Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #6,241 of 33,689

Thanks for saving me. I canceled my payment and my second order cancellation. I'm staying far away from these Memt X5  ear buds, no matter how good or bad they sound. I'll buy the UrbanFun's instead.

The earbuds are the Memt X3, as far as I know only myself and Saoshyant have ordered these. We'll see how mine turn out, the feedback I saw on the X3 seller on Aliexpress were very positive so hopefully just a one off.

The Memt X5 are the IEMs. The X5 bass is fairly full on but no more intense than say the KZ ZS3s, there's a lot of detail and clarity to offset this bass though. Normally I prefer a more balanced sound but I really like these X5s.

The only negative for me is the cable is fairly stiff, even if it's really nice, so wearing them overear is a challenge.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,242 of 33,689

I really enjoy a decent amount of bass in headphones, but if it is bassy then I think that it is very important that it is quick, because otherwise it sounds intrusive and masks the other frequencies too much. I think the MEMT sounds rather boomy, and with very recessed mid-range, which is what makes them sound unnatural to my ears. Had the bass been a bit tighter, and the high frequencies toned down a bit, then I think I would have enjoyed these quite a lot.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #6,243 of 33,689

Horses for courses I guess 
biggrin.gif
 I prefer some sub-bass in the mix which faster bass earphones seem to lose. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #6,246 of 33,689
I really enjoy a decent amount of bass in headphones, but if it is bassy then I think that it is very important that it is quick, because otherwise it sounds intrusive and masks the other frequencies too much. I think the MEMT sounds rather boomy, and with very recessed mid-range, which is what makes them sound unnatural to my ears. Had the bass been a bit tighter, and the high frequencies toned down a bit, then I think I would have enjoyed these quite a lot.

Weird, i don't find the mids to be recessed at all. In fact when A/Bing them with some definitely v shaped earphones like the xiaomi pro hds the vocals were much more prominent in the X5s.

I love the bass on the X5s but do agree it is very elevated.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #6,247 of 33,689
Well I have the 1more triple drivers. I paid 60 and I am happy.

THIS what it is all about. Finding something that you are happy with. Remember this forum is about personal opinions. There is nothing written in stone as Sound perception is a highly personal subjective thing. If you like the equipment you have you are much better off than the rest of us crazies who keep spending $$$ in search of the tone they hear in their heads.

Personally I blame the Chinese for they keep making improvements weekly to IEMs.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #6,248 of 33,689
Just demoed a pair of VSD5S at my local store yesterday and it was an instabuy. To my surprised the pairs doesn't exhibit any sibilance (not to the annoying level at least). Other than the lacklusting bass everything from this pair is exceptional for the price (though it get some used to as there seems to be a dip in FR response somewhere in the high-mid, it does make inferior recording much more tolerable). Packaging is nice, build quality aren't exceptional but quite decent, the plastic joint in the housing is much more seamless than the last iteration, the cable is pretty good, and the iem feels comfortable to wear.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #6,250 of 33,689
Are there any acoustic instrument musicians on the forum?

Have any of them given their impressions of how the different headphones / earphones / earbuds sound when playing their own music files - compared to hearing the acoustic instruments live in their recording space?

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #6,252 of 33,689

Curious what about them justifies the $70 price when you can get something like the DZAT DT05 for less than half that and get more bass than you could ever need.

Because for an actual basshead who amps and uses heavy EQ, that's not enough bass still. 
wink.gif

i'll be reviewing them shortly so i'll post it here in case you care to see it then.

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #6,254 of 33,689
Following on from the disappointment of my urbanfuns being delivered to the wrong address; a nice present has arrived today!

I never stop being surprised at the level of packaging, and these are no exception. Lovely box.

Cable is nice and thick and there's no cheapy plastic here; everything's metal (driver casing, y splitter and right angled jack).

I like the fact that the two earpieces are magnetic and "stick" together.

Really like the double flanged ear tips and they fit my ears perfectly. If they don't fit though, you're in trouble as all the included tips look the same size.( edit: they're all slightly different with slightly being the operative word. There are S M and L.)

With a brief listen they sound WAY above their price. Nice wide soundstage lovely treble and thundering bass that isn't muddy. Can't wait to listen more.

Take a bow @1clearhead

What a find!

Glad you liked them.
etysmile.gif

Yea, the default double-flanges are more like a medium size and they should have inlcuded a large size for those needing a slightly larger fit. With the double-flanges they sound incredibly balanced, so with that said, those that swap for single-flanges ear tips might experience more bass. So, best scenario is to get large aftermarket double-flange ear tips to maintain that consistaincy and great balance coming out of these.

We have a disease. 

So, we are all contaminated! .....haha, we are zombie nation!
ksc75smile.gif

THIS what it is all about. Finding something that you are happy with. Remember this forum is about personal opinions. There is nothing written in stone as Sound perception is a highly personal subjective thing. If you like the equipment you have you are much better off than the rest of us crazies who keep spending $$$ in search of the tone they hear in their heads.

Personally I blame the Chinese for they keep making improvements weekly to IEMs.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

+1 ....I live among them.
biggrin.gif

@1clearhead @toddy0191

My batch of MEMT X5s have arrived. First impressions are very very good. Bright, punchy sound. I like!

Good to hear! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back