Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 3, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #16,321 of 33,689
A1rU17bYk5AbMVaFecuxkxf4u2w2E5YAmBr18p2n-eg2I0bsgHORtZ8gtOX-NiAJaQ-QK-Go5gtxzv9cBg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

New Arrival Original FiiO FH5 hifi Dynamic earphone free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/2EfaaiiM

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #16,322 of 33,689
Attention TinAudio T2 owners.

I have a PSA and also a sweet mod. So read the whole post for info on each.

** PSA portion **

I had a problem with 1 of my T2 today. 1 side went silent; or more accurately, I could just BARELY hear it with the volume cranked up all the way. I decided to look inside the nozzle to see if I could see any problem. What I saw under the nozzle mesh was an odd blue 'wax' (I say wax but I don't really know what it was). Whatever this material is, it was crumbly and waxy and totally clogging up the nozzle. I carefully cleaned out the chunks with a small drill bit and tweezers, and installed new stainless nozzle screens (4.7mm). Low and behold the IEM started working 100% again! I took the nozzle screen off the other side, and it had the same blue wax. I cleaned it out of that side too. I think what happened was this blue 'plug' of material must have loosened and fell on top of the driver, blocking all sound from the driver. Anyways, if this ever happens to you, just look under the nozzle screens and see if the blue goo is clogging up your T2 nozzle.

BTW, since the blue gunk crumbles apart, you'll want to shine a flashlight down into the nozzle to make sure you got all of the pieces of the blue gunk out.

Here's the nozzle BEFORE I reinstalled new 4.7mm nozzle screens:

** Mod portion **

So a cool side effect of cleaning out the above blue alien ear wax goo? The T2's missing sub bass was there all of the sudden! So whatever this blue gunk is, that's what's been filtering out all of the sub bass. So any of you who have been yearning for more sub bass, those waiting for the 'T2 Bass' version, or those that tried to get more bass by covering the front vent with micropore (only to find it bloated the sub bass), then cleaning out all of the blue goo is what you need to do! You'll just need to pick up some 4.7mm nozzle screens from Aliexpress, as the stock ones get mangled up in the process.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #16,323 of 33,689
Attention TinAudio T2 owners.

I have a PSA and also a sweet mod. So read the whole post for info on each.

** PSA portion **

I had a problem with 1 of my T2 today. 1 side went silent; or more accurately, I could just BARELY hear it with the volume cranked up all the way. I decided to look inside the nozzle to see if I could see any problem. What I saw under the nozzle mesh was an odd blue 'wax' (I say wax but I don't really know what it was). Whatever this material is, it was crumbly and waxy and totally clogging up the nozzle. I carefully cleaned out the chunks with a small drill bit and tweezers, and installed new stainless nozzle screens (4.7mm). Low and behold the IEM started working 100% again! I took the nozzle screen off the other side, and it had the same blue wax. I cleaned it out of that side too. I think what happened was this blue 'plug' of material must have loosened and fell on top of the driver, blocking all sound from the driver. Anyways, if this ever happens to you, just look under the nozzle screens and see if the blue goo is clogging up your T2 nozzle.

Here's the nozzle BEFORE I reinstalled new 4.7mm nozzle screens:

** Mod portion **

So a cool side effect of cleaning out the above blue alien ear wax goo? The T2's missing sub bass was there all of the sudden! So whatever this blue gunk is, that's what's been filtering out all of the sub bass. So any of you who have been yearning for more sub bass, those waiting for the 'T2 Bass' version, or those that tried to get more bass by covering the front vent with micropore (only to find it bloated the sub bass), then cleaning out all of the blue goo is what you need to do! You'll just need to pick up some 4.7mm nozzle screens from Aliexpress, as the stock ones get mangled up in the process.
Thanks again, Slater! I really wanna try this mod ASAP. Does this blue stuff come with every T2, or is it just something that happened to come loose on yours? I’m curious before I start modding my spare T2s. Also, can you provide a link to the mesh filters?

