Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 13, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #9,481 of 33,689
Sorry for confusion. I mean iems that are VERY highly regarded in this thread. Something like the KZ ZS5 beats monk plus while I feel KZ ZS3 which aren't extremely popular loses to them. JMO

Hmm, when listening to the Monk+ (coffe, ios) I ordered for my sister, I found them to be inferior to my top IEMs. At least in clarity.
But they might have redone them with the IOS version, or I got a dud because the first pair really impressed me.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #9,482 of 33,689
MEMT X6: looks and fits great. The sound does not do it for me though.

6546554.jpg

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #9,483 of 33,689
Hello guys.
I need some recommendations.

I'm looking for a sub $30 'heavy bass' earphone. It should have enhanced subbass, hopefully with rumble and warm forward clear vocals and mids if possible. I'm okay with bass overpowering rest of the frequencies just that the vocals should be audible in bassy parts, with reference to modern music.

I don't have a single earphone that I can consider bassy so was thinking of getting one. (Who knows, I may just be a closet basshead :D)

Right now looking at KZ zs3 and Xiaomi Hybrids 1st gen.
in addition to vidal's recs look at the tennmak dulcimer, which is very bassy w/very good clarity. the memt x5 is also a good pick

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #9,484 of 33,689
Hey all, I have gotten myself a TFZ exclusive 1 after much contemplation.
I am still not convinced with ' Chi-Fi'..To me it is still feel artificial..But nonetheless decided to try out for the sake of adding into my collection..Will do a basic review soon!

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #9,485 of 33,689
Hmm, when listening to the Monk+ (coffe, ios) I ordered for my sister, I found them to be inferior to my top IEMs. At least in clarity.
But they might have redone them with the IOS version, or I got a dud because the first pair really impressed me.
Hmm well in my case I feel my monk+ has a good ton of clarity, really impresses me from time to time whenever I use them. Its either clearer or as clear as a KZ ZST. I only have a non mic version though so cant comment about the IOS version.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #9,486 of 33,689
Hi everyone, I an looking for an upgrade to my tennmak crazy cello (because it is dying on me soon, the wire at the audio jack seems loose so occasionally there is little sound on the right side.) I love the sound signature of the crazy cellos. Fairly neutral with the frequency curve leaning towards the bass. But I felt detail retrieval and trebles could be better but at that price range there was nothing to complain. Went to a local audio store and tried the FLC8 (details were really good but there was a lack of bass to my preference) I tried the TFZ Balance 2 (the mids were beautiful but overpowering the other frequencies) I am considering KZ ZS5 and TFZ exclusive king but heard it has a bright signature so definitely a no go. Should I wait for the KZ ZSR Pro? I will also wait for the reviews on the TFZ Exclusive 5. Any more recommendations?

Hey rockingthearies, so does that mean that the Crazy Cello doesn't have a good build quality? I am eyeing this one as people from the Tennmak thread said that it has a good quality and the sound signature is fairly neutral with tight bass (mid bass IIRC).

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #9,487 of 33,689
For those looking for a good example of what I believe some people are calling "3D" sound on the KZ ZS5, check out While My Guitar Gently Weeps on the newly remastered version of The Beatles "White Album". In the right ear you'll hear the bass in front and the hi-hat "behind" it. Then in the left ear you hear the lead guitar forward and above, the piano behind the guitar and the voices are in the middle of the room directly in front of you. It's pretty awesome and a great example of soundstage and instrument separation.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #9,488 of 33,689
I'm looking for something in the $300-400 range that's a considerable upgrade to my current Tenmak Pros.

I'm thinking the Nicehck dz7 or dzx. Has anyone listened to these?

How does the Nicehck dz7 compare to the new dzx? They're both the 1DD+ 6BA drive unit

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #9,489 of 33,689
I'm looking for something in the $300-400 range that's a considerable upgrade to my current Tenmak Pros.

I'm thinking the Nicehck dz7 or dzx. Has anyone listened to these?

How does the Nicehck dz7 compare to the new dzx? They're both the 1DD+ 6BA drive unit

I have experience with the Gleam Audio 8 plus 1 and the 8BA (DZ9 and DZ8)
Havn't heard the dz7 though.
Here is a review I made on the DZ9, review link is in 1st comment
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/gleam-audio-nicehck-dz9-1-8-discussion-thread.820220/

DZ9 is mid forward and there is a veil just above the bass.
DZ8 is nicely balanced stage monitor with a huge stage and gets a big thumbs up. It has no dips or peaks that I can hear.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #9,490 of 33,689
Is anyone familiar with this headset or this company?
Edifier P230 In-ear Hifi Earphone Noise Cancelling Mobile Phone Earphones Stereo Bass Headset with Microphone for iphone xiaomi
http://s.aliexpress.com/2EVnMBBZ
(from AliExpress Android)
Edifier H297 HIFI Earphones Micro Tuning Technology Headset Customizable Eartips Noise Cancelling Earphone for iphone xiaomi
http://s.aliexpress.com/JzqMraQZ
(from AliExpress Android)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #9,492 of 33,689
I'm looking for a pair of U-IEM, price range 150-300€.
I tryed the 1more quad driver and I liked them a lot, is there anything better sounding in this price range (I mean really better).?
Sound preference:
Short answer: flat.
Long answer:
-Bass: I'm not a basshead but I'm used to Audeze el8 closed bass, defined and present; 1more quad bass was nice to my ears.
-Mids(and mid-high): If I have to decide between mid-forward and mid lacking I would choose the second one; but I prefer a flat response. I just really don't like mid forward iem like Hifiman RE-400/600.
-Highs: extended, crisp, defined but not sibilant; I love my HE-560 highs (just to have a compairson).

Thanks to all those who will help me. I apologize if I made some mistakes while writing, English is not my native language.

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #9,493 of 33,689
Anyone tried the Fonge S800? That's also about $3.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ESl3...ar-earbuds-Headphone-With-Mic.jpg_640x640.jpg

And if anyone is interested, in Aliexpress app you can klick the first banner "we just wanted to say thanks" and then klick "US $20.00". That will give you 10 "coupons" that will knock $2 off orders over a set amount (like $12 or $15) in some stores.
Nice find @Vidal ! It's very very very impressive for something less than 3$. The built quality is so top notch that i almost can't believe it is indeed less than 3$ and sound is not crappy at all with all the fun bass yet remains sufficiently clear.
Where did you buy it if you got it with a retail box? That Moreblue store?

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #9,494 of 33,689
Hello! Long time lurker of Head-Fi but this will be my first post. (Technically second since I am just reposting this from the Sub-100 Chinese thread.) So, my dog ate my 4-year old VSonic GR07 Classic and I am currently looking for a replacement for sub-$50. I tried backreading through all these threads, including the Chinese/Asian one, but got confused with all the various earphones being tested (and is hard to backread through 2000+ pages). I really loved GR07's sound signature of being balanced/neutral to v-shaped. Other iems I've had are the Xiaomi Pistons (seems a bit bass heavy), VSonics VSD1S, VSD3S, VSD5S (also loved this, albeit poor cable quality), Soundmagic E10, ES18, SHE3580. I also have an ATH-M50x and NAD Viso HP50, both of which I love sound-wise. With these preferences, can you help out on picking a Chi-Fi for 50$ or less, preferably with a better cable quality than the VSonics. Would be better if you could give around three recommendations since shipping to our country is not that easy. Thanking in advance for your recommendations.

TL;DR Looking for a sub-$50 Chi-Fi with similar sound signature to VSonic GR07.

dog-ate-my-homework.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back