Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #466 of 33,689
  So, i have an update on the 4in1s.  I decided to give them to my friend the 4in1s.  I bought this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-Snakeskin-Line-With-MMCX-for-Shure-SE215-SE846-SE535-UE900-Headset-Audio/32707286906.html because it has a mic.  The cable was ok until he started using them.  The L side came out of the sleeve and no longer works. 

I then go to switch MMCX on the **** and as i disconnect the cable the connector from the ear phone pops out...build quality suspect?

Oh, this is so bad!

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #467 of 33,689
  So, i have an update on the 4in1s.  I decided to give them to my friend the 4in1s.  I bought this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-Snakeskin-Line-With-MMCX-for-Shure-SE215-SE846-SE535-UE900-Headset-Audio/32707286906.html because it has a mic.  The cable was ok until he started using them.  The L side came out of the sleeve and no longer works. 

I then go to switch MMCX on the **** and as i disconnect the cable the connector from the ear phone pops out...build quality suspect?

So sad bro,:flushed::cry:

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #468 of 33,689
  I bought the YHS 002 at the same time as the **** 4in1. I think @hakuzen said they were comparable. Plus it supposedly included a good mic/remote MMCX cable. I'm glad I got it. It really is equal to the 4in1 in sound quality, it gets a better, non-recessed midrange vs. 4in1, but looses a little bit of soundstage, comparatively. Both have exceptional treble and bass extension, quality, and separation. For those who think the 4in1 is a bit bright, then the YHS 002 might be a better choice. It is also a more natural fit for me, similar in fit and shape to the Tennmak Piano. I could easily see people split in opinions whether YHS 002 or **** 4in1 is better. The 4in1 also has both slightly more bass, and more accurate bass than the HLSX 808, but even more V-shaped.

I have both. I think they are the same sound quality, but where I feel the UES has slightly less bass than I would prefer, with 4in1 just right, the UES has midrange just right, but 4in1 has slightly less midrange level than I'd prefer.

Thank you for you comparison.
How would you describe the ergonomics of the cable you got with the YHS 002. Is it supple enough?is it annoyingly springy? Does it have memory wires?

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #469 of 33,689
Recently got the Tennmak Pro with the SPC upgrade cable using the Xiaomi Piston 3 Medium tips.

With the Xiaomi tips(it has a wider bore than the stock tips), the bass got reduced in quantity but same quality. Mids and Treble became more present.
Details slightly better. 

I don't know it this is a placebo effect or it really is an upgrade but with the upgraded cable, details and instrument separation was made even better.
Mids became clearer, more sparkle in the treble. Bass became tighter and controlled. 

With this set up, the warm tennmak pro became neutral with a slight warm tilt with good sub bass.
Got these September 24, 9am(GMT +8). Not fully burned it yet.

I've had mine since August and they are the one iem I've had where burn in seems to have had the biggest affect. I'm also using a silver plated cable with them and share your observations.

Can't sing their praises enough!

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #470 of 33,689
I can't believe I didn't notice the difference in bass response when I tried the AE foam tips that don't slide all the way to the housing.  I just tried them again and my issue with the bass being too light is fully corrected.  I liked the XE800 even with the lighter bass, but with the right tips I'm now very happy.  I don't have any of the current FOTM IEMs like the **** 4in1, but I'd be surprised if they surpass the XE800 with the right tips.  

Eventually, I'm going to have to try the tips you linked in your other post.  I'm so partial to foams.  I'm really happy with the AE foams that are knock off complys, generally. 

Much thanks for suggesting that I should be able to get more bass with these. 

With the large tips with the smaller view the bass really comes out and the brightness gets settled a bit.Detail and sound quality are amazing at this price. Had them on for four hours last night, couldn't take them off, couldn't go to sleep..lol sub bass even snuck is head out. I think my brain is also adjusting to the sound signature...Very happy with these...

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #471 of 33,689
With the large tips with the smaller view the bass really comes out and the brightness gets settled a bit.Detail and sound quality are amazing at this price. Had them on for four hours last night, couldn't take them off, couldn't go to sleep..lol sub bass even snuck is head out. I think my brain is also adjusting to the sound signature...Very happy with these...

I was listening to them earlier tonight and was impressed with the separation and depth of soundstage they can produce.  The housings are very comfortable.  I've been wearing them down, but may try wearing them over-ear to see if I can minimize some of the cable microphonics I'm struggling with.  May have to get a clip to secure the cable. 

