Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 9, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #20,491 of 33,689
Nope, the nicehck b10 and the hifihear f30 are totally different.

The HifiHear F30 is quite the same as the BGVP DS1 (which i don't own but curious to try) and similar to KZ ZST and NiceHCK Bro.

Apologies I thought you were referring to the nicehck p3 from the black Friday deal which looks VERY similar to the BGVP DS1 albeit in a different colour.

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #20,492 of 33,689
Apologies I thought you were referring to the nicehck p3 from the black Friday deal which looks VERY similar to the BGVP DS1 albeit in a different colour.

Shell and driver configuration is the same too. Didn't know the p3 but every of them seems having the same config.

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #20,493 of 33,689
...I rly wanna like the es4 but the bass is too unbearable. Anyone kno how I can tame the bass?...

Perhaps a lesser seal could help, but that's also likely to boost treble somewhat.
Maybe something like the Comply tips with what they call WaxGuard could help with the treble just a tiny bit then, if necessary, but they usually seal almost too well, unless I go with one size smaller than what I usually use.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #20,494 of 33,689
So I've been listening to the DM6 a bit more and it's very tip dependent. I want getting a good deal before so now it sounds a lot better. Treble is nice with a bit if sparkle and the bass hits very tight and clean. I am still a bit partial to the lower midrange though. Does anyone have any suggestions on an iem with a more forward midrange without sacrificing coherence or detail retrieval.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #20,495 of 33,689
My BF Nicehck mystery IEM has been in the country for 8 days now...not sure what's going on. Glad someone likes it as it hasn't really received much praise. Also, don't like how they look.
A bit worried honestly, as I could have had the KZ AS10 for not much more, or a KZ ZS6 for the same price.

5 days and don't move of my airport...

Zs6 can be replaced by KC2 for me. The treble is very to high now I have lot of reference...KC2 is better than zs6 I think.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #20,496 of 33,689
I absolutely loved my K4. I got it during 11/11 a few years ago. I recently gave them to my brother because they had been gathering dust and I didn't have the time to appreciate them.

I agree. I have always loved my K4. They are beautiful to look at, and they sound really good. Mine are the reddish color ones (rosewood or cherry perhaps).

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #20,497 of 33,689
What are the top Chi-Fi models above 100$ that provide KZ ZS3/4 level of isolation and better sound quality? My preferred signature is Harman, maybe with even more of a bass boost and high treble doesn't have to recede as quickly as it does in Harman graphs. Though the signature is secondary, since I'm used to equalizing everything. The sound characteristics unrelated to signature must be better than <50$ Chi-Fi.

I'm looking for the same thing. I really like the ZS4's isolation and comfort. One of my favorites for blocking out outside noise. Hoping that this model is upgraded with improved sound some day.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #20,498 of 33,689
Jus got some new toys: EZAudio d4, kz es4 n tfz series 2. The d4 n series 2 are both very enjoyable. I rly wanna like the es4 but the bass is too unbearable. Anyone kno how I can tame the bass?

Also for benjie t6 owners; are u guys running stock firmware or RockBox?

I found the KZ whirlwind wide bore tips work well to tame the bass and help keep the bass from bleeding into the mids.

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #20,499 of 33,689
How can you tell? Have you tried flipping the cable to see if you are correct?
Well i meant to say because of a failed BA the resultant sound seems phased out though not phased out. Just got a bad pair.
Have had some issues with the A15 too so not new for me.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #20,501 of 33,689
Can anyone explain 2 pin cables, which is the ground? I just got Trn bt20 and not sure which is the ground.

Just line up the "L" written on the cable with the "L" written on your IEM, and the "R" written on the cable with the "R" written on your IEM.

Like this:

Line Cable Up - Edited.jpg

Unless of course there are no markings on either...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #20,502 of 33,689
@HungryPanda what tips do you use with your whizzer? Ootb my whizzer have great soundstage and resolution but I feel the vocals sound a bit recessed and thin especially when compared to the oriolus finschi or ostry kc07. Kc07 is easily the best vocal iem I have ever listened to because it has very good power and expressiveness which really is great for male vocals and no iem I have listened to can match this. However, it's got bad a small soundstage off my phone which kind of ruins it.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #20,503 of 33,689
Just line up the "L" written on the cable with the "L" written on your IEM, and the "R" written on the cable with the "R" written on your IEM.

Like this:

Unless of course there are no markings on either...

By that picture is the ground at the top or bottom? Is it standardized or they can switch it all they want?

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #20,504 of 33,689
BQEYZ are the rising stars in chi-fi in my opinion
Well, someone compared them to IT01 and found them similar - no wonder why BQ3 gets so much attention and praise. IT01 is still selling like hot cakes it seems, though, may slow down due to new IT01S coming on sale. Personally is find KB100 soundwise more ineresting than BQ3 based on reviews but wont get them.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #20,505 of 33,689
I'm looking for the same thing. I really like the ZS4's isolation and comfort. One of my favorites for blocking out outside noise. Hoping that this model is upgraded with improved sound some day.
So, either no one using awesomely isolating high-end Chi-Fi IEMs has also tried ZS3/4, or such IEMs don't exist. I wonder if CIEMs like Moondrop Blessing would work. But it has a vent on the outside, unlike ZS4's single vent on the inside of a curved part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back