Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #20,461 of 33,689
This is the part I am never able to understand. How can it be the same signature and yet different enough to have more details and sound stage. Would that not be a change to the signature? I think I would be unable to answer a question like that, no matter how many iems I have.
Yes, it works. A good example is the Brainwavz B100 vs. the Brainwavz B200 v1. Both even look identical and cannot be optically distinguished. The B100 sports a single, hard working driver and the B200 has a couple of lazier ones that share the work.

Both have the same basic flavour based on a fast attacking and fast decaying (=dry) bass. But the B200 resolves better, has a rounder low end and more sheen in the midrange. When you look at the graphs - I know you prefer not pushing the spoiler button - you'll see the similarities. In fact, they are almost identical. The kicker is that most would guess the bigger spike in the upper midrange belonged to the livelier sounding B200 - but it belongs to the B100.

BW100_200-2.jpg

This tells us that the FR graphs don't give any qualitative information (soundstage, detail etc.) and that two earphones with very similar frequency responses can grossly differ in their sound qualities.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #20,463 of 33,689
Just recently learned about Chi-fi and it's quite fascinating. Are there any chi-fi IEM's that are <500 that can match up to any TOTL IEM or come close in terms of tonality, detail retrieval, or sonic refinement?
Dont know if you can term them Chi-fi but the best $500+ i have spent is on the NCM NC5v2 undoubtedly.

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #20,467 of 33,689
Just imagine the same housing with Knowles armatures instead of cheap Chinese ones and let's say beryllium dynamics. Wouldn't such an IEM sound more detailed and wider scene preserving flat sound signature?

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #20,468 of 33,689
I hope so too, lets see when i get them. So tips comes with it are of no use?
Weren't of much use to me though there are a few comply ones.

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #20,471 of 33,689
Any VJJB K4/K4S owners here? I ordered them yesterday. Can someone possibly describe their sound?

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #20,472 of 33,689
Any VJJB K4/K4S owners here? I ordered them yesterday. Can someone possibly describe their sound?
V-shaped with a very healthy to thumping low end and overall surprisingly homogeneous without being offensive (no harshness or pierce). Looks, feels, and sounds as if it came from the Antiques Road Show. The well-made earpieces are reminiscent of Montblanc fountain pens. I use it for AC/DC etc. as it brings out the rhythm guitars well and is not fatiguing. Voices are quite nicely rendered albeit a bit recessed.

Superseded by cheap hybrids such as the KZ ZSN or ZS4. I think I have to take them out for a spin.

How much did you pay?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #20,473 of 33,689
V-shaped with a very healthy to thumping low end and overall a bit veiled without being offensive (no harshness or pierce). Looks, feels, and sounds as if it came from the Antiques Road Show. The well-made earpieces are reminiscent of Montblanc fountain pens. I use it for AC/DC etc. as it brings out the rhythm guitars well and is not fatiguing.

Superseded by cheap hybrids such as the KZ ZSN or ZS4. I think I have to take them out for a spin.

How much did you pay?

So its a warm/dark-tilted signature?

24€, i think its a fair deal. I just want an IEM that can deliver reasonable amounts of bass, none of my current in-ears cant really do that. Tell me your impressions after you have gave them a listen!

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #20,474 of 33,689
So its a warm/dark-tilted signature?

24€, i think its a fair deal. I just want an IEM that can deliver reasonable amounts of bass, none of my current in-ears cant really do that. Tell me your impressions after you have gave them a listen!
Actually, I had to correct myself above after listening. The sub-bass is impressive, the overall sound is quite cohesive with a well-rounded image. Voices have a natural timbre and are a bit thin/distant in comparison to the more expensive hybrids. And they are really nice to handle...great materials. I got the ebony.

And yes, they are slightly warm because of the bass but not particularly dark.

These are good earphones. You will like them.

P.S. I use wide-bore tips to brighten them up a bit.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #20,475 of 33,689
Actually, I had to correct myself above after listening. The sub-bass is impressive, the overall sound is quite cohesive with a well-rounded image. Voices have a natural timbre and are a bit thin/distant in comparison to the more expensive hybrids. And the are really nice to handle...great materials. I got the ebony.

And yes, they are slightly warm because of the bass but not particularly dark.

These are good earphones. You will like them.

P.S. I use wide-bore tips to brighten them up a bit.

Ok, thanks. I ordered the ebony as well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back