Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #19,741 of 33,689
"official" means that they grabbed the name first.

Haha great! Aliexpress should come up with a way to identify official stores, something akin to the verified badge on Twitter.

Anyway, the store has a 99% rating, 7m + followers and plenty of positive reviews. I doubt they are selling fake cards but I will only get to know once I receive mine.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #19,743 of 33,689
Are we going to see an upgrade to T2 anytime soon? I do remember a post about the T3 sometime ago.
I hope so but the T2 Pro has made me feel salty about the brand. It was a lazy attempt at an "upgrade" to keep milking a successful product IMO.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #19,744 of 33,689
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #19,745 of 33,689
The Tin Audio T2 Pro. All that you loved about the original T2, now with added sibilance and a bigger price. Check out the full review on PAR!
https://primeaudio.org/tin-audio-t2-pro-review/

Very interesting indeed. The first few reviews praised the T2 Pro as an upgrade, but subsequent opinions have been more critical - and, as it seems - justifiably so.

What people wanted in the "next T2" was more bass (although also unjustifiably so...bass was just great)...and what they apparently got was more treble. I found the original T2 bright enough.

The T2 Pro are obviously the best argument to buy the original T2 - or appreciate one's "old pair" even more (a notion I also just found in the review).

Thanks, reviewers!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #19,746 of 33,689
My review on Tin Audio T2 and T2 Pro is also live now :)

Review also coming to Head-Fi in a few minutes :)

I had both units at the same time, and I'm pretty much like "If you don't have either, then go for T2Pro"., If you already have T2, I think that T2Pro is better, but the upgrade may feel slightly forced, unless you can sell your current T2 and not lose too much in the process of upgrading :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/11/Tin-T2-T2Pro-Open-Stage.html

Tin-T2-Pro-Earphone-IEM-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Poster.jpg

Tin-T2-Pro-Earphone-IEM-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-05.jpg

Tin-T2-TinT2-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-19.jpg

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #19,748 of 33,689
What's really interesting is that your experience with T2 Pro is pretty much completely different from what I've heard from others so far.

Different ears or different earphones? :)

I've no idea, but I had both T2Pro and T2 at the same time, and this is how the two pairs I had sounded like :)

I tested both on silicone tips BTW, no testing was done with the foam tips since I dislike foam sound in general

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #19,749 of 33,689
Looking at what others have said, I actually found both to be bright and thin, but the Pro version managed to snug in more bass to my ears, and it sounded less diffused, where the original T2 was a tad more diffused (maybe the treble wasn't quite as well defined), which may have sounded less overally defined.

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #19,750 of 33,689
Looking at what others have said, I actually found both to be bright and thin, but the Pro version managed to snug in more bass to my ears, and it sounded less diffused, where the original T2 was a tad more diffused (maybe the treble wasn't quite as well defined), which may have sounded less overally defined.
I have seen measurements that show that the bass is identical between the two.

Update: source of the graph is the antdroid blog.

T2.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #19,752 of 33,689
If I remember correctly, when there was first talk about the T2 Pros, someone from Tin Audio actually wrote somewhere there will only be more bass, nothing more. And then, when they actually appeared, it was more treble which surprised everyone.

Maybe there was some kind of manufacturing error in the first batches and now you've got the "correct" sample, with more bass, who knows...

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #19,753 of 33,689
If I remember correctly, when there was first talk about the T2 Pros, someone from Tin Audio actually wrote somewhere there will only be more bass, nothing more. And then, when they actually appeared, it was more treble which surprised everyone.

Maybe there was some kind of manufacturing error in the first batches and now you've got the "correct" sample, with more bass, who knows...

That would make sense. After all, the thing that most people found wrong with T2 was that they lacked bass, not lacked treble

To me, they do have more bass, and slightly better treble, but the better treble could be just the tonal balance being set right by the bass.

It really doesn't help that they made them look exactly the same on the outside...

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #19,755 of 33,689
Hello!
I ordered a pair of BGVP-DMG from Linsoul.com. They had a 20 percent off coupon that brought the total to about 160.

Does anyone have experience with this website? I purchased with PayPal so I am not too worried but I am usually an AliExpress guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back