Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 21, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #9,106 of 33,689
Any further impressions? I'd like some really small IEMs to have in when asleep and I've seen those on Ali a few times. Specifically, how is the build?

MEMT X5 are really small like that and suitable for sleeping as well.

May 21, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #9,107 of 33,689

^^^ I agree - although I had to search a bit for tips which were comfortable, sealed well, and that inserted deep enough that the X5 didn't slip out while sleeping.

Oddly - the Tennmak Pro, while being much larger, is thin enough - and, with a correctly sized tip, provides a really comfortable and sound-sealed fit for sleeping.

May 21, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #9,108 of 33,689

I'll keep those in mind. Don't look quite as compact as the others, but they're also a little cheaper.

^^^ I agree - although I had to search a bit for tips which were comfortable, sealed well, and that inserted deep enough that the X5 didn't slip out while sleeping.

Oddly - the Tennmak Pro, while being much larger, is thin enough - and, with a correctly sized tip, provides a really comfortable and sound-sealed fit for sleeping.

I personally don't find even lower profile IEMs of the same thin-ness as Tennmak Pros quite right for sleeping. Even my SHE3595's stick out a little too much.

May 21, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #9,109 of 33,689
I'll keep those in mind. Don't look quite as compact as the others, but they're also a little cheaper.

I personally don't find even lower profile IEMs of the same thin-ness as Tennmak Pros quite right for sleeping. Even my SHE3595's stick out a little too much.

I've got nice big ears... :ksc75smile:

May 21, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #9,116 of 33,689
So, I've ordered ZS5 today. I've been out for some time.
Anyone got them and can share thoughts?
Sorry if this was answered already, not that I'm lazy but hard to do proper research with full time shift work and 3 month old baby in the bouse
Thanks

May 21, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #9,119 of 33,689
Any further impressions? I'd like some really small IEMs to have in when asleep and I've seen those on Ali a few times. Specifically, how is the build?

Build is fantastic. Not many parts to them so there's very little to go wrong. Next to no plastic used, except the chin cinch. Fit and finish is top notch. Same cable as the MusicMaker TW1 which has proven to be quite durable. Sound signature focuses on mids and treble. Bass is boosted only a little bit; will be lacking for many I'm sure. Technical performance is solid too. I like them best at low volumes.

This looks interesting:
AK Original VJJB K2 In Ear Earphone Hifi 7mm Dynamic Magic Sound Earbuds Aluminum Alloy Tune Headset
http://s.aliexpress.com/3UvYruA3
(from AliExpress Android)

I'm a big fan of them;

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/vjjb-k2s.21527/reviews

Also, they have the specs wrong on that page. It's a 6mm driver.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #9,120 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back