Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #661 of 33,689
  4in1 seems 50-50 equal no of people liked it and same number of people complained of  harsh treble, wonder if there is production variance.

Mine came in just the earphone case, with tips and silver cable inside.

I've seen posts showing a full **** box, so that leads me to wonder if there are fake 4in1's out there.

Unless the sellers are just unboxing, throwing everything into the earphone case and shipping that out.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #662 of 33,689

Mine came in just the earphone case, with tips and silver cable inside.

I've seen posts showing a full **** box, so that leads me to wonder if there are fake 4in1's out there.

Unless the sellers are just unboxing, throwing everything into the earphone case and shipping that out.

That happens. Keeps shipping costs down for those long trips.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #663 of 33,689
I will say the stock silicone wide bore tips maintain more detail and harshness than the Comply comfort foam tips worn in the reverse direction.

I don't know whether I want more detail or less harshness.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #664 of 33,689
  4in1 seems 50-50 equal no of people liked it and same number of people complained of  harsh treble, wonder if there is production variance.

Possible, but probably not the case. My observation is most of the people who find it harsh is coming from dynamic driver IEMs and/or prefer a smooth signature, and are not accustomed to how treble should sound in a BA. For reference, I am very sensitive to hot treble, having owned dunu dn2000j and the banned IEM, both of which I could not stand. The 4in1 is significant less harsh than those two.

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #665 of 33,689

Possible, but probably not the case. My observation is most of the people who find it harsh is coming from dynamic driver IEMs and/or prefer a smooth signature, and are not accustomed to how treble should sound in a BA. For reference, I am very sensitive to hot treble, having owned dunu dn2000j and the banned IEM, both of which I could not stand. The 4in1 is significant less harsh than those two.

I can concur with this, I'm coming from 2 DD IEMs, but am wondering if there is a way to achieve detail without the harshness, or slightly less harshness.

For example, when I demoed the SE846, I did not find that harsh one bit.

I have a DBA-02 MkII coming in the mail so I will try that once it gets here and comment on harshness relative to the 4in1.

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #666 of 33,689
Its not just the treble, when i listen treble heavy songs i dont find the treble to be heavy, my ears already adjusted or its because burn in and tips but its the vocals, they vocals harsh type, very sharp and thin.

I am also wondering the above questions, how is harsness of sound in musicmaker tk12, currenly i am interested in that. what about the trinity vyrus.

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #667 of 33,689
If I had a suitable mmcx IEM, I'd definitely consider getting this. As Peter says, if you're out and about (why use bluetooth otherwise?), you're probably not doing critical listening anyway :)

On that note - I've been looking at various bluetooth "sports" IEMs to use when training, but now it seems I can basically get any IEM with mmcx. Are there any sort of IEMs with mmcx that would be suitable for training? Meaning, they have to fit well and don't die from getting slightly wet. The "sports" bluetooth IEMs I've tried have all been extremely bassy and muddy.. 

QKZ W1 Pro?

Doesn't say sweat resistant but the Tennmak Pro says good for sports, just got my pair today, will probably be used for exercise since the A&D D2 is too bassy and too V-shaped for me

Its not just the treble, when i listen treble heavy songs i dont find the treble to be heavy, my ears already adjusted or its because burn in and tips but its the vocals, they vocals harsh type, very sharp and thin.

I am also wondering the above questions, how is harsness of sound in musicmaker tk12, currenly i am interested in that. what about the trinity vyrus.

TK12 is smooth. Pretty much the house sound of MM products

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #669 of 33,689
Sep 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #670 of 33,689

I can concur with this, I'm coming from 2 DD IEMs, but am wondering if there is a way to achieve detail without the harshness, or slightly less harshness.

For example, when I demoed the SE846, I did not find that harsh one bit.

I have a DBA-02 MkII coming in the mail so I will try that once it gets here and comment on harshness relative to the 4in1.

Looking forward to it since i might get a dual BA IEM myself.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #672 of 33,689

cool.gif
I disagree. BOTH the TK12 and TK13 are below 100 and they annihilate those three, although Havi's soundstage can hang with them.

JMO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Well both the TK12 and TK13 are double the price compared to ostry kc06 and havi but is it worth the price?

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #673 of 33,689
Looking forward to it since i might get a dual BA IEM myself.
not that it matters but I meant I came from 2 different 1 DD IEMs, not a 2 DD IEM.

I will be picking up a Havi B3 Pro 1 soon though.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #674 of 33,689
Just got the 4in1 today.

OOTB, harsh treble, but very good detail. Picked up details that I haven't heard of before in some of my FLAC files. Sub-bass is very light. More than adequate mid-bass. I can see how the treble would make this fatiguing.

Sound signature is definitely V-shