Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 21, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #23,716 of 33,689
Received my TIN AUDIO T3 alongside with the ZS10Pro yesterday for review purposes.

Didn't expect i would like the T3 so much as i like slamming bass and emphasized sub bass.
Here i found a very linear IEM with a good and precise bass response.
Gonna make a review these days.

The ZS10 PRO then.. i do not have the old ZS10 but i can say they're a very energetic pair of IEMs and worth the price imho.
I feel they're a more energetic and technical version of the ZSN PRO with thicker mids and more resolving sound.
Gonna make a review these days as well.
What can i say at first impact is that midbass has a strong hump and kicks in dubstep slam very hard. I really like this. They're even extremely loud.
What tips are you using with your T3? Every tip I've tried has extremely rolled off subbass.

May 21, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #23,717 of 33,689
It may be "brain burn-in," but I perceive the midbass on my set (with about 50 hrs on them) has tightened up a noticeable degree. Very balanced, natural sound at this point. I agree they nailed it with these. The sound is so good for $50USD.

I hope that they will release an special edition for these just like with Hibiki. With little tweaking these could go well above their current price range.

May 21, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #23,719 of 33,689
Already had some hope that KZ did something different and great... close, but still not there? Hmmm... saw some graphs about ZS10 Pro and while I could tame 5-7kHz with little mod, mid-bass is not really appealing by graphs and impressions. Seems like T2 or T3 are better picks for money?
T3 are technically better and much more linear. ZS10 PROs have a strong hump on the bass/mid-bass but that seriously does not ruin the midrange. Anyway, i feel this is again a V-shaped sound which does not add anything seriously "new" to KZ's lineup. The midrange is in any case thicker and more forward than the ZS6 to be fair. I feel it more upfront and i like the bass slam the ZS10 PROs provide. Anyway, highs are brilliant, this has to be said, sure not at ZS6's level. I would say the ZS6s have a bigger stage, more recessed mids and more peaky's high end, while the ZS10 PROs have a similar timbre while being bright but not peaky, with a less extended sub-bass and a narrower stage (maybe due to a more forward midrange).
I feel the ZS10 PROs are similar to the ZSN PROs in terms of dynamic and timbre, but feel a more refined version even a bit more precise than the old but good zs6.
In any case, the T3 are technically better, more linear and less aggressive along the spectrum.

+1 for the T3. So musical
Yea, the T3 is a real surprise.

What tips are you using with your T3? Every tip I've tried has extremely rolled off subbass.
Sub-bass have roll-off but didn't expect sub-bass could be deep as i feel. It doesn't make all "rumble" like i'm used to with my ZS7, but it's there when needed without being overwheilming. I'm using the stock silicon tips which are black with the colored tube. The Medium size of the ones that are really sony-like ones, i do not know how to explain it. Not using foam tips at all atm, i do not like the bass with foam ones.

May 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #23,720 of 33,689
I hope that they will release an special edition for these just like with Hibiki. With little tweaking these could go well above their current price range.

Looks like they snuck out a "pro" version on Penon, which I think just has an upgraded cable... not sure.

5-80x80.jpg

May 21, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #23,721 of 33,689
Looks like they snuck out a "pro" version on Penon, which I think just has an upgraded cable... not sure.

I’m kinda surprised they didn’t go with an mmcx for the “Pro” version. That fixed cable looks awfully thin and fragile.

May 22, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #23,722 of 33,689
T3 are technically better and much more linear. ZS10 PROs have a strong hump on the bass/mid-bass but that seriously does not ruin the midrange. Anyway, i feel this is again a V-shaped sound which does not add anything seriously "new" to KZ's lineup. The midrange is in any case thicker and more forward than the ZS6 to be fair. I feel it more upfront and i like the bass slam the ZS10 PROs provide. Anyway, highs are brilliant, this has to be said, sure not at ZS6's level. I would say the ZS6s have a bigger stage, more recessed mids and more peaky's high end, while the ZS10 PROs have a similar timbre while being bright but not peaky, with a less extended sub-bass and a narrower stage (maybe due to a more forward midrange).
I feel the ZS10 PROs are similar to the ZSN PROs in terms of dynamic and timbre, but feel a more refined version even a bit more precise than the old but good zs6.
In any case, the T3 are technically better, more linear and less aggressive along the spectrum.
So, nothing new from KZ, same "upgrade" as always. I suspect ZS10Pro price will also fall down soon. Maybe @ 25-30$ they would sell great but those who wish jump from KZ would still choose TinHifi.

May 22, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #23,723 of 33,689
So, nothing new from KZ, same "upgrade" as always. I suspect ZS10Pro price will also fall down soon. Maybe @ 25-30$ they would sell great but those who wish jump from KZ would still choose TinHifi.

Still listening to them. Tried to make A/B comparison but that's difficult then i swapped them many times from the same source.

Sub bass is more pronounced on the ZS10 PRO and bass/midbass as well. Mids are more recessed on the ZS10 PRO. T3 mids are great and more detailed. Upper mids has a slight boost on the T3 and even does the ZS10 pro but less. Lower treble is ok in both. Upper treble has more sparkle on the t3 being a tad more brilliant.
Soundstage is similar with better instrument separation, width and depth on the T3.
Signature has a colder approach on the T3 while the ZS10 PROs tend to be warmer.