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #16,324 of 33,689
Thanks again, Slater! I really wanna try this mod ASAP. Does this blue stuff come with every T2, or is it just something that happened to come loose on yours? I’m curious before I start modding my spare T2s. Also, can you provide a link to the mesh filters?

My T2 were totally stock right from TinAudio. My T2 were no more or less special than anyone else's, so I can see no reason to believe they wouldn't all have the blue gunk under the nozzle screen.

Obviously not everyone's blue gunk will be completely blocking off ALL sound - that was just a fluke, and I have no idea how that happened on 1 of mine. If it wasn't for that problem, I would have never pulled off my nozzle screens to try and fix them!

I still don't understand what exact material the crumbly wax gunk is. It's obviously serving a dampening purpose, but I would love to know if a different material would have been a better choice or at least more reliable/cleaner/more stable (like foam), how exactly it got knocked loose and totally sealed off my driver from making noise, etc. I must admit, I've never seen anything exactly like it in an earphone before. I do think the material itself (and the fact it somehow got knocked loose) is a problem waiting to happen, and I believe it can and will happen to other people.

I also have a feeling, after hearing the difference with and without the gunk, that the 'T2 Bass Edition' TinAudio has in the works will probably be nothing more than not including the blue gunk.

As far as the nozzle filters, this is where I always buy mine:
You can order any mix you wish of different sizes. While the T2 uses 4.7mm, it's not a very commonly used size in my experience.

From what I have run into, the most common sizes are as follows (in order):
  1. 4.3mm
  2. 4mm
  3. 5mm
  4. 3.7mm
  5. 4.7mm
The screens come on a sheet, like stickers. They have the adhesive already applied. All you do is peel and stick them on (I use tweezers to get them into position on the nozzle, then gently press with a fingertip or soft pencil eraser to get the adhesive to stick evenly).

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #16,325 of 33,689
I got the Rose North Forest at launch and it was quite bassy mess (mid-bass, that is, so you need to listen at low volumes to appreciate the quite good mids and very good soundstage). Supposedly the more recent batch has the problem fixed, but not gonna order another just for kicks.

I also bought them, not sure which batch, I like them, but I don't use them too often, I bought them only because of the brand rose and their reputation with mojito, thats also the reason why I am curious about the auglamour f200, as I already have rx-1 and like them, and f200 is a budget iem

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #16,327 of 33,689
Hey guys, I haven't posted anything to this thread yet, but I do actually already own a Chi-Fi IEM, the Hisenior B8, which I'll sell to finance the Hisenior T12, their 12BA per side flagship.

Now I also just ordered these as well:

https://goo.gl/g499zb

These are NiceHCKs flaghship the NICEHCK DZX-14BA, with no reviews on Head-Fi yet.

They have both yet to arrive but I'll post a dedicated review with some comparisons between them. If I still have the Hisenior B8 till then, I might throw them in for comparison as well! :)

Also, I went for the 2-Pin version, as I've heard that MMCX might not be as good longevity wise, is that correct? Any answers to that would be helpful! Wanna make sure I choose the right connection type for this kind of beauty.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #16,328 of 33,689

Just a tip... for others too... see how your link is sooooo long? That is because many of these links include some kind of "spam" stuff. We are meant to remove everything after the .html part. Everything starting with ?spm

It is in the posting guidelines somewhere... or was. Apparently it overloads the site somehow?

I have done it in the quote so you can see.

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #16,329 of 33,689
Just a tip... for others too... see how your link is sooooo long? That is because many of these links include some kind of "spam" stuff. We are meant to remove everything after the .html part. Everything starting with ?spm

It is in the posting guidelines somewhere... or was. Apparently it overloads the site somehow?

I have done it in the quote so you can see.

