Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 19, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #9,091 of 33,689
I didn't know that there was a specific orientation for the cable, thank you :wink: But i noticed that in fact the pins are bend, especially on the left side, maybe because i was used to put the cable on the wrong orientation...

Well luckily there's no need to replace the whole ZS3 itself - just the cable (assuming you can't bend the pins back).

You can order a replacement cable for about $2ish. For a few dollars more than that (~$5), you can get the optional silver plated upgrade cable.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #9,092 of 33,689
The ES320 and Kommand share the same hook design and that's about it. Housing on the Esmooth is almost entirely wood and is not interchangeable. The cables look completely different. The Esmooth is a single dynamic 8mm, not a hybrid, and they only cost me $32.
Screenshot_20170519-223928.png
Rock Jaw Kommand
1-Main-Pic4-650x365.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #9,094 of 33,689
Currently using the KZ ZST and am satisfied with them while the only complaints are pretty bad driver flex and occasional sibilance. Wondering Superlux HD681EVO would be my cup of tea based know the fact that I quite like the KZ ZST

May 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #9,097 of 33,689
Can anyone give me information about the Vjjb N1.
1) how do they fit in the ears?- over ear or straight on.

2) how is the soundstage?

3) seems a bit on the pricier side but the packaging seems well. Worth it? Thanks

http://www.aproear.co.uk/vjjb-n1/

They are straight down.

From Vidal's impression, it seems like they would be basshead-approved. But he commented that they sounded harsh.

For what they cost though, there are much better choices.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #9,098 of 33,689
Currently using the KZ ZST and am satisfied with them while the only complaints are pretty bad driver flex and occasional sibilance. Wondering Superlux HD681EVO would be my cup of tea based know the fact that I quite like the KZ ZST
I get driver flex if I use silicon or rubber tips. With foam tips I get none.

May 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #9,100 of 33,689
Finally get to sit down and just enjoy these. Hoping to have the review up sometime this week. They're no TFZ King, but they're no slouch either.

Are those tips metalized silicone? What keeps it from peeling off?

May 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #9,101 of 33,689
Are those tips metalized silicone? What keeps it from peeling off?

Those are just painted aluminum (I think) nozzles, though I may be misunderstanding the question. These are the included tip styles;

20170519_172440_HDR.jpg
I really think the nozzle design on these is brilliant. Instead of the usual design you find on tip-mounted micro-driver units, these have that notch which accommodates regular tips. Would love to see others, namely JVC, pick this design feature up for their future earphones in this style.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #9,102 of 33,689
Those are just painted aluminum (I think) nozzles, though I may be misunderstanding the question. These are the included tip styles;

I really think the nozzle design on these is brilliant. Instead of the usual design you find on tip-mounted micro-driver units, these have that notch which accommodates regular tips. Would love to see others, namely JVC, pick this design feature up for their future earphones in this style.

Oh, I was looking at them backwards. 1 too many beers LOL!

May 20, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #9,103 of 33,689
Well luckily there's no need to replace the whole ZS3 itself - just the cable (assuming you can't bend the pins back).

You can order a replacement cable for about $2ish. For a few dollars more than that (~$5), you can get the optional silver plated upgrade cable.

Thank you ! But as i said i want to try another chi-fi earphone a little bit more neutral than the ZS3, maybe i will give the ZS3 to my brother

May 20, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #9,104 of 33,689
Thank you ! But as i said i want to try another chi-fi earphone a little bit more neutral than the ZS3, maybe i will give the ZS3 to my brother

Sorry, I forgot you mentioned that in an earlier post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back