Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 17, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #9,031 of 33,689
Just received some new toys.
20170517_090321-01.jpeg 20170517_090515-01.jpeg 20170517_091044-01.jpeg 20170517_091101-01.jpeg

May 17, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #9,032 of 33,689
It could be, but the mic on the RHA S500i isn't much better. I can live with the shoddy mic given the proper three button support (volume!!!) with my G5.

I don't really need the volume buttons most of the time, when listening from my phone. I have a LG G2, where the volume buttons are on the back of the phone, so i can very easily adjust the volume through my front pocket. otherwise guess i would have liked 3-button remotes better!
I have changed my headphone jack (/pcb) though, my phone thought i had headphones connected all the time, so i had to use speaker phone, or a headset. very annoying!

May 17, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #9,034 of 33,689
Looks like a rebranded Rockjaw. Cool! First impressions?
Surprisingly comfortable, a pain to initially fit on my ears, but stable as all hell, and they sound like wood. The preinstalled tip on the right came out the box permanently deformed so I swapped them for some KZ Turbos.

Upon first listen I was attacked by bass. It's powerful, a bit bloated, and likes to bleed into the mids. It's also very smooth. No harshness or sibilance. Also, not much of a sound stage. Mids are forward and liquid and sit just the tiniest bit behind the bass, which can overwhelm at times. I left it burning overnight and the bass has relaxed a little, but I literally have less than an hour of ear time with them. I will give them a review in a couple weeks or so.

May 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #9,035 of 33,689
May 17, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #9,036 of 33,689
Surprisingly comfortable, a pain to initially fit on my ears, but stable as all hell, and they sound like wood. The preinstalled tip on the right came out the box permanently deformed so I swapped them for some KZ Turbos.

Upon first listen I was attacked by bass. It's powerful, a bit bloated, and likes to bleed into the mids. It's also very smooth. No harshness or sibilance. Also, not much of a sound stage. Mids are forward and liquid and sit just the tiniest bit behind the bass, which can overwhelm at times. I left it burning overnight and the bass has relaxed a little, but I literally have less than an hour of ear time with them. I will give them a review in a couple weeks or so.

Thanks! They sound alright. Looking forward to your review :beerchug:

May 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #9,037 of 33,689
i finally got my magaosi k3 today ($83 from dd on ali)--these are, scout's honor, the last iem i'm buying for a long while (famous last words). not sure how much is anticipation bias, but first impressions are positive--these initially remind me of the fidue a73, which i like alot--big, crisp, open-sounding, detailed. bass not seismic but tight. i'd actually like to a/b these with the (much cheaper) bk50, still my go to <$50 to see how much of an evolutionary leap they are.

May 17, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #9,038 of 33,689
i finally got my magaosi k3 today ($83 from dd on ali)--these are, scout's honor, the last iem i'm buying for a long while (famous last words). not sure how much is anticipation bias, but first impressions are positive--these initially remind me of the fidue a73, which i like alot--big, crisp, open-sounding, detailed. bass not seismic but tight. i'd actually like to a/b these with the (much cheaper) bk50, still my go to <$50 to see how much of an evolutionary leap they are.

I'm with you. Once I had the K3 Pro. I suddenly lost the desire to load up on ChiFi iems in search of that perfect one. Haven't had any desire to jump on the ZS5 hype train, because I strongly doubt they are as good or better than the K3 Pro.

I only regret paying full price for the K3 ($135usd), although they are easily worth the price.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #9,039 of 33,689
I kind of did something in the middle. Bought a couple KZs, picked up the K3, and now I'm padding my collection a bunch of random stuff along with my new Bluetooth obsession. The more I play with these Esmooth ES-320 the more I like them. Actually haven't used my K3 Pro in a week. Too many toys!!! TOO DAMN MANY!

May 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #9,040 of 33,689

last time.jpg

May 17, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #9,041 of 33,689
Glad you like K3! But sad news for Your will against chi-fi - 1clearhead compares his ZS5 with M1221and K3Pro, KZ must be really onto something amazing value!

May 17, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #9,042 of 33,689
Glad you like K3! But sad news for Your will against chi-fi - 1clearhead compares his ZS5 with M1221and K3Pro, KZ must be really onto something amazing value!
i'll see how long i can hold out--it'll be a good test of my willpower. i do want to see clearhead's comparo--the zs5 is against pretty stiff competition.

May 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #9,043 of 33,689
i'll see how long i can hold out--it'll be a good test of my willpower. i do want to see clearhead's comparo--the zs5 is against pretty stiff competition.
Go read KZ thread, there already are some initial promising impressions against latter mentioned 2 IEMs.

May 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #9,044 of 33,689

Ha, Ha! You're already wobbling on that earlier statement. You'll be providing the next update from some bushes next.

May 17, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #9,045 of 33,689
Good phones are a must

muffled 0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back