They sound better than my UM3X which is much more expensive.  Still like the balanced armature IEM for their isolation.  Detail in the midrange is especially impressive with the XE800, and that's the most important quality for me in an IEM, with bass quality being second.  I've been toying with the idea of buying another pair as a backup.  It's funny because I've wanted a GR07 for years and just didn't get around to it.   

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #472 of 33,689

I was listening to them earlier tonight and was impressed with the separation and depth of soundstage they can produce.  The housings are very comfortable.  I've been wearing them down, but may try wearing them over-ear to see if I can minimize some of the cable microphonics I'm struggling with.  May have to get a clip to secure the cable. 

They sound better than my UM3X which is much more expensive.  Still like the balanced armature IEM for their isolation.  Detail in the midrange is especially impressive with the XE800, and that's the most important quality for me in an IEM, with bass quality being second.  I've been toying with the idea of buying another pair as a backup.  It's funny because I've wanted a GR07 for years and just didn't get around to it.   

How about it compared to ATE?

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #474 of 33,689

How about it compared to ATE?

The ATE has so much more bass and warmer mids that it's a tough comparison.  The XE800 are neutral.  I just got done reading Joker's review of the GR07 classic and I imagine that it would be useful for those considering the XE800.

I still prefer the ATE for music like Hip Hop or EDM and a lot of rock because they sound closer to full sized headphones because of their bigger bass.  I think you could find a few IEMs that would give you something close to the ATE signature in their price range (ED9/ZS3), but I'm doubtful whether there are many neutral options that can compete with the XE800 for under $20.

Right now I use the ATE for the gym and and the XE800 for more critical listening.    

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #475 of 33,689
I made the mistake of A/Bing the 4in1 against some almost $1000 ciems today. Revealed some shortcomings. 4in1 still came out well...but can't compete in most areas..

What exactly are those shortcomings. How is **** imaging compared to those. Also what iem under 90$ comes close to those 1000$ iems u have in terms of bass, soundstage and imaging and highs.

Has anyone compared 4in1 to tenmark pro (burned).

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #476 of 33,689

Thank you for you comparison.
How would you describe the ergonomics of the cable you got with the YHS 002. Is it supple enough?is it annoyingly springy? Does it have memory wires?

The cable with the YHS 002 is the same as the cable on the Musicmaker KK-Ting that I have (other than the mic on the 002), which looks identical to the cable Musicmaker uses on the Shockwave III and many other Musicmaker IEMs. It seems very good, none of the tangle annoyance like KZ standard cables are infamous for.

Separately, the Musicmaker KK-Ting is just short of the rightly respected 4in1 in details, but is better balanced for a few dollars less. I'm not one to post a lot to develop hype. (I also don't hear a difference in soundstage depth vs width, so I'm not, and won't ever appear to be a pro-reviewer.)

This also brings to mind how many Musicmaker IEMs I might have purchased due to hype if they had a mic to use them with a phone, but instead, I only have one awesome one that was sent to me by accident when I actually ordered a different IEM.

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #477 of 33,689
What exactly are those shortcomings. How is **** imaging compared to those. Also what iem under 90$ comes close to those 1000$ iems u have in terms of bass, soundstage and imaging and highs.

Has anyone compared 4in1 to tenmark pro (burned).

The 4in1 has significantly deeper and more prominent subbass, a little better and more precise upper mids and treble, but the 4in1 has a more recessed midrange compared to the Pro. It might bother some enough to prefer the Tennmak Pro. For me, the YHS 002 is the best of both.

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #478 of 33,689
The cable with the YHS 002 is the same as the cable on the Musicmaker KK-Ting that I have (other than the mic on the 002), which looks identical to the cable Musicmaker uses on the Shockwave III and many other Musicmaker IEMs. It seems very good, none of the tangle annoyance like KZ standard cables are infamous for.

Separately, the Musicmaker KK-Ting is just short of the rightly respected 4in1 in details, but is better balanced for a few dollars less. I'm not one to post a lot to develop hype. (I also don't hear a difference in soundstage depth vs width, so I'm not, and won't ever appear to be a pro-reviewer.)

This also brings to mind how many Musicmaker IEMs I might have purchased due to hype if they had a mic to use them with a phone, but instead, I only have one awesome one that was sent to me by accident when I actually ordered a different IEM.

Didn't realize you had the KK-Ting. More details on them? Patiently awaiting mine

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #480 of 33,689

Whoa, slow your roll there honcho! Lol I also own the um3x and while I respect everyone's opinion I would have to differ on that one, with all due respect. The XE800 are fantastic for their price and getting better with more playing time the um3x are playing in an entirely different league with different equipment and a different sound signature. However I will respect your right to hear differently..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back