Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 15, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #18,076 of 33,689
Tin Audio T2 Pro. Comes out Monday for pre-order on Massdrop. Packaging is the same. Cable 3.5mm barrel is bigger. There are still vents inside and outside. The only noticeable difference is the ear canal screen is now inside at the bottom of the canal and larger holes.

If you look closely, regular T2 has this same cover inside - visible through the mesh on top of the nozzle.

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #18,077 of 33,689
If you look closely, regular T2 has this same cover inside - visible through the mesh on top of the nozzle.

Good catch. Thanks.

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #18,078 of 33,689
Tin Audio T2 Pro. Comes out Monday for pre-order on Massdrop. Packaging is the same. Cable 3.5mm barrel is bigger. There are still vents inside and outside. The only noticeable difference is the ear canal screen is removed.

makes me wonder, if the T2's mesh is removed, will it sound the same to the T2 pro?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #18,079 of 33,689
makes me wonder, if the T2's meah is removed, will it sound the same to the T2 pro?

Those meshes are usually designed to not impact the sound, only to prevent dirt, dust and earwax from entering (thus, I think it's a bad move). From my experience, it wont affect audio.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #18,080 of 33,689
makes me wonder, if the T2's meah is removed, will it sound the same to the T2 pro?

Those meshes are usually designed to not impact the sound, only to prevent dirt, dust and earwax from entering (thus, I think it's a bad move). From my experience, it wont affect audio.

Yea I dont plan on breaking these apart and seeing if they tuned it differently internally. I am liking what I hear so far though. More upper treble air and details. Sounds more natural and open. Sort of makes the T2 sound veiled in comparison. I'm put fresh Rebound foam tips on both and have been A-Bing back and forth. I have measurements too if anyone cares :wink:

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #18,081 of 33,689
Tin Audio T2 Pro. Comes out Monday for pre-order on Massdrop. Packaging is the same. Cable 3.5mm barrel is bigger. There are still vents inside and outside. The only noticeable difference is the ear canal screen is removed.

Wow, this is exactly what I predicted!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2318#post-14367476

The difference isn’t the mesh that they removed, it’s the blue gunk underneath that was acting as a dampening filter.

Remove the blue wax gunk under the nozzle = more low end impact, yet keeping the other properties that make the T2 awesome. Sounds cleaner and better in every way.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #18,082 of 33,689

That’s just the driver grille. Every IEM has a similar metal cover to protect the diaphragm.

It’s just not visible on a regular T2, because the blue gunk is blocking it.

The actual stainless nozzle mesh does not impact the sound. I run stainless nozzle meshes on my modded T2. The key is the blue filter BETWEEN the driver and stainless mesh down inside the nozzle.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #18,083 of 33,689

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2318#post-14367476

The difference isn’t the mesh that they removed, it’s the blue gunk underneath that was acting as a dampening filter.

Remove the blue wax gunk under the nozzle = more low end impact, yet keeping the other properties that make the T2 awesome. Sounds cleaner and better in every way.

Ok now you are making me more curious about whats inside my T2 standard. :)

Is the photo in that link from inside the T2?

The bass sounds the same to me. The treble is more airy.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #18,084 of 33,689
T2 Pro vs T2  Raw FR.jpg
MiniDSP Measurements. Take with spoonfuls of mortons iodized salt.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #18,085 of 33,689
That’s just the driver grille. Every IEM has a similar metal cover to protect the diaphragm.

The actual stainless nozzle mesh does not impact the sound. I run stainless nozzle meshes on my modded T2. The key is the blue filter BETWEEN the driver and stainless mesh down inside the nozzle.

thanks Slater! I'll try popping the mesh open and clean them

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #18,086 of 33,689

Do you guys think the new T2 Pro will have a good and full sounding bass and sub bass?
I actually stopped thinkin about the T2s as they were bass light and i'm a bass maniac.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #18,087 of 33,689

I know, I wanted to say the same except I don't exactly know the internal configuration of T2 to the point where I could say that that cover is only for the small DD driver or for both (depends on where the big driver is firing at - probably only for the small one while the big one sends sound between this driver and casing). Doesn't really matter, what matters here is that my regular T2 never had this blue stuff inside. I did suspect that they haven't only changed the cable at some point but I couldn't prove it.

Also, I had every reason to think that the only thing that they did with Pro version is a slight change to vent holes. This could be done litherally by changing size or by using mesh/cloth/damper to block a bit of air. But going from graph a few post above, they appear to have changed the amount of air in the front of drivers because they did not change bass at all meaning vents were untouched.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #18,089 of 33,689

MiniDSP Measurements. Take with spoonfuls of mortons iodized salt.

hmmm...from slater's post he said the removal of the blue gunk resulted in increase of bass but your graph shows that the treble area is the one affected and that the bass is left more or less untouched.. so i assume that the blue stuff is not the only tweak

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #18,090 of 33,689
I dont see any blue gunk under my mesh though. I didnt open it but i can see right down it with light. I'll see if I can take something with a macro lens.

EDIT: ok macro photos cant see behind screen. :frowning2:

I can definitely see right through to the inner vent at the right angle with my naked eye though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back