Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #10,651 of 33,689
  • Well , the certainly could learn something from the other brands who are very clear about what the configuration is on their earphones.
    Such KZ's ZS5 that says 2BA + 2DD, and its on each piece. Or 1More Design that states it as a total of how many drivers they have on each side. Triple Driver being 3 on each earphone side and Quad being 4 on each earphone side.

Sneaky and 'clever' marketing only gets you the customer once.

Polished but genuine marketing gets you the customer for keeps if the product lives up to it.

I seriously don't understand why so many companies do not go by latter idea.

Great point. You burn a customer once, you never sell to them again.

You make a customer happy, they're loyal. And even if they themselves don't buy more product from you, the word of mouth gets out from them that your product is good, and others will buy based on that word of mouth.

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #10,652 of 33,689
Regarding the dual-diaphragm comments, that's a real thing. Basically two diaphragms sandwiched into one unit. Not a dual-driver but not really a single driver either. The Fischer Audio Dubliz Enhanced uses the same tech. Here's an image of the construction of a dual diaphragm driver from an older Radius product;

1559560.jpg

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #10,653 of 33,689
:frowning2:

I'm awaiting the arrival of my P8s. :frowning2:

Don't worry too much. You may like them. My biggest issue with them is that to my ears the entire soundscape produced by them exists behind a thick veil. Maybe they stuffed too much damping foam or something down the nozzle? I'm not sure as I don't think the screens are particularly easy to remove to check. Minus this veil, they would actually be pretty good. In a vacuum they might sound just fine, but I know what the music I listen to sounds like with my other IEMs, and in relation to those, that's where the P8 starts to really disappoint.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #10,654 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler : I was gonna post that but when I saw the Amazon listing said moving iron in addition to Graphene driver(dual diaphragm or otherwise) this...
" combined with one mid deep range double diaphragm which brings deep bass and one moving iron driver which brings ultra clear sound for high frequency part of music" ...so it is indeed still talking about a second driver but not showing it.

One needs to find more pics(or buy one) and see if there is something in the bore. One driver or two.

Though the point of Graphene is big time treble performance so not sure about adding armatures. Maxell is doing it right seemingly with high end treble out of one Graphene coated driver and the new top Graphene model will still be one Graphene driver. TFZ doing well too with single Graphene but they don't sound like they can run with the Maxell GD200.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #10,655 of 33,689
Hey campers.

I've been out of the iem scene for a year or two, just been enjoying my CKR9's which have served me well.

Now I'm getting frisky and fancy a change: either an upgrade (could spend $100 I guess) or just something different (I.e. cheap).

I listen to rock, movie and anime OST and chillwave type stuff like Carpenter Brut which I guess counts as EDM? The CKR9's quick, extended bass is just fantastic but I find the upper mids to be a bit shouty.

The KZ ZS5 seems to be the standout in bargainland at the mo, but I'm not sure if I might be better off spending more for something a bit more refined.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #10,656 of 33,689
Hi guys. does anyone have any experience with the K300s? I haven't been able to find much in-depth information on them, but they appear to get fairly good reviews. Was looking at a pair of Monks for beater earbuds, but if these are a nice enough upgrade, I wouldn't mind spending a little more.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07283DPRT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3LEV6PK1RMB9Q&psc=1

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...hms-Earbud-Flat-Head/1825606_32783590564.html

You can pick out a tiny bit more precision but you have to look really hard for it. I wouldn't consider them a significant step up.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #10,657 of 33,689
Hey campers.

I've been out of the iem scene for a year or two, just been enjoying my CKR9's which have served me well.

Now I'm getting frisky and fancy a change: either an upgrade (could spend $100 I guess) or just something different (I.e. cheap).

I listen to rock, movie and anime OST and chillwave type stuff like Carpenter Brut which I guess counts as EDM? The CKR9's quick, extended bass is just fantastic but I find the upper mids to be a bit shouty.

The KZ ZS5 seems to be the standout in bargainland at the mo, but I'm not sure if I might be better off spending more for something a bit more refined.

