Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 16, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #18,106 of 33,689
It does. It is the TFZ model that I have had my eye on. Although I was considering the Queen for awhile. I crossed that one off my wish list when I got myToneking Nine Tail. But I still have no TFZ...

You made the right call, IMO. I'd certainly take the 9T over the Queen. Check out the King Pro, though. That IEM has become one of my all-time faves.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #18,107 of 33,689
You made the right call, IMO. I'd certainly take the 9T over the Queen. Check out the King Pro, though. That IEM has become one of my all-time faves.

I am sure the King Pro is excellent but it is three times the cost of the Exclusive 3. If I do ever get one (maybe a sale at some point) I know I would be happy with it.

Sep 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #18,109 of 33,689
After eq'ing to solve that metallic sound you disliked what else did you dislike about them?

Not much of anything, really. I'm struggling to find just the right tip, but I've got new options coming in the mail. Not a deal-breaker, obviously. Really enjoying the lower half of the FR so far. I still need more time with them though.

Sep 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #18,110 of 33,689
Not much of anything, really. I'm struggling to find just the right tip, but I've got new options coming in the mail. Not a deal-breaker, obviously. Really enjoying the lower half of the FR so far. I still need more time with them though.
I agree that the lower half of the fr is really good. I'm especially loving male vocals which I didn't feel for in the it01s. I am also trying out other methods to extract more quality from these, so if you find any ways to improve the sound I would love to hear from you.

Also, I must of had a messed pair of the 9ts a while back and did not really gel with them back then but do you think the 9ts are definitely better though? Because if they are I don't want to miss out and may either get them again or maybe look into the dmgs for a good fun signature. I will keep the queen's though as they respond to eq really well and like their sound.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #18,112 of 33,689
Posted my initial impressions and measurements of T2 Pro here: http://www.antdroid.net/2018/09/tin-audio-t2-pro-exclusive-first-look.html

FYI - This is what Tin Hi-Fi has mentioned about T2 Pro on Twitter:

1. T2 PRO adopts the newly developed composite unit of TINHIFI. Emphasize high quality bass. More delicate neutral, better treble.
    Better Treble. CHECK. Bass. Not for me. But, see Slater's comments

2. Re-customize the higher quality 3.5MM true plug, only for transmitting more pure signals.
    Check

3. superb work, and high quality texture.
    Check though I'm not sure exactly what this means. The additional air and detail is there in the sound. The build quality is the same, except better cable.

4. one step in place 5N8 core manual fever grade oxygen-free copper silver plated wire.
    Better cable. Check.

5. gift-level packaging, (high-quality accessories)
    Same as previous packaging. Very nice though!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #18,114 of 33,689
Don't think it's going to be my last indeed. I learned a lot about IEMs and sound quality in general when doing research on this.
For example: I never knew what sound stage was until now!
According to rtings.com, soundstage doesn't very much exist for closed IEMs, only imaging. So, in terms of IEMs, I'm still extremely confused as to what soundstage is.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #18,115 of 33,689
I agree that the lower half of the fr is really good. I'm especially loving male vocals which I didn't feel for in the it01s. I am also trying out other methods to extract more quality from these, so if you find any ways to improve the sound I would love to hear from you.

Also, I must of had a messed pair of the 9ts a while back and did not really gel with them back then but do you think the 9ts are definitely better though? Because if they are I don't want to miss out and may either get them again or maybe look into the dmgs for a good fun signature. I will keep the queen's though as they respond to eq really well and like their sound.

I'm still working on EQ'ing the Queen, but I feel like I'm pretty close to what I want. Snare and cymbals still sound unnaturally snappy and metallic, but it's much improved. I've been using "Vicarious" by Tool to gauge this.

Better is always hard to define. I like the 9T more and they will no doubt spend more time in my ears, but the Queen is better from a technical standpoint. The Queen has a crisper, faster, more detailed sound, even after EQ, than the 9T. The Queen also has more impact and slam, better bass extension, better soundstage, and better imaging.

