Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 13, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #19,756 of 33,689
I think they just changed their mind on what they were going to do with it. A bassier T2 would infringe on the T1's signature. With the three models as they are, TinHiFi is covering three signatures; warm and bassy with the T1, neutral-ish with the T2, and bright with the T2 Pro.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #19,758 of 33,689
Anyone having delays with their orders?
Mine's yet to be processed.
That's huge AliExpress sales in a nutshell. Huge anticipation, huge waiting times. :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #19,759 of 33,689
Hello!
I ordered a pair of BGVP-DMG from Linsoul.com. They had a 20 percent off coupon that brought the total to about 160.

Does anyone have experience with this website? I purchased with PayPal so I am not too worried but I am usually an AliExpress guy.

I have purchased from them before and they have delivered to the US within 3 to 4 weeks. This time the volume of the sales was huge for them, so stuff might get delayed by another 2 weeks. Also they did run out of the transparent black DM6, so if someone ordered that particular color, the wait times will be longer. You can definitely ping them on the status of your order and I have found them to be extremely responsive. They have an excellent reputation as a vendor, so be assured they are legit. I also ordered a DM6 from them and expect them to arrive before Christmas to put under my tree :)

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #19,760 of 33,689
I have purchased from them before and they have delivered to the US within 3 to 4 weeks. This time the volume of the sales was huge for them, so stuff might get delayed by another 2 weeks. Also they did run out of the transparent black DM6, so if someone ordered that particular color, the wait times will be longer. You can definitely ping them on the status of your order and I have found them to be extremely responsive. They have an excellent reputation as a vendor, so be assured they are legit. I also ordered a DM6 from them and expect them to arrive before Christmas to put under my tree :)
Thanks! Ordered the clear DM6 so hopefully I get them in a reasonable time.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #19,761 of 33,689
Are you aware of a tool for macOS ?

Unfortunately not. But if you have any coworkers, friends, or family with a windows computer you can just ask them to do it.

It’s easy to start the test and minimize it and just let it run all night or a day or whatever.

Also, you could always try running the utility from a Windows virtual machine in Parallels (Mac) or Virtual Box (Linux). I’ve never personally done it, but it would be easy enough to try out.

Nov 13, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #19,762 of 33,689
Anyone having delays with their orders?
Mine's yet to be processed.

Welcome to the world of Aliexpress 11.11!

Did you get anything cool?

My advice is to put it out of your mind and think about something else for the next 30-40 days. It will show up when it shows up. That’s what I do. Otherwise, you’ll drive yourself crazy worrying about it haha

Some people can’t handle the wait, because they want everything now now now. I had a spas-o-tron coworker that just couldn’t handle anything over about 3 days of shipping time. For those people, it’s probably best to stick with Amazon Prime (or even overnight shipping).

Aliexpress (and especially 11.11) vs Amazon is a trade off - cheaper prices for longer waiting times.

Unless you live in China. Then shipping will be fast (I imagine).

Nov 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #19,764 of 33,689
Didn't expect to wait this long.
Dear Friend :

Good day !
Thanks for your order.
Because of 11.11, Now there are too many orders , so Moondrop told us that all custom headset orders are subject to late delivery, A8 is 8-12 weeks, Blessing is 4-6 weeks . Could you waiting for it ? If the delivery period is acceptable, we arrange the order.
Ps: Kanas pro and DUNU box are in stock .

Looking forwarder to your reply.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #19,766 of 33,689
Welcome to the world of Aliexpress 11.11!

Did you get anything cool?

My advice is to put it out of your mind and think about something else for the next 30-40 days. It will show up when it shows up. That’s what I do. Otherwise, you’ll drive yourself crazy worrying about it haha

Some people can’t handle the wait, because they want everything now now now. I had a spas-o-tron coworker that just couldn’t handle anything over about 3 days of shipping time. For those people, it’s probably best to stick with Amazon Prime (or even overnight shipping).

Aliexpress (and especially 11.11) vs Amazon is a trade off - cheaper prices for longer waiting times.

Unless you live in China. Then shipping will be fast (I imagine).

Fairly yeah a pair of dm6 and a rather pricey NiceHck copper cable, only as i need a straight connector. Oh and some spinfit tips.
I'm plenty used to ordering from AliExpress app expected delays, just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.
I'll just go into the app and extend the processing time.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #19,767 of 33,689
i ended up succumbing to the hype and buying the d4--we'll see if there's a new <$10 champ. also the bqeyz bq3 (for some reason i couldn't pull the trigger on the dmg, dm6, audbos p4 and moondrop kanas, which i was also targeting).
You will be surprised. I had fixed up the single DD NiceHCK EP35 with a simple copper cable (from the PHB EM-023) and the widest possible rubber tips (from the UE900S) and listened to them in comparison with the D4 and the popular Urbanfun Hifi. The V-shaped Urbs sounded muddy in comparison. I conclude that DDs have come a long way in the last couple of years, too (not only the BA drivers).

As to the cable business: the included fancy-looking "silver" cable makes the EP35 much harder to drive than the simple copper cable - but the copper also gives it a fuller sound with more bottom end. I am at a loss as volume differences stem from impedance differences, but that should not affect the sound at all in a DD. Something must be wrong with the "silver" cable design.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #19,768 of 33,689
That would make sense. After all, the thing that most people found wrong with T2 was that they lacked bass, not lacked treble

To me, they do have more bass, and slightly better treble, but the better treble could be just the tonal balance being set right by the bass.

It really doesn't help that they made them look exactly the same on the outside...
The bass is the same on both models, as is evident in both our individual measurements. Insertion depth is a major factor in the bass response of the T2. The less air that the front port gets, the more the bass is pronounced - hence the "tape mod" that gained some popularity.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #19,769 of 33,689
The bass is the same on both models, as is evident in both our individual measurements. Insertion depth is a major factor in the bass response of the T2. The less air that the front port gets, the more the bass is pronounced - hence the "tape mod" that gained some popularity.

Welp, I didn't review the pair you had, but the one I have in my hands :)

I agree about the tape mod improving bass, but I am not overly comfortable with the idea nor with the small sacrifices it makes in sound. There was something similar going around for Ie8 and IE80, and that was the point I gave up on modding IEMs. I will always do EQ, but no physical modifications.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #19,770 of 33,689
Welp, I didn't review the pair you had, but the one I have in my hands :)

I agree about the tape mod improving bass, but I am not overly comfortable with the idea nor with the small sacrifices it makes in sound. There was something similar going around for Ie8 and IE80, and that was the point I gave up on modding IEMs. I will always do EQ, but no physical modifications.
I wasn't suggesting you do the mod, nor have I done it myself (which is why there is no mod mentioned in my review) - that would make for a pretty poor review IMO. I was just saying that insertion depth alone can change the sound of the T2/T2 Pro which might be why you heard things differently. Regardless, to me, the Pro's tuning and higher price make it a very average IEM.

T2 Pro vs T2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back