Pioneer CH9T

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #10,660 of 33,689
I've had a look and can only find a couple of Amazon reviews for these, they seem to be a secret!
@jant71 I believe did a review and he's the one who got me to order them. I love them. I let @slowpickr borrow my pair and he really enjoyed them too

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #10,661 of 33,689
They look like rebranded zst

considering it's MMCX instead of 2-pin I'm thinking it's just using the same shell.

I dunno though, I'm starting to think there's such a glut of sub-$30 chi-fi IEMs that finding any that are worth a damn is proving difficult, and most are just throwing bulk OEM drivers randomly into a shell.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #10,662 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler : I was gonna post that but when I saw the Amazon listing said moving iron in addition to Graphene driver(dual diaphragm or otherwise) this...
" combined with one mid deep range double diaphragm which brings deep bass and one moving iron driver which brings ultra clear sound for high frequency part of music" ...so it is indeed still talking about a second driver but not showing it.

One needs to find more pics(or buy one) and see if there is something in the bore. One driver or two.

Though the point of Graphene is big time treble performance so not sure about adding armatures. Maxell is doing it right seemingly with high end treble out of one Graphene coated driver and the new top Graphene model will still be one Graphene driver. TFZ doing well too with single Graphene but they don't sound like they can run with the Maxell GD200.

I honestly couldn't find what earphone those posts were referring to. Being away for four days, you get behind a bit, haha. Sounded like people were just unsure about what a dual-diaphragm was so I threw the info out there :)

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #10,663 of 33,689
Regarding the dual-diaphragm comments, that's a real thing. Basically two diaphragms sandwiched into one unit. Not a dual-driver but not really a single driver either. The Fischer Audio Dubliz Enhanced uses the same tech. Here's an image of the construction of a dual diaphragm driver from an older Radius product;

1559560.jpg

Pretty sweet.

I have some triple diaphragm drivers I transplanted into headphones - they sound ridiculously good. Never seen triples in an IEM though; only dual.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #10,665 of 33,689
Anyone here try these? I was browsing ebay and saw these and went for em.
009-700x700.jpg
BGVP DM5
  • BGVP DM5 adopts Physical Capacitance Three - frequency Tuning Technology: BGVP original patented technology with open cavity design, make the sound field to the best
  • Dual Knowels 30042 BA + Dual Graphene coaxial composite dynamic driver
  • MMCX pluggable interface: Effectively solve the headset cannot be used because of the problem, the shell using precision CNC machining and environment-friendly plating process, low-key is not mediocre.
  • Ergonomic design: Fit the ear, avoid prolonged wearing discomfort, distract the ear pressure, let you enjoy the fun of music
  • Using durable headset wire: Equipped with durable and enhanced headphone cable, while easy to replace the same time, but also take into account the durability of headphones
  • Wire control with Mic cable , It use 72-core single-share oxygen-free copper to build, double-encircling process shielding, Kelaf fiber, tensile and durable. Excellent oxygen-free copper can make the signal transmission more stable, so that the overall sound more balanced and hearable.
  • Silver-plated without mic cable , using a single share 18-core 0.05 oxygen-free copper silver-plated to make, 72 silver wires winding, silver plated can reduce the loss of current signal, provide a better sound source, restore the authenticity of music in a bigger limitation.
  • Comfortable to wear, reduce the wind noise and stethoscope effect, the passive noise reduction to do the best
Specification

• Model :BGVP DM5
  • Driver: 2 Balanced Armature + 2 Graphene Composite Dynamic Driver
  • Sensitivity: 120Db/mW
  • Impendence: 32ohm
  • Frequency response: 10 Hz - 40000 Hz
  • Cable Length: 1.2m
Package

• BGVP DM5 In-ear Earphone
  • 2 cables (1 without mic , 1 with mic)
  • 3 pairs of Silicone eartips(S/M/L)
  • 2 [pairs of Foam eartips
  • 2 pairs of transparent silicone eartips (S/L)
LOl. I just realized these are probably one BA and one dynamic drivers per side. The way they have it worded it looks like a quad driver set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back