Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #6,272 of 33,689
My MEMT X5's showed up today, even though the Tracking Number still shows them in Customs Sorting in China!

First impression is favorable - after changing tips. None of the supplied tips worked for me.

Like how small they are and the magnetic/stick feature is nice, certainly sound like they cost more than they did.

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #6,274 of 33,689
My MEMT X5 showed up last Friday only not to my house but to my next door neighbors who signed for them according to the USPS. Gonna be interesting to find out tomorrow why they haven't brought them to me yet. Things that make ya go hmmm.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #6,275 of 33,689
My MEMT X5 showed up last Friday only not to my house but to my next door neighbors who signed for them according to the USPS. Gonna be interesting to find out tomorrow why they haven't brought them to me yet. Things that make ya go hmmm.

Yup, they're being used and abused!....I'm sure your neighbor is taking good care of them, though.
biggrin.gif

My MEMT X5's showed up today, even though the Tracking Number still shows them in Customs Sorting in China!

First impression is favorable - after changing tips. None of the supplied tips worked for me.

Like how small they are and the magnetic/stick feature is nice, certainly sound like they cost more than they did.

Cheers!

Give it time....they'll grow on you like you can't even imagine! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Nah, Tao Bao pic. + Senior moment.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Haha, I think the MEMT company is having a senior moment calling them "rose gold".
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers, TWIN!
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #6,278 of 33,689
Yup, they're being used and abused!....I'm sure your neighbor is taking good care of them, though. :D

Give it time....they'll grow on you like you can't even imagine! Cheers! :beerchug:

Haha, I think the MEMT company is having a senior moment calling them "rose gold". :ksc75smile:
Cheers, TWIN! :beerchug:  

Yea Clear, makes me wonder if this is what happened to my first pair of A2 that was supposedly delivered by usps but I never got them...I will be knocking on their door at 8am tomorrow morning!

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #6,279 of 33,689
Sorry for the crosspost but I feel this is important to share here too for the exposure

AliExpress seller Hot-Fi messaged me today asking why I was mad at Puresounds. After explaining I had no idea what the heck they were talking about, they referred to my review of the PS100-600. Then they asked me to post a message saying AliExpress store HCK told me to make a bad review (does this make ANY sense?). Considering I didn't get my Puresounds from them, this is extremely bizarre 
blink.gif

They then offered me free items to write reviews on Head-Fi saying HCK was telling buyers to leave bad reviews on Hot-Fi's items.... WHAT?! I said NO of course. Anyone who knows me knows I am not bought off like this.

After this rather.... strange... interaction i went to check Hot-Fi store to see what they had in terms of earbuds. The only sell one DIY bud (300 ohms) and the Puresounds range. As Puresounds has been gaining popularity I wanted to recommend anyone who considers buying one... maybe avoid Hot-Fi.

This whole bizarre and unprompted  puts me off doing business with Hot-Fi and leaves a weird but uncomfortable feeling about Puresounds. 

(For those who have not seen my Puresounds PS100-600 review, I gave it 3.5 stars, specifically saying in the review I would probably rate it a whole star higher if the price was under $100. I made it very clear I could not give it above a 4 star rating at the $140 price.)

(Quick update: I have contacted Aliexpress customer support about this. I gave them permission to read my conversation log with Hot-Fi and they agree it is problematic. If anyone wants proof of my conversation with Hot-Fi or Aliexpress please ask, i am happy to share.)

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #6,280 of 33,689
Finally received the UiiSii Hi905 and HM7. OOTB i must say the HM7 is really impressive for the price, good SQ with pretty good isolation. The Hi905 on the other hand seem like a pain in the ass to find the right fit. Luckily i received some comply tips i ordered and am using them now with it. Not as impressed as it is the most expensive chinese buds i paid for but i guess they need some burn in.

But as i am typing, the player played Bohemiam Rhapsody and i must say the Hi905 leans towards the bright side and its pretty clear. Maybe its still warming up lol.

Excited!

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #6,283 of 33,689
  Excellent. Looking forward to your impressions!

beerchug.gif

The Coulax has arrived!  From very initial impressions it reminds me a bit of the KZ ZST, and I'd say a bit better but I have only had it in my ears a few minutes and it's way too early to make comparisons.  By IEM standards it's by no means bassy, but does have solid bass that does not get in the way of the vocals.  The vocals are not so forward to the point where they'd be a vocal based IEM, but don't feel lacking in any way at all, maybe kind of neutral.  I haven't heard any indication that these have strong treble, so hopefully won't cause any discomfort for those with sensitivity.  I'd say details are decent as well as directionality, and doesn't feel difficult to point out instrument location in orchestral work.

As far as the physical aspects, I'd say comfort is reasonable enough coming from someone who constantly has comfort issues with IEMs.  The cable as a whole is thin with a straight jack, so some might find it unappealing.  It's designed for cable down, and the microphone/remote which reminds me of the Xiaomi remote would be behind your ear if worn over ear.  Included tips are typical SML of both the regular and foam materials, so some options are available.  However, there are no bi or tri flange tips, so anyone who prefers those are out of luck.  The case that's included was certainly thinner than I was lead to believe, being more of an envelope to put your IEMs in, so unfortunately the hope of a great case isn't so, but it's still a nice quality to it, better than most I've found included with earbuds or IEMs.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #6,284 of 33,689

The Coulax has arrived!  From very initial impressions it reminds me a bit of the KZ ZST, and I'd say a bit better but I have only had it in my ears a few minutes and it's way too early to make comparisons.  By IEM standards it's by no means bassy, but does have solid bass that does not get in the way of the vocals.  The vocals are not so forward to the point where they'd be a vocal based IEM, but don't feel lacking in any way at all, maybe kind of neutral.  I haven't heard any indication that these have strong treble, so hopefully won't cause any discomfort for those with sensitivity.  I'd say details are decent as well as directionality, and doesn't feel difficult to point out instrument location in orchestral work.

As far as the physical aspects, I'd say comfort is reasonable enough coming from someone who constantly has comfort issues with IEMs.  The cable as a whole is thin with a straight jack, so some might find it unappealing.  It's designed for cable down, and the microphone/remote which reminds me of the Xiaomi remote would be behind your ear if worn over ear.  Included tips are typical SML of both the regular and foam materials, so some options are available.  However, there are no bi or tri flange tips, so anyone who prefers those are out of luck.  The case that's included was certainly thinner than I was lead to believe, being more of an envelope to put your IEMs in, so unfortunately the hope of a great case isn't so, but it's still a nice quality to it, better than most I've found included with earbuds or IEMs.

Awesome thanks for the info! Well it's still very early as you said but so far it seems promising. I like the fact that the bass is not too full OOTB and glad it doesn't have the infamous cheap hybrid hot treble.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #6,285 of 33,689
  Awesome thanks for the info! Well it's still very early as you said but so far it seems promising. I like the fact that the bass is not too full OOTB and glad it doesn't have the infamous cheap hybrid hot treble.

I'm horribly insensitive to treble, so it takes something like the **** PT15 for me to even notice it's hot, and even then it doesn't begin to cause me discomfort.  So I do hope it's not overkill, but I didn't hear any specific indications it might be the case.

Also, the envelope is a real pain to get the IEM in, so I'd probably not bother with using it much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back