Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #10,666 of 33,689
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #10,668 of 33,689
@jant71 I believe did a review and he's the one who got me to order them. I love them. I let @slowpickr borrow my pair and he really enjoyed them too

I picked up a pair of CH9T as well - really cheap too ($59 shipped from Amazon). Should be arriving any day, and I'm really looking forward to them based on the feedback I've read.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #10,669 of 33,689
it's like Christmas around here!

xZGCZR0.jpg

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #10,671 of 33,689
considering it's MMCX instead of 2-pin I'm thinking it's just using the same shell.

I dunno though, I'm starting to think there's such a glut of sub-$30 chi-fi IEMs that finding any that are worth a damn is proving difficult, and most are just throwing bulk OEM drivers randomly into a shell.
Yeah I realized that late last year...well more so that cheaper IEM's can be good but ~$100 is where you start to find the gems

Pioneer was great just to big, hurt my ears got ourart buds T 17's I think enter beautiful sound no in ear discomfort
Interesting, one of the most comfy IEMs I've had

Where do you get them for $100?
I got mine for $70 off Ebay. They go for in the ball park of $100. There is a used - like new pair on Amazon for $90

I picked up a pair of CH9T as well - really cheap too ($59 shipped from Amazon). Should be arriving any day, and I'm really looking forward to them based on the feedback I've read.
Wow, I thought I got a deal for $70 on eBay!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #10,672 of 33,689
Yeah I realized that late last year...well more so that cheaper IEM's can be good but ~$100 is where you start to find the gems

I got mine for $70 off Ebay. They go for in the ball park of $100. There is a used - like new pair on Amazon for $90

Guess I'll have to wait for a good sale. Anything with a reasonable price won't ship here and those that will want a ridiculous amount for shipping.:heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #10,673 of 33,689

That's my thinking, too. I really love the P1s and Quads, and I'm definitely curious what I can get in that area. I keep getting really close to one of the big ones.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #10,674 of 33,689

Yeah, I've been watching them for a while now. I was seeing prices $100-$160 (and even higher). So when I saw them for $59 I couldn't resist - and from an authorized Pioneer dealer to boot! The MMCX cable is worth at least half of the $59 lol

I just checked the same Amazon listing, and they shot up to $125. Yikes!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #10,675 of 33,689
Yeah, I've been watching them for a while now. I was seeing prices $100-$160 (and even higher). So when I saw them for $59 I couldn't resist - and from an authorized Pioneer dealer to boot! The MMCX cable is worth at least half of the $59 lol

I just checked the same Amazon listing, and they shot up to $125. Yikes!
Yeah unfortunately I've submitted them to gym use and the bottom portion of the cable is coming untwisted. I tried my AKG N40 cable and it wouldn't lock in place. I decided today that I love them so much I won't submit them to more gym abuse and ordered a pair of the Pioneer Ironman gym IEMs for $20. They will hopefully suit my needs fine given my experience with my CH9T & HRM-6, I'm turning into a Pioneer fanboy. Unfortunately I will have to hit the lotto to purchase the SE-Master1

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #10,676 of 33,689
Darn. The silver upgrade cable for the ZS5s has an issue. One of the plugs just falls out with the slightest movement. The fit is not tight and secure. Guess I'll have to put a dab of glue on it to keep it attached. :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #10,677 of 33,689
Yeah unfortunately I've submitted them to gym use and the bottom portion of the cable is coming untwisted. I tried my AKG N40 cable and it wouldn't lock in place. I decided today that I love them so much I won't submit them to more gym abuse and ordered a pair of the Pioneer Ironman gym IEMs for $20. They will hopefully suit my needs fine given my experience with my CH9T & HRM-6, I'm turning into a Pioneer fanboy. Unfortunately I will have to hit the lotto to purchase the SE-Master1

Man that's unfortunate. I reserve cheap IEMs like <$10 KZs for gym and exercise use. That way, if they get damaged from sweat or I get caught in a rainstorm I'm out no more than the cost of a Chipolte burrito or cup of coffee LOL

I will keep an eye on the cable coming untwisted though! Do you have any other MMCX cables you could try? Magaosi K3 Pro (which came with 2 cables), etc?

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #10,679 of 33,689
Darn. The silver upgrade cable for the ZS5s has an issue. One of the plugs just falls out with the slightest movement. The fit is not tight and secure. Guess I'll have to put a dab of glue on it to keep it attached. :frowning2:

Be sure to verify that the phase is correct before you go gluing anything!

You sure you have the rounded and flat parts lined up correctly on both the cable and IEM?

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #10,680 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back