Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 17, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #9,046 of 33,689
Hi all,

I have been using a pair of **** 4in1s for the last few months and they have been great (thanks this thread!), but today I noticed static in the right earphone when listening at highish volume. Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it? If it's sadly not fixable can someone recommend me a new pair, preferably something that is built solidly so it hopefully won't break. Thanks :))))

May 18, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #9,047 of 33,689
Hi all,

I have been using a pair of **** 4in1s for the last few months and they have been great (thanks this thread!), but today I noticed static in the right earphone when listening at highish volume. Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it? If it's sadly not fixable can someone recommend me a new pair, preferably something that is built solidly so it hopefully won't break. Thanks :))))

You don't remember dropping them onto a hard floor or knocking it against anything by any chance? Because BA drivers can be permanently damaged due to a physical shock (and it doesn't take that much either).

For a replacement recommendation, it would be helpful to know your preferred musical genres and target budget.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #9,048 of 33,689
Hi all,

If early reports are accurate it would be hard to recommend anything apart from the KZ ZS5.

May 18, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #9,049 of 33,689
If early reports are accurate it would be hard to recommend anything apart from the KZ ZS5.

Let's wait and see, often there's too many people with 'new toy' syndrome. You only have to look at the Memt X5 as a recent example of that, a decent earphone gets blown up into something ground breaking, eventually reality bites and the people who bought it feel aggrieved.

I have my benchmarks already set out - BossHifi B3 and Urbanfun - similar price range and relatively balanced sound.

May 18, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #9,050 of 33,689
I was shocked that 1clearhead compared KZ ZS5 to the likes of the sendiy and K3. I didnt expect KZ to pull a winner off these to be very honest, especially 4 drivers for 30 usd? Wonder how they did it :hushed:

May 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #9,052 of 33,689
Let's wait and see, often there's too many people with 'new toy' syndrome. You only have to look at the Memt X5 as a recent example of that, a decent earphone gets blown up into something ground breaking, eventually reality bites and the people who bought it feel aggrieved.

I have my benchmarks already set out - BossHifi B3 and Urbanfun - similar price range and relatively balanced sound.
gotta agree with vidal, which is generally sound policy--aside from my self-imposed buying moratorium, i've been burned too often by sheepishly buying into the initial hype (shozy zero anyone?). which, of course, doesn't mean that the zs5 isn't really awesome, but it'll take some time for a real consensus to develop. to which end, i really encourage folks to take their time before definitively reviewing an iem--i've been far to prone to overrate (kz zs3) or underrate (lz a2s) when i rush.

May 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #9,053 of 33,689
You only have to look at the Memt X5 as a recent example of that, a decent earphone gets blown up into something ground breaking, eventually reality bites and the people who bought it feel aggrieved.

I'm not sure why people would feel aggrieved. It's a very competent microdriver headphone, especially when you consider the price.

May 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #9,054 of 33,689
You don't remember dropping them onto a hard floor or knocking it against anything by any chance? Because BA drivers can be permanently damaged due to a physical shock (and it doesn't take that much either).

For a replacement recommendation, it would be helpful to know your preferred musical genres and target budget.

Thanks for the reply :) it is definitely possible that I accidentally banged them against something. I use them for everything (normal listening, gym, while biking, walking, etc.) and they stay in my pocket most of the day, so I'm looking for a pair that is sturdy and well built and can maybe take a banging or two (I value sturdiness probably more than most here and would be willing to sacrifice some SQ for it).

For reference, I really liked the Sony MH1Cs except the cable, and I also liked the Zero Audio Carbo Tenores except the cable, **** 4in1s, lz-z03as except the cable. Budget is the same as these ($30-$50ish)

EDIT: also I am biased towards IEMS that come out of this thread for whatever reason

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #9,055 of 33,689
Hi all,

Personally I won't buy any Senfers again soon as I've had the complete nozzle come loose of my 4in1's after switching tips. I've never had that with any other IEM. Shame as I liked the sound but I have some doubts about ****'s durability as a brand.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,056 of 33,689
I'm not sure why people would feel aggrieved. It's a very competent microdriver headphone, especially when you consider the price.

The Memt X5 was being compared to the K3 Pro in terms of ability, people pulled the trigger on that basis. Yes, they're good but not quite at the level touted.

May 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #9,057 of 33,689
Djsjxjfbskcf. Sjdjsjxjejs
The Memt X5 was being compared to the K3 Pro in terms of ability, people pulled the trigger on that basis. Yes, they're good but not quite at the level touted.

Agreed. I've got the Audbos version of the K3 and it's far superior. The X5 is far from being a bad earphone though. I personally love the kick you get from that micro-driver's low end.

May 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #9,058 of 33,689
Thanks for the reply :) it is definitely possible that I accidentally banged them against something. I use them for everything (normal listening, gym, while biking, walking, etc.) and they stay in my pocket most of the day, so I'm looking for a pair that is sturdy and well built and can maybe take a banging or two (I value sturdiness probably more than most here and would be willing to sacrifice some SQ for it).

For reference, I really liked the Sony MH1Cs except the cable, and I also liked the Zero Audio Carbo Tenores except the cable, **** 4in1s, lz-z03as except the cable. Budget is the same as these ($30-$50ish)

EDIT: also I am biased towards IEMS that come out of this thread for whatever reason

You hit the nail on the head when you brought up the fragility of many of these ChiFi earphones. Often the housing is fragile but it has a sturdy cable, or the housing is sturdy but the cable is fragile, or the unit overall is more prone to failure & must be babied.

Based on your requirements, and the fact that you want something you can just shove in your pocket and not worry about, consider giving the QKZ DM200 (or KZ HD9 same thing) a try. I also wholeheartedly recommend the W1 Pro if you're willing to make 1-2 tiny vent holes in the shell (1mm each; ridiculously easy to do with a micro drill bit or a sewing needle or even a heated up paper clip).

Both are built like a tank, have no delicate BA drivers to get damaged, have sturdy cables, are super comfy to wear, and are sports-oriented. They both have ridiculous price to performance ratio, and although neither will sound as good as the ones you listed, they have 90+% of the sound quality you're used to. I own/use them both, & do not hesitate to recommend them.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #9,059 of 33,689
Well... on another note, 1clearhead doesn`t hype things so easily and so far I follow his opinions/reviews with trust. But yeah, gotta be careful with NTS and wait more impressions.

May 18, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #9,060 of 33,689

Hm, are BAs really that sensitive? How so?

I don't usually drop by earphones, but I've had my PMV A-01 (1DD + 2BA) slip out of my fingers a couple of times, onto a wooden table from a height of about 10-20cm (for some reason, my fingers can't seem to get a very good grip when I put in/take out this IEM...). I don't think I've damaged mine as I haven't heard anything unusual coming out of the drivers, but I'll try to be extra careful from now on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back