However, even after EQ'ing the Queen to my liking, the 9T has a richer, thicker sound that I find very appealing. If you didn't like them when you heard them, that's probably not going to change unless you were using some weird filter combo. The 9T is all about lush tuning. At its best, the 9T is has an inviting, relaxed, round, full sound that reminds me of the stereotypical tube sound. At its worst, the earphone is slow, blurred, boomy, and rolled-off at both ends. This is with running the most bass-linear filter and the middle filter for treble presence.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #18,116 of 33,689
According to rtings.com, soundstage doesn't very much exist for closed IEMs, only imaging. So, in terms of IEMs, I'm still extremely confused as to what soundstage is.

Let's clarify
For what i know, soundstage is the brain/human perception of imaging.
Then, again based on my very little experience, imaging should be the capability of the earphones to place instruments and voices where they should be, like if they were around you or in front of you and so on..
The soundstage is the impression you have when the imaging is good, so you can perceive like if you're in a room when you are listening to instruments thar sound around you.
So the difference is that imaging is the technical capability of positioning and placing the instruments in the space when they're supposed or intended to be by the technician or musicist, the soundstage is the perception that you have when the earphone got a good imaging.

I can be wrong so if someone knows it better, let' explain.

Many times anyway the two words are used with the same meaning as far as i know.

In any case, i advise you to take a look to the Head-fi glossary which collects many words from this world and can help you distinguish the various words that sound different but maybe mean the same thing.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #18,118 of 33,689
Let's clarify
For what i know, soundstage is the brain/human perception of imaging.
Then, again based on my very little experience, imaging should be the capability of the earphones to place instruments and voices where they should be, like if they were around you or in front of you and so on..
The soundstage is the impression you have when the imaging is good, so you can perceive like if you're in a room when you are listening to instruments thar sound around you.
So the difference is that imaging is the technical capability of positioning and placing the instruments in the space when they're supposed or intended to be by the technician or musicist, the soundstage is the perception that you have when the earphone got a good imaging.

I can be wrong so if someone knows it better, let' explain.

Many times anyway the two words are used with the same meaning as far as i know.

In any case, i advise you to take a look to the Head-fi glossary which collects many words from this world and can help you distinguish the various words that sound different but maybe mean the same thing.

Soundstage is generally understood as the imaginary field which the music occupies, having height, width, and depth. Imaging is the accuracy of the placements of instruments within that imaginary field. Separation is how cleanly those individual instruments and their positions are aurally conveyed.

Saying IEMs have no soundstage is nonsensical in a literal sense, but I think suggests that the width of soundstage is as narrow as one's ears.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #18,119 of 33,689
Soundstage is generally understood as the imaginary field which the music occupies, having height, width, and depth. Imaging is the accuracy of the placements of instruments within that imaginary field. Separation is how cleanly those individual instruments and their positions are aurally conveyed.

Saying IEMs have no soundstage is nonsensical in a literal sense, but I think suggests that the width of soundstage is as narrow as one's ears.

These were the things i wanted to explain but i'm not actually good in explaining things.
You actually wrote an awesome and short answer that clarified even my doubts on how to explain that to people or friends.
Thanks a lot!

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #18,120 of 33,689
@phthora any impressions on the t2 and the v80s you got recently :)

I am still struggling with the fit on the T2s. Their shallow, straight-in insertion style always gives me issues. I also replaced the cable immediately as the stock one cut-out frequently. But here are some initial impressions while I wait for my Symbios to arrive.

The T2 are incredible for $50. Detailed, clean, absolutely no faults in any area of the spectrum. Bass is lighter than some would like, but that is more of a choice in tuning than a detriment. I think it's just about perfect, maybe even north of true neutral. They have the highest performance to price ratio in anything I've heard. I would love an easier fit and a better stock cable, but I cannot complain about the sound at all. I may even buy a second one to try and de-blue as Slater has suggested doing.

The V80 has wonderful, full bass, but not as much impact, extension, or detail as you would hear spending a bit more. It's 'consumer' bass, but done very well for the price. I think the Geek Wold GK3 edges it out in that department, but that one also sounds pretty awful everywhere else in the spectrum. The V80 has nicely detailed mids with just a touch of recession. Treble is a bit zingy or buzzy, making the overall sound a U. I've been dealing with a lot of weird treble in the last few days, but the V80 doesn't offend as much as more expensive IEMs (like the TFZ Queen). For $25 or so, the V80 is an excellent value and absolutely worth the extra few bucks over the GK3, which has some serious problems in sound. As of yet, I haven't even opted to EQ the treble of the V80. Just doesn't bother me that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back