Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 22, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #23,732 of 33,689
So technically, straight 2 pin cables should just work fine ootb, right? I'm fine with ear guides/hooks. That means ZS4/ZS5 cable should be fine and AS10/BA10 cable need resoldering. It seems there's no pink cable in ZS4 style pin. Are there any other good alternatives you can recommend for a cable with mic. It'd be really helpful. Thanks
the issue with pin polarization only affected to zsn (c-type) versions of jcally cables (which are thought for qdc and bqeyz polarization style, but also work for kz, not out of phase).
the rest of 2pins jcally cables use kz polarization; these are straight and have protruding 2pins plug, so perfectly suitable for zs4, but also zs5,as10,ba10.., without removing nor remolding ear guides, nor resoldering plugs.
about mic cables.. there are very few decent models with mic, unfortunately. i haven't got any link of good mic cables ended with protruding 2pins plugs now

May 22, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #23,733 of 33,689
May 22, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #23,734 of 33,689
the issue with pin polarization only affected to zsn (c-type) versions of jcally cables (which are thought for qdc and bqeyz polarization style, but also work for kz, not out of phase).
the rest of 2pins jcally cables use kz polarization; these are straight and have protruding 2pins plug, so perfectly suitable for zs4, but also zs5,as10,ba10.., without removing nor remolding ear guides, nor resoldering plugs.
about mic cables.. there are very few decent models with mic, unfortunately. i haven't got any link of good mic cables ended with protruding 2pins plugs now

Okay. Thanks for your help. Will keep the search on. Or get a new IEM for my traveling needs :)

May 22, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #23,735 of 33,689
KB100 as I'm struggling for comfort with stock cable.

The ear guides can be removed if that’s what’s bothering you about the stock cable. It’s not difficult; you just have to be careful.

May 22, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #23,736 of 33,689
The ear guides can be removed if that’s what’s bothering you about the stock cable. It’s not difficult; you just have to be careful.

I know but I'm clumsy with delicate stuff thus didn't want to take any risks. Will give it a shot. Thanks Slater

May 22, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #23,737 of 33,689
Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #23,738 of 33,689
May 22, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #23,739 of 33,689
Mhhh, this is the third time I see someone calling the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro similar in sound. Now I'd really love to see some transient response measurements of those two IEMs and I'd be very surprised if the latter pair came out as more clean and coherent.
Here are the measurements from my review comparing the ZS10 Pro and ZSN Pro. They are almost identical.

KZ-ZS10-Pro-vs-KZ-ZSN-Pro.jpg

May 22, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #23,740 of 33,689
It will be similar to this guide I wrote, the main difference being there won’t be a metal wire in the BQEYZ cable.

https://www.audioreviews.org/removing-memory-wire/

That's another great help for many, Slater; keep it up! Just a note of caution, when I tried to remove the last shreds of the remaining sleeve from my latest KZ cable (the infamous flat, braided, silver plated 8 core version) I accidentally ripped one of the 4 cores of that side. On closer inspection I found some glue residues that I haven't noticed in that part of the connector before, neither on the other side of that cable nor my older one. Just sayin' ...

May 22, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #23,742 of 33,689
That's another great help for many, Slater; keep it up! Just a note of caution, when I tried to remove the last shreds of the remaining sleeve from my latest KZ cable (the infamous flat, braided, silver plated 8 core version) I accidentally ripped one of the 4 cores of that side. On closer inspection I found some glue residues that I haven't noticed in that part of the connector before, neither on the other side of that cable nor my older one. Just sayin' ...

Noted! Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check it out on the next one I do, and see if there’s glue.

Way back, I used to just nip the memory wire off as close to the plug as possible with wire nips. But as you can imagine, that can be risky because you can nip an actual cable wire too which would be bad. That’s when I just started pulling the memory wires out, and I’ve done it that way ever since. But I’ll definitely keep my eyes out, because perhaps KZ has changed the way they manufacture the cables.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #23,743 of 33,689
Here are the measurements from my review comparing the ZS10 Pro and ZSN Pro. They are almost identical.

Your graph and AntDroid's graph are very similar.

10282230.jpg

Though the graph readout for the IEMs is very similar the 10Pro is definitely a more refined listen. The NPro has an emphasis in the upper midrange that comes across a bit thin and the 10Pro has a bit more emphasis in the lower frequencies.

I've been listening to my entire collection of the TimeLife Singers & Songwriters series and the NPro really shines with the recordings.

(Don McLean, Cat Stevens, Al Stewart, America, Bread, Fleetwood Mac, etc)

Didn't expect to enjoy the upper midrange emphasis but I do.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #23,744 of 33,689

I have to say, measurements show they're nearly identical in terms of curve.. that being said, i have both as well and the ZS10 Pro is on another league imho.
They share the same mids imho, with the ZS10 being more detailed and thick. The highs are way less fatiguing on the ZS10 Pro being less artificial in retrieving details.
Bass is more emphasized on the ZS10 Pro and sub-bass is just a tad more extended with a little bit higher volume and rumble.
Imaging and instrument separation, and even soundstage, are a better on the ZS10 Pro.
The ZS10 Pro are more accurate and refined, that's my 2$.

May 22, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #23,745 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back