Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #9,511 of 33,689
You're right! Coherent is the term i'm looking for. Unfortunately my mic is the same as yours, poor quality and picks up all the noise. Other than that it'll be just perfect.

Darn, so the mic really does suck that much. At least the controls work well on Android. Mostly makes up for it! :D

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #9,515 of 33,689
Can anyone tell me what 2 pin size KZ uses on the ZS5? Are they 0.78 or 0.75? Really enjoy the headphone, but that memory wire is garbage.

Here is a quote from Sylmar. You can remove the memory wire and leave the cable intact essentially. Might save you some money and trouble.
I did it with the original cable, seemed a bit easier to me. Basically the memory wire is just a strip of metal under some soft plastic wrapping. I just took the end and pierced the wrapping holding it in place. You then can just tear it out through the cable wrapping and gently use some pliers to tear the other end of the iron strip from the cable connector itself. The remaining wrapping you can easily tear off.

Bit hard to describe but all in all it's pretty easy. At least with the standard cable.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #9,517 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #9,518 of 33,689
Hey guys, can you suggest, i'm looking for something under 25-30$, with good fit and high clarity, especially interested in natural and detailed female vocals, bass is not important.
V'been sweeping through Vidal-Loomis and some others reviews, as i can tell, Einsear T2, SEAHF AWK-009, Urbanfun Hi-Fi can fit the bill, but which of them most analytical sounding, and will they be an upgrade from ZST?
I have ZS3 and ZST, ZS3 is too boomy and ZST is pretty good, although slightly harsh to my ears, and not so fit and isolating as ZS3.

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #9,519 of 33,689
I'm looking for a pair of U-IEM, price range 150-300€.
I tryed the 1more quad driver and I liked them a lot, is there anything better sounding in this price range (I mean really better).?
Sound preference:
Short answer: flat.
Long answer:
-Bass: I'm not a basshead but I'm used to Audeze el8 closed bass, defined and present; 1more quad bass was nice to my ears.
-Mids(and mid-high): If I have to decide between mid-forward and mid lacking I would choose the second one; but I prefer a flat response. I just really don't like mid forward iem like Hifiman RE-400/600.
-Highs: extended, crisp, defined but not sibilant; I love my HE-560 highs (just to have a compairson).

Thanks to all those who will help me. I apologize if I made some mistakes while writing, English is not my native language.

bump

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #9,520 of 33,689

FYI, I received this IEM today (MoreBlue DM8, from the seller that Vidal linked). I have to say, I am extremely impressed by it. It is an unbelievable deal for $3 - barely more than a pack of bubble gum!

As Vidal said it is on the warm/bassy side, so as long as you like that signature do yourself a favor and pick up a pair. Note that it doesn't come with any spare tips, no case, no extras of any sort. Just the IEM (with medium tips installed) in a ziplock baggie, which helps explain the ridiculous cost.

They seem like they would benefit from tip rolling as well, as the included tips have a very shallow fit on the nozzle (ie the nozzle will accommodate a much longer tip).

I also received the Fonge T01 from the same vendor. It's decent, and very comfortable with zero microphonics, but the DM8 is definitely the superior IEM between them both.

Update 1: It's very important to get a good seal on the MoreBlue DM8, and to orient the L and R sides properly. They are not marked in any way, and if you switch the R & L sides it sounds like crap. Wearing them behind the ear sounds like crap. They must be worn cable down, but be aware that the cable is very microphonic. Finally, they are a 100% sealed design, so both sides on my pair have crispy crunchy driver flex. You have to play around with them to get a perfect seal, but once you hit the sweet spot of insertion they sound awesome. Those are all extremely minor issues that are easy to look past given the dirt cheap price however (driver flex, microphonic cable, confusing L&R identification, and finicky seal).

Update 2: I added a 1.0mm vent hole in each driver, which eliminated the driver flex. Proper insertion is much easier and more reliable now. The soundstage also improved slightly. If you buy the DM8, I strongly recommend this simple modification. I also colored the cable strains with blue/red sharpie, which eliminated the problem identifying which side is what :0)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #9,521 of 33,689
Is that... a removable cable... on a sub 3$ iem?

The Fonge T01 looks like it uses the same removable cable as the KZ 2-pin 90-degree cable (like the ZST), but it is not removable.

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #9,522 of 33,689
Hey guys, can you suggest, i'm looking for something under 25-30$, with good fit and high clarity, especially interested in natural and detailed female vocals, bass is not important.
V'been sweeping through Vidal-Loomis and some others reviews, as i can tell, Einsear T2, SEAHF AWK-009, Urbanfun Hi-Fi can fit the bill, but which of them most analytical sounding, and will they be an upgrade from ZST?
I have ZS3 and ZST, ZS3 is too boomy and ZST is pretty good, although slightly harsh to my ears, and not so fit and isolating as ZS3.
ZS5?

Jun 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #9,524 of 33,689
You can't go wrong with the Seahf
They tick all the boxes.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #9,525 of 33,689
Yes, I do have them and haven't got around to really compare them yet. But, I can say they are the heaviest IEM I have, followed by the Vortex PRO.

....honestly, I'm a little bit backed up on my list. I'll try to get to it, soon....

I'm guessing the fact that you briefly tried them but didn't get around to an in-depth comparison means that they didn't blow you away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back