Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #23,311 of 33,689
Sorry, i thought i had edited my profile info but it didn't take.

I like rock, pink floyd, nirvana. Quite like a little scoop on eq profile, but only a little. Was thinking, provided quality is not deminished by eqing in v20, i could get a flat profile and eq to taste. But tbh price vs quality ratio is more important.

Given whats been said on anc already lets forget that idea (might get a secondhand pair of boss qc20 later) and just aim for good pnc/isolation and quality vs value.

Thanks

I’m sure others will chime in with some good rec’s, but here’s some food for thought.

IEMs with solid resin shells will provide excellent isolation.

The upcoming TRN X6 is supposed to have reference tuning (which you can EQ). Or the TRN IM1, which has been out for a while, might be a consideration.

Magaosi has numerous solid resin models (I have the K5, which sounds excellent). They also have the X3 and K6 (which I don’t have but they are supposed to be even better than the K5).

And of course there’s the always budget king choice of KZ ZS4 (which I own) and ZS3E. They isolate as well as earplugs. They’re v shaped, but again you could EQ them to taste

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #23,312 of 33,689
So you prefer IM1 to V80. That says something. What makes it better, for you?
I like the shell shape and look, the sound signature is very nice to my ears

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #23,313 of 33,689
I’m sure others will chime in with some good rec’s, but here’s some food for thought.

IEMs with solid resin shells will provide excellent isolation.

The upcoming TRN X6 is supposed to have reference tuning (which you can EQ). Or the TRN IM1, which has been out for a while, might be a consideration.

Magaosi has numerous solid resin models (I have the K5, which sounds excellent). They also have the X3 and K6 (which I don’t have but they are supposed to be even better than the K5).

And of course there’s the always budget king choice of KZ ZS4 (which I own) and ZS3E. They isolate as well as earplugs. They’re v shaped, but again you could EQ them to taste

Thanks, some contenders here, trying to stay below £50 if poss

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #23,315 of 33,689
Thanks, some contenders here, trying to stay below £50 if poss
Depending on your sound signature preferences, the shell used for the AS10, AS06 provides excellent isolation. To my ears, the isolation was on par with the ZS4 / Zs4 shell. On a personal level, the CCA C10 sounded better to me than the AS06. So I would recommend that instead for sound quality. But in terms of isolation, its not as good as the AS20/AS06/C16 shell.

Both the C10 and AS10 can be found for under US$50/- on Aliexpress. The C10 being cheaper. But it will boild down to what you prefer. I have the AS10 (and C16 which uses the same shell too) and tried a friend's C10. I liked the AS10 better, he liked the C10 better.

Both are fairly easy to drive with handphones. The AS10 being slightly easier at that. But not by a lot.

Addendum Edit:

It was pointed out that the C10 and AS10 do not share the same shell. The C10 shares the shell with the ZSN. I have corrected that above. Hope I didn't cause any confusion as there were a few very similarly shelled earphones at the "sharing" session with some friends. I own the AS10 and C16, not the C10 nor AS06.

Hope this addendum clears things up and prevents any confusion.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #23,316 of 33,689
Thanks for the recommendations, I did state all info in an earlier post, but to keep it clear as possible I have now added the profile info to my footer signature

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #23,317 of 33,689
I always said to myself that when I hit a 1000 I'd treat myself to something good. I've wired it down to two; Moondrop Kanas Pro Edition or BGVP DM6. Leaning towards the KPE as they look cool :) Budget £100-180.
Anyone?
Depends on Your hearing sensitivity - If You are sensitive to 6-8kHz, then go with KPE, it not so much, go with DM6.

Apr 30, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #23,321 of 33,689
So you prefer IM1 to V80. That says something. What makes it better, for you?

I have both as well and the treble is so much nicer on the IM1. They are definitely more comfortable than the V80. I still listen to the V80 sometimes but the IM1's are solid in the rotation as my Bluetooth IEMs.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #23,324 of 33,689
Oh hello, fellow Calgarian! I'll gladly buy some of your unused collections if you don't need them. I just started this hobby last December, and now I think I'm falling too deep into the rabbit hole HA HA HA (rip wallet)

Sounds like a CanJam Calgary meet with @Otto Motor brewing!
I am not selling anything, be it earphones or my soul. But I may give a bunch away once I have accumulated it. Right now, I only have some of my own old earphones and they are not worth the bus ticket to pick them up.

And currently, I am busy with ridiculing the meaninglessness of meaninglessness.
The Simgot EM2 earphone's box's wrapper.
wrapper.jpg

Did you know that Slater was an emerging Audio Adult Star? You can check it out...below...:expressionless:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #23,325 of 33,689
I am not selling anything, be it earphones or my soul. But I may give a bunch away once I have accumulated it. Right now, I only have some of my own old earphones and they are not worth the bus ticket to pick them up.

The meets aren’t to sell stuff. They’re for like minded people to hang out, put names to faces, check out one another’s gear, talk about mods, etc. There were no booths, no banners, no raffles, and no snack bars.

At the 2016 Ohio meet, the only thing people were selling were handshakes (which cost 1 smile per handshake).

It’s like the HeadFi board we all hang out on, except in real life. You don’t have to describe gear in words, you can experience it for yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back