Between the 2.. i cannot choose. The T3 are technically great. The ZS10 PRO have a bump in the bass and midbass that can even be annoying for someone but for some reason i like it. It's like a boosted ZSN PRO's low-end (they're similar in terms of sound). Highs are great on the ZS10 PRO, less fatiguing than on the ZSN PRO while the T3 has a bit more emphasis but in a good way, showing more air and sparkle.

I'm really undecided which one i would choose between these two, but if you already have something like the KZ ZS7 i would pass the ZS10 PRO and pick T3 instead.
The ZS10 PRO are similar to the zs7 to my ears, with the ZS7 having a more pronounced roll off in the highs, a bigger soundstage and better imaging (and even better sub-bass in my opinion)

Sorry if i've put so many iems but these are not easy to describe, the ZS10 PROs are a mix of good things, i would call them an upgrade from some of their sisters, but not sure if that's a product that brings something VERY new.

PSSSSSA JUST A LITTLE THING
When i listen to Sia i tend to prefer the ZS10 Pro for more warmth.. the t3 sounds a bit coldish with her voice :D

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #23,724 of 33,689
I'm really undecided which one i would choose between these two (ZS10 Pro/ZSN Pro), but if you already have something like the KZ ZS7 i would pass the ZS10 PRO and pick T3 instead.
So there you have it folks! Second and third hand opinions wanted! Post 'em! :wink:

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #23,725 of 33,689
The ZS10 PRO have a bump in the bass and midbass that can even be annoying for someone but for some reason i like it. It's like a boosted ZSN PRO's low-end (they're similar in terms of sound). Highs are great on the ZS10 PRO, less fatiguing than on the ZSN PRO while the T3 has a bit more emphasis but in a good way, showing more air and sparkle.
Mhhh, this is the third time I see someone calling the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro similar in sound. Now I'd really love to see some transient response measurements of those two IEMs and I'd be very surprised if the latter pair came out as more clean and coherent.

May 22, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #23,726 of 33,689
May 22, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #23,727 of 33,689
Mhhh, this is the third time I see someone calling the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro similar in sound. Now I'd really love to see some transient response measurements of those two IEMs and I'd be very surprised if the latter pair came out as more clean and coherent.
ZSN%2BPro%2Bvs%2BZS10%2BPro.jpg

IMHO, both need taming from 1.5 to 5kHz (especially 2.3 & 4.5kHz peaks) as that area is overly boosted relative to bass/lower mids area. Also, mid-bass is overly boosted by graphs imo.
So, why pay more for ZS10 Pro is questionable! Typical KZ - rolling out new and new IEMs without "serious" progress and just hoarding money from ppl.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #23,728 of 33,689
I found this guy having some impressions similar compared to mine. He also put a graph on the reddit thread.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ngf1/kz_zs10_pro_and_kz_zsn_pro_quick_review/
Pretty amusing read, thx for the link.

ZSN%2BPro%2Bvs%2BZS10%2BPro.jpg

IMHO, both need taming from 1.5 to 5kHz (especially 2.3 & 4.5kHz peaks) as that area is overly boosted relative to bass/lower mids area. Also, mid-bass is overly boosted by graphs imo.
So, why pay more for ZS10 Pro is questionable!
I don't own the ZS10 Pro but the ZSN, ZSN Pro and about 10 more KZ IEMs with some more on the way and get your point (I still have the 10Pro in my AE cart though).
I googled up some images of the inner life of the 10 Pros and again there's no sign of any proper acoustic tuning of those 4 BAs. Like usual the 30095 sits fairly close to the nozzle and the other 3 BAs wherever they seem to fit best. Now, a good number of folks here seem to like the 10 Pros quite a bit but to me this looks more like yet another 'happy accident'.
Again, being a sucker for clean and coherent transient responses (> timing, spatial accuracy, ...) I'd be very surprised if the 10 Pros beat the 2-driver ZSN /Pro (or any other 2 driver KZ model or even the ZS6/7) in that department.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #23,729 of 33,689
when measured bqeyz kc2, noticed that signal and ground pins are polar inverted respect KZs (both sides); i.e., while sign signal goes down (extreme hole of the shell) at kz, it goes up (interior hole) at bqeyz. guess bk100 is like kc2.
as both sides have same polarization, they won't be out of phase, and sound won't be affected. but being purist, i prefer right polarization, not inverted.
if you get curved 2pins plug, there is no way to set the right polarization without resoldering. if you get straight 2pins plug with ear guides, you can remove or remold the ear guides. you can mark the pins to identify them, if they aren't marked.

So technically, straight 2 pin cables should just work fine ootb, right? I'm fine with ear guides/hooks. That means ZS4/ZS5 cable should be fine and AS10/BA10 cable need resoldering. It seems there's no pink cable in ZS4 style pin. Are there any other good alternatives you can recommend for a cable with mic. It'd be really helpful. Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #23,730 of 33,689
So technically, straight 2 pin cables should just work fine ootb, right? I'm fine with ear guides/hooks. That means ZS4/ZS5 cable should be fine and AS10/BA10 cable need resoldering. It seems there's no pink cable in ZS4 style pin. Are there any other good alternatives you can recommend for a cable with mic. It'd be really helpful. Thanks

What IEM are you trying to get a cable for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back