,689
Save Your money for something better and jump out of that "OMG-another-new-KZ" addiction :wink:

May 24, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #23,779 of 33,689
Save Your money for something better and jump out of that "OMG-another-new-KZ" addiction :wink:
Yea I never felt KZ is a worthy buy nowadays, especially with the influx of great picks.

May 24, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #23,782 of 33,689
I was chatting with Jim from NICEHCK about the tuning of the F3, I have a great news and measurements, result of my suggestions, Jim is such a cool guy, he was taking the criticism the best way possible, he wants to make them better and he will, I send the measurements yesterday to @Wiljen to give me his opinion
Will post them later after work but I can say now, expect a giant killer at 200$ price mark, earphone that will drag your er4 into deep water and drawn them quickly

May 24, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #23,783 of 33,689
I was chatting with Jim from NICEHCK about the tuning of the F3, I have a great news and measurements, result of my suggestions, Jim is such a cool guy, he was taking the criticism the best way possible, he wants to make them better and he will, I send the measurements yesterday to @Wiljen to give me his opinion
Will post them later after work but I can say now, expect a giant killer at 200$ price mark, earphone that will drag your er4 into deep water and drawn them quickly
It's worth looking forward to but much too early to be making fantastical claims IMO.

May 24, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #23,785 of 33,689
does anyone here have the dunu titan 1 (fiio ex1) I am interested in this iem since its open back... is it worth to get this iem what you guys think ?

it has a good wide soundstage among the IEMs, but if you can do earbuds form, there are lots of them that can surpass the EX1 easily.

May 24, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #23,786 of 33,689
Looking at the plot that @FastAndClean sent over, that tuning would correct the single biggest flaw in the F3 which is the 5k spike that makes it too fatiguing for long listening sessions for me. I will say the resolution of the F3 is off the charts in the $200 range so if they can make the tuning a near neutral, they should have a winner. I'll be excited to get a version 2 model to compare side by side.

May 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #23,789 of 33,689
The current version is already more technical than er4s

Looking at the plot that @FastAndClean sent over, that tuning would correct the single biggest flaw in the F3 which is the 5k spike that makes it too fatiguing for long listening sessions for me. I will say the resolution of the F3 is off the charts in the $200 range so if they can make the tuning a near neutral, they should have a winner. I'll be excited to get a version 2 model to compare side by side.
I'm sure at least one of you understands that "fixing" any dissonant peaks is a double-edged sword. If they lower the offensive 5 kHz peak it will hopefully make the sound less fatiguing but at the same time, some of the amazing resolution that you're so excited about will be lost in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Chi-Fi fan and hope that they can make an incredible MK2 but throwing around terms like "giant killer" at this stage is rather silly.

May 24, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #23,790 of 33,689
Lets hope the best!
Also, I hope they ditch the shiny "plating" and do "brushed" or matte dark-silver looks.
Don`t know about calibration accuracy but that graph looks pretty "same" as KPE.
Here`s another one but "peaks" are located little differently:
NiceHCK_N3_FR.jpg

jTI4dPcl.jpg

10276198.jpg

With KPE, those peaks are little more shifted to right and roll-off in highs starts later, with smaller dip, to my eyes.

Anyway, graphs of N3 look quite promising but reading the reviews - different story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back