Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #18,091 of 33,689
I dont see any blue gunk under my mesh though. I didnt open it but i can see right down it with light. I'll see if I can take something with a macro lens.

EDIT: ok macro photos cant see behind screen. :frowning2:

I can definitely see right through to the inner vent at the right angle with my naked eye though.

There is nothing between mesh and driver cover in recent T2 units, you already have a version with slightly boosted bass compared to people who ordered it when it came out.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #18,092 of 33,689
There is nothing between mesh and driver cover in recent T2 units, you already have a version with slightly boosted bass compared to people who ordered it when it came out.

K thanks for confirming. I thought I was going crazy. I got the T2 about 5 months ago.

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #18,093 of 33,689
How does the v80 compare to your c681?

I have the latter, and I am waiting for my v80 to arrive from the latest Ali sale.
if i had to pick one it would be the 631--it's a more seamless presentation and you're more conscious of listening to an organic whole rather than to different parts of the spectrum

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #18,094 of 33,689
So i think there are many pieces that are actually faulty.

AK Audio answered me and processed full refund for the order without asking for return.
I have to say their customer service is way appreciated, very good store and I advice supporting them.

So now i actually have a broken TRN v80 pair, and 30 euros back as maximum money to spend.
I don't know if to buy another TRN v80 being afraid of finding another bad pair or just buy a cheaper headphone.

What should I do? The TRN v80 were anyway fantastic.

There is no chance to solder the BA?

But headfi bans them. I think it’s stupid

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #18,095 of 33,689
I'm seriously sad for my bad experience with the v80s..

Anyway, i'm curious to know a little thing.
How would you compare ZSA vs TRN v80?
And how wouod you compare ED16 vs TRN v80?

Terms: soundstage, imaging, bass, mids, treble, separation
I don't like my v80 either but I love the ZSA. I've done no critical listening with the v80 but to my ears the ZSA just does everything better. The bass is especially impressive with a nice sub bass slam for heavy rock but no mid bass bleed into the mids at all.

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #18,096 of 33,689
how much time should I play the tin audio t2 to sound good? its very aggressive out of the box, almost not listenable beyond 15 minutes. Too peaky at 3khz or so.. :frowning2: I previously had sound change on few iems with burn in. How much of it is needed for t2?

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #18,099 of 33,689
But headfi bans them. I think it’s stupid

As far as i know AK Audio is not banned as store, i think the banned stores are others like gnagnaeasyaudio & so on.

I don't like my v80 either but I love the ZSA. I've done no critical listening with the v80 but to my ears the ZSA just does everything better. The bass is especially impressive with a nice sub bass slam for heavy rock but no mid bass bleed into the mids at all.

Many people speaks well about the zsa, but actually everyone says trn v80 bass region is more energic.
With the money of the trn v80 i can buy ed16 + zsa.. maybe that could be a good trade-off?

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #18,100 of 33,689

Wow, very interesting.

I have (3) sets of T2 in total. It sounds like I need to remove the nozzle mesh on my other 2 and see if the blue stuff is inside either one or not.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #18,103 of 33,689
I just pulled the trigger and bought my first "serious" pair of IEMs. After hours of research I decided to get the TFZ Exclusive 3. It looks like one of the best for 50 euros.
Let us know how you like it once it's in your ears. And welcome to the rabbit hole.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #18,104 of 33,689
I just pulled the trigger and bought my first "serious" pair of IEMs. After hours of research I decided to get the TFZ Exclusive 3. It looks like one of the best for 50 euros.

Welcome to the club! It may be your 1st, but I’m sure it won’t be your last haha

In any case, enjoy!

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #18,105 of 33,689

It does. It is the TFZ model that I have had my eye on. Although I was considering the Queen for awhile. I crossed that one off my wish list when I got myToneking Nine Tail. But I still have no TFZ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back