Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #20,446 of 33,689
Yes BQEYZ is the new star and my fav is KB100.

My only BQEYZ is the KB100. It fits me perfectly and sounds great.

At the moment though I am listening with my Black Friday mystery iem and it too is sounding great. Listening to Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. Black Coffee.... with a powerful little DAP.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #20,447 of 33,689
This is third time I am asking this question. What chi-fi has similar sound signature to BQEYZ KC2 though improved details and scene?

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #20,448 of 33,689

At the moment though I am listening with my Black Friday mystery iem and it too is sounding great. Listening to Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. Black Coffee.... with a powerful little DAP.

My BF Nicehck mystery IEM has been in the country for 8 days now...not sure what's going on. Glad someone likes it as it hasn't really received much praise. Also, don't like how they look.
A bit worried honestly, as I could have had the KZ AS10 for not much more, or a KZ ZS6 for the same price.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #20,449 of 33,689
This is third time I am asking this question. What chi-fi has similar sound signature to BQEYZ KC2 though improved details and scene?

I think the reason you have not had an answer so far, is because this type of question is very difficult to answer.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #20,450 of 33,689
My BF Nicehck mystery IEM has been in the country for 8 days now...not sure what's going on. Glad someone likes it as it hasn't really received much praise. Also, don't like how they look.
A bit worried honestly, as I could have had the KZ AS10 for not much more, or a KZ ZS6 for the same price.

Don't worry... once you have decided on the best tips for you with it, I think you will be happy.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #20,451 of 33,689

I think the Nicehck P3 is good but not great on an iPhone as a source. Does it need a dac?

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #20,452 of 33,689
I think the Nicehck P3 is good but not great on an iPhone as a source. Does it need a dac?

I have never used a phone as a source. A dac with not give you more power. Did you mean to say an amp to stack with your phone? Or, maybe a dedicated DAP? It is not hard to drive.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #20,453 of 33,689
I have never used a phone as a source. A dac with not give you more power. Did you mean to say an amp to stack with your phone? Or, maybe a dedicated DAP? It is not hard to drive.
I did actually. Wow. :p

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #20,455 of 33,689
Does anyone else think that the BQEYZ KC2 sound kind of fizzy when it comes to vocals? Especially on tracks that could have / should have made use of an de-esser? Kind of metallic sounding that is. I really try to like them and was looking forward to finally getting them delivered but i find myself not enjoying them as much as i thought i would.

i had really high hopes thinking i'd get something really neutral sounding and i don't think they are tuned neutral and therefore don't sound natural too. i do know that i should not expect them to sound like my focals but i was certainly hoping for more. I love the look and quality appeal though. I can't be the only one who is kind of disappointed with them, or am i? :unamused:

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #20,457 of 33,689

Keep in mind people aren’t ignoring you, but rather not a lot of people have the KC2, and even fewer than those people would have gear that’s a significant step up from the KC2.

It’s like asking who has a yellow 2012 Corvette, and what lime green sports cars would be a step up? Your audience is a fraction of a % of an already small group of people.

I would specifically PM @Otto Motor and @Wiljen, as they both have not only the KC2 but a number of ‘better’ IEMs as well. Whether they have anything that matches the KC2 signature (but is also a step up) is only a question they’d be able to answer.

I have the K2 not KC2, otherwise I’d try to answer your question.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #20,458 of 33,689
anything that matches the KC2 signature (but is also a step up) is only a question they’d be able to answer.

This is the part I am never able to understand. How can it be the same signature and yet different enough to have more details and sound stage. Would that not be a change to the signature? I think I would be unable to answer a question like that, no matter how many iems I have.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #20,459 of 33,689
This is the part I am never able to understand. How can it be the same signature and yet different enough to have more details and sound stage. Would that not be a change to the signature? I think I would be unable to answer a question like that, no matter how many iems I have.

Yes good point.

When people ask that type of question, I assume their intention is ‘what would a better version of X or Y with roughly the same sound signature (ie proportions of each frequency)?’

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #20,460 of 33,689
My answer is: I don't know. Not many people have the KC2 and those who do may not have a similar but better one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back