Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 28, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #6,286 of 33,689
  Sorry for the crosspost but I feel this is important to share here too for the exposure

i gotta ask why the banned seller, who most find to be very customer-friendly, is still a non-person while this jagoff is still siphoning our hard-earned iem $$$....

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #6,287 of 33,689
  Finally received the UiiSii Hi905 and HM7. OOTB i must say the HM7 is really impressive for the price, good SQ with pretty good isolation. The Hi905 on the other hand seem like a pain in the ass to find the right fit. Luckily i received some comply tips i ordered and am using them now with it. Not as impressed as it is the most expensive chinese buds i paid for but i guess they need some burn in.

But as i am typing, the player played Bohemiam Rhapsody and i must say the Hi905 leans towards the bright side and its pretty clear. Maybe its still warming up lol.

Excited!

Yea, the Hi905 is more balanced and bright, but the 3D effect is awesome! Give it time....100 hours plus.
Cheers on your purchase! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #6,288 of 33,689
@1clearhead yeap, am burning them in and also brain burning them. Just listened to some Massive Attack - Black Milk and Theory of a Deadman - Hello Lonely and damn, just dope.

And i realised the HM7 has a nice smell, smells like a lady's perfume. But i am still having some issues with the fit for the Hi905. Currently using the comply tips as it gives the best isolation, but all other tips just felt "not right". Not that the comply is the right one but it sounds the best among all tips i have
triportsad.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #6,289 of 33,689

​For the Hi905 I had to use a larger tip than normal, insert them and twist upward.  This allowed them go deeper into my ear canal, I then wear the cable over ear.  Wearing the cable over ear was the only way I was able to get a good seal with these.  Once you get them sealed and get used to the treble the detail and sound stage is amazing.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6,290 of 33,689
  Because for an actual basshead who amps and uses heavy EQ, that's not enough bass still. 
wink.gif

i'll be reviewing them shortly so i'll post it here in case you care to see it then.

Definitely post here. I've been a long time basshead going as far as employing the digizoid ZO2 and other such boosting in the past. The DZAT DT-05 sounds great when you nudge the bass up a smidge too. Gobs of low, the kind you can feel moving air inside your ear canal. 

I look forward to hearing more about the Rose though. Always on the lookout for a good bassy IEM that still sounds good in the rest of the spectrum.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #6,291 of 33,689

​For the Hi905 I had to use a larger tip than normal, insert them and twist upward.  This allowed them go deeper into my ear canal, I then wear the cable over ear.  Wearing the cable over ear was the only way I was able to get a good seal with these.  Once you get them sealed and get used to the treble the detail and sound stage is amazing.

Thanks bro! It did helped with getting a better seal. I am not a treble shy person hence the experience thus far is really good, listening to some Al Green - Sha La La now and damn i feel like swaying now
L3000.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #6,293 of 33,689

The Coulax has arrived!  From very initial impressions it reminds me a bit of the KZ ZST, and I'd say a bit better but I have only had it in my ears a few minutes and it's way too early to make comparisons.  By IEM standards it's by no means bassy, but does have solid bass that does not get in the way of the vocals.  The vocals are not so forward to the point where they'd be a vocal based IEM, but don't feel lacking in any way at all, maybe kind of neutral.  I haven't heard any indication that these have strong treble, so hopefully won't cause any discomfort for those with sensitivity.  I'd say details are decent as well as directionality, and doesn't feel difficult to point out instrument location in orchestral work.

As far as the physical aspects, I'd say comfort is reasonable enough coming from someone who constantly has comfort issues with IEMs.  The cable as a whole is thin with a straight jack, so some might find it unappealing.  It's designed for cable down, and the microphone/remote which reminds me of the Xiaomi remote would be behind your ear if worn over ear.  Included tips are typical SML of both the regular and foam materials, so some options are available.  However, there are no bi or tri flange tips, so anyone who prefers those are out of luck.  The case that's included was certainly thinner than I was lead to believe, being more of an envelope to put your IEMs in, so unfortunately the hope of a great case isn't so, but it's still a nice quality to it, better than most I've found included with earbuds or IEMs.

Keep us updated, especially vs. KZ ZST (and maybe **** 4in1).

I'm horribly insensitive to treble, so it takes something like the **** PT15 for me to even notice it's hot, and even then it doesn't begin to cause me discomfort.  So I do hope it's not overkill, but I didn't hear any specific indications it might be the case.

Earwax?

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #6,294 of 33,689

Sorry for the crosspost but I feel this is important to share here too for the exposure

i gotta ask why the banned seller, who most find to be very customer-friendly, is still a non-person while this jagoff is still siphoning our hard-earned iem $$$....

Absolutely agree. I bought at HotFi once and never again. I don't trust him anymore.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,295 of 33,689

Customer friendly yes, competent no. I'm assuming my recent problems with him/her aren't deceit though.

Four or five orders placed, all issued with ref no.s and when I chased, I was assured they all been sent. Only to get an instant refund when I opened a dispute a few weeks later.

Even Aliexpress themselves are a shower of unmentionables.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #6,297 of 33,689
Being on a budget, the Chi-Fi revolution has rekindled a love for music that I had lost - and have even given up on getting back due to my constant disappointment with budget brand names. I really do owe so much to the beloved Knowledge Zenith (and this forum and the very informative threads and reviews)

That said, learning that it is possible to get quality sound without going broke, I admit to getting a bit hooked up on that exciting feeling of new discoveries. My first KZ ATE-S blew me away, then the ZS2, and finally the ZS3 (which I'll love to death probably). But then I got to compiling a list of IEMs I'd still like to try in that price point - there was the Tennmak Pro, and the ZST (since I haven't tried a hybrid), and the Urbanfun, to name a few on that made the top of my wishlist.

I was very soon getting to the threshold of becoming an IEM collector and not a music listener, and since collecting is not what I want at all, I've decided to skip all these and get "one IEM to rule them all" (at a price point where I thought I would still be truly getting a bang for my buck) and now I can declare I'm a very happy user of the PMV A-01 Mk. II. I went for the PMV because of user recommendations and the stellar reviews here, and on other sites.

As with any opinion of mine, I must put out a disclaimer: I'm a complete beginner in this, fairly inexperienced. But yeah, I really find the PMV that good. I don't think the bass is too much, or in any way or shape lacking. I did however find them a tad on the bright side, but definitely not in excess. And after some time (physical burn-in, or brain-burn in, or both) they hit an even sweeter spot. They are a sensitive IEM, though, and I suspect that their impedance must be lower than the declared 16 Ohms. I'm totally digging their sound, though. Have been revisiting my music collection, and it's been putting smiles on my face constantly since last week when I got them, and will continue to do so
normal_smile .gif

I've also got them from the banned seller on Ali. They shipped it fast, arrived in exactly 15 days to Croatia, so I can't complain at all.

EDIT: I'm still eagerly keeping an eye on KZ ZSR!

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #6,299 of 33,689

Customer friendly yes, competent no. I'm assuming my recent problems with him/her aren't deceit though.

Four or five orders placed, all issued with ref no.s and when I chased, I was assured they all been sent. Only to get an instant refund when I opened a dispute a few weeks later.

Even Aliexpress themselves are a shower of unmentionables.

Its true that Aliexpress is quite shady.
A few of my friends have been scammed there or had to fight with scammers from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back