Thank you very much for the tip. In this case, I've gone one step further and just used Google URL Shortener, hope it's allowed. :)

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #16,330 of 33,689
Thank you very much for the tip. In this case, I've gone one step further and just used Google URL Shortener, hope it's allowed. :)

I have seen those shorter links before and wondered where they came from. Never heard of Google URL Shortener before. Something new to learn every day:)

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #16,331 of 33,689
Hey guys, I haven't posted anything to this thread yet, but I do actually already own a Chi-Fi IEM, the Hisenior B8, which I'll sell to finance the Hisenior T12, their 12BA per side flagship.

https://goo.gl/g499zb

These are NiceHCKs flaghship the NICEHCK DZX-14BA, with no reviews on Head-Fi yet.

They have both yet to arrive but I'll post a dedicated review with some comparisons between them. If I still have the Hisenior B8 till then, I might throw them in for comparison as well! :)

Also, I went for the 2-Pin version, as I've heard that MMCX might not be as good longevity wise, is that correct? Any answers to that would be helpful! Wanna make sure I choose the right connection type for this kind of beauty.

I was wondering about those to. Also the 6 and 8 driver version.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #16,332 of 33,689
I was wondering about those to. Also the 6 and 8 driver version.

The ones from NiceHCK or Hisenior? I've only had the pleasure to hear the B8 so far, the 8BA per side version from Hisenior. I fell in love instantly and ordering the T12 was a very easy decision. They have my dearest recommendations! Their sound is very balanced and the midrange is unlike anything I've heard before in any IEM so far.

A further reason why I'm a fan of Hisenior already is the transparency. I know exactly which drivers were built into the B8 or the T12 and he provided me with frequency graphs for every IEMs I requested. Other manufactures sometimes don't mention the BAs used at all, which is why I'd be "paranoid" they were just going to use cheaper non-Knowles/sonion BAs. Not saying they sound bad, but with Knowles and Sonion you know you'll get quality sound.

Seriously, if you have any questions about the B8 for example, just ask me, or drop Hisenior a message. He'll be able to help you select an IEM to your liking. I easily asked 30 questions, some of which were really far-fetched, but he answered every one of them. This is why I was also easily willing to spend so much money on a Chi-Fi flagship.

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #16,333 of 33,689
I have a cool little IEM-related mod I wanted to share.

I have lots of different zippered storage cases, of different shapes and sizes. But I have been looking for something a little bit more stackable and compact. I also wanted something that could stand up to much more abuse, being super tough.

Sure, some people buy large plastic cases with multiple compartments, but I wanted something I could toss in my pocket, or glovebox, backpack, or gym bag.

The zippered cases can also add up, at $1-$1.50 each. Finally, I wanted something nice looking when I gift IEMs to people for something like the KZ EDR1 which comes in a cardboard box.

I found these cool metal screw lid tins. They are available in different sizes and colors, and you can find them with solid lids or even with a small clear window. The prices are as cheap as 1/2 of the zippered cases (ie ~$0.50 each). The price varies depending on the color, size, and if it has a clear lid or not. They stack up nice and neatly, are easy to grab and go, and you can even hold them together with small magnets! You can write on the lid with a Sharpie or make a label or whatever you want.

For example, 2oz/60gram cases are plenty roomy enough for all earbuds, as well as IEMs like MEMT X5, T5, KZ ED9, EDR1, EDR2, Rock Zircon, etc. For larger IEMs, like KZ ZS3, ZST, ZS6, ZSR, ZS10, etc you can get larger sizes (100 and 150gram).

You can find them on ebay, Amazon, and Aliexpress by searching for "round metal tins" or similar search terms.

Here's 3 examples of the ones similar to mine:
I also lined mine with some adhesive-backed velvet I had a roll of. I just traced the appropriately-sized circle with a compass, cut it out, and peeled and stuck it to the underside of the lid and the bottom of the case. Here's what it looks like with the velvet lining and an IEM inside:

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #16,334 of 33,689
This one arrived today just in time for Christmas...

These are interesting: very fluffy, airy, and open sounding, vocals are right there, bass is not rumbly...will have a fun time checking these out in detail.

UPDATE: for my subjective perception, these are fuuuuuuun. Very enjoyable!

IMG_0164.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back