Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #9,061 of 33,689
gotta agree with vidal, which is generally sound policy--aside from my self-imposed buying moratorium, i've been burned too often by sheepishly buying into the initial hype (shozy zero anyone?). which, of course, doesn't mean that the zs5 isn't really awesome, but it'll take some time for a real consensus to develop. to which end, i really encourage folks to take their time before definitively reviewing an iem--i've been far to prone to overrate (kz zs3) or underrate (lz a2s) when i rush.

Just pulled out my A2S today they seem to be getting better and better..my prefered sound signature..LZ has been good to me, even my zoa3 are sounding great after I figured out you gotta push the tips all the way down..cancelled my ZS5 with HcK today, gonna wait till stock comes in and the dust settles...

May 18, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #9,062 of 33,689
Just pulled out my A2S today they seem to be getting better and better..my prefered sound signature..LZ has been good to me, even my zoa3 are sounding great after I figured out you gotta push the tips all the way down..cancelled my ZS5 with HcK today, gonna wait till stock comes in and the dust settles...
agree with you--the a2s get better and better with age. after some brief megahype they got unfairly maligned, probably because that warm/rolled off high is different that the brighter, more open sound of most of the hybrid faves on this thread. they're still not quite as good as the similarly-tuned bk50 or even the urbanfun; however, the a2s do many things very well--in particular they do bass as well as anyone + they're very good with lower quality files.

May 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #9,063 of 33,689
You hit the nail on the head when you brought up the fragility of many of these ChiFi earphones. Often the housing is fragile but it has a sturdy cable, or the housing is sturdy but the cable is fragile, or the unit overall is more prone to failure & must be babied.

Based on your requirements, and the fact that you want something you can just shove in your pocket and not worry about, consider giving the QKZ DM200 (or KZ HD9 same thing) a try. I also wholeheartedly recommend the W1 Pro if you're willing to make 1-2 tiny vent holes in the shell (1mm each; ridiculously easy to do with a micro drill bit or a sewing needle or even a heated up paper clip).

Both are built like a tank, have no delicate BA drivers to get damaged, have sturdy cables, are super comfy to wear, and are sports-oriented. They both have ridiculous price to performance ratio, and although neither will sound as good as the ones you listed, they have 90+% of the sound quality you're used to. I own/use them both, & do not hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks very much -- ordered a KZ HD9, I'm excited to bang it around as much as I can :)

May 18, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #9,064 of 33,689
Thanks very much -- ordered a KZ HD9, I'm excited to bang it around as much as I can :)

haha, yeah throw it around as much as you want lol!

BTW, I forgot to mention that it's worn up & over/behind the ear, but it does not have a stiff memory wire (which a lot of people dislike). The bass is not overpowering, so keep that in mind. They have nice juicy mids and a great balance of treble (they aren't going to be nearly as bright as the 4-in-1 though. Great for rock, heavy metal, jazz, vocals. They come stock with really nice tips - KZ Starlines - which are my favorite KZ tip.

May 18, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #9,065 of 33,689
Review of the Seahf AWK-009 is up! Taking photos for this one was fun. :ksc75smile:

20170518_112953_HDR.jpg
CHECK IT OUT!

May 18, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #9,066 of 33,689
May 18, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #9,067 of 33,689
@slaterlovesspam Thanks man! I was chuckling the entire time at how stupid the photos were. It was great :D

I also want to post this one as a respectful thanks to @BloodyPenguin for the inspiration to produce higher quality photos. Noticed I had the same Datsun 620 Hot Wheels, but with a different paint job. My take on the pic from his AWK-009 review, haha.

20170518_084003.jpg

May 18, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #9,068 of 33,689
So much Chi Fi coming out and being hyped and here i am, sticking to my TK12 and TK Maple hahhaa.. cant keep up man.. cant keep up..

though the KZ ZS5 makes me intrigue a lil bit and another one Veedix NC50.. buutttt maybe much later.. and when i waited later a lot more Chi Fi came out.. tough life..

May 19, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #9,069 of 33,689
So much Chi Fi coming out and being hyped and here i am, sticking to my TK12 and TK Maple hahhaa.. cant keep up man.. cant keep up..

though the KZ ZS5 makes me intrigue a lil bit and another one Veedix NC50.. buutttt maybe much later.. and when i waited later a lot more Chi Fi came out.. tough life..

Yeah, 1st world problems right?

Just wait, as soon as everyone receives their ZS5, KZ will roll out the ZSR Pro! haha

May 19, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #9,070 of 33,689
@slaterlovesspam Thanks man! I was chuckling the entire time at how stupid the photos were. It was great :D

I finally got a proper lens that's suitable for this type of photography. But having seen these I'm going to have to raise my game now. :heart_eyes: :camera:

May 19, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #9,071 of 33,689
The best are when photography buffs sell their unwanted photography equipment (like lenses or bodies etc on ebay etc). The photos of the stuff for sale are so beautiful & creative (no crappy cell phone photos LOL). My best friend will sometimes spend 1-2 hours staging, shooting, & editing photos of a photography item (lens, bag, strap, filter, etc) he's selling on ebay (regardless of asking price).

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #9,074 of 33,689
BlitzWolf BW-ES1 3.5mm In-ear Noise Cancelling Earphone Stereo Earbuds Graphene Earphones With Microphone For Mobile Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/nQf6v2A3
(from AliExpress Android) If someone come across on this?

I haven't seen it mentioned before, but it's certainly cheap enough to take a shot in the dark & try it. Has a graphene driver, so it's likely to be decent.

If you do get it, be sure to let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back