Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #10,636 of 33,689
That's what's confusing about it. Don't see how they could have two dynamic drivers in there as the exploded assembly view gives no hints of where that second driver might be??

71JWUtVpEoL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #10,637 of 33,689
That's what's confusing about it. Don't see how they could have two dynamic drivers in there as the exploded assembly view gives no hints of where that second driver might be??

71JWUtVpEoL._SL1200_.jpg

In the Marketing copywriter's mind? :wink:

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #10,638 of 33,689
Just received my KZ ZSE, and just comparing them with the Yinjw P8, I think the ZSE wipes the floor with the P8 in terms of overall sound quality. The only area where I think the P8 I think comes out on top is bass quantity.

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #10,639 of 33,689
Just received my KZ ZSE, and just comparing them with the Yinjw P8, I think the ZSE wipes the floor with the P8 in terms of overall sound quality. The only area where I think the P8 I think comes out on top is bass quantity.

Nice! ZSE=$6

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #10,640 of 33,689

Probably a play on words for marketing sake.

R side = 1 driver, L side = 1 driver.

1+1="two dynamic drivers".

Similar to how manufacturers are marketing their IEMs as "6 drivers", when it's really 3 drivers on each side.

Aug 12, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #10,641 of 33,689
  • Well , the certainly could learn something from the other brands who are very clear about what the configuration is on their earphones.
    Such KZ's ZS5 that says 2BA + 2DD, and its on each piece. Or 1More Design that states it as a total of how many drivers they have on each side. Triple Driver being 3 on each earphone side and Quad being 4 on each earphone side.

Sneaky and 'clever' marketing only gets you the customer once.

Polished but genuine marketing gets you the customer for keeps if the product lives up to it.

I seriously don't understand why so many companies do not go by latter idea.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #10,642 of 33,689
  • Well , the certainly could learn something from the other brands who are very clear about what the configuration is on their earphones.
    Such KZ's ZS5 that says 2BA + 2DD, and its on each piece. Or 1More Design that states it as a total of how many drivers they have on each side. Triple Driver being 3 on each earphone side and Quad being 4 on each earphone side.

Sneaky and 'clever' marketing only gets you the customer once.

Polished but genuine marketing gets you the customer for keeps if the product lives up to it.

I seriously don't understand why so many companies do not go by latter idea.
A lot of the time it's simply inaccurate or poor translations, not necessarily shady marketing, although that does exist of course.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #10,643 of 33,689
Sorry, can't resist but to post this here. It's too funny. :ksc75smile:

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #10,645 of 33,689
This is really good to know, since I was ready to pull the trigger on the P8 for it's 3 driver set-up. :disappointed_relieved:

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #10,648 of 33,689
in view of the pending nuclear holocaust, my buying moratorium has lifted--just got the "ADAX 5-40hz" for $16 on amazon. quite a find--the latest of a seemingly endlessly-evolving group of bright, big-sounding cheap dynamics. will be posting initial impressions shortly on vidal's website, asian provocative ear.
to which end, those of you that frequent said website ought to consider skipping a beer or latte and donating a pound or two in order to finance the continuing discovery/review process--to avoid potential bias from freebie review samples, all the budget iems there are self-financed

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #10,650 of 33,689
:frowning2:

I'm awaiting the arrival of my P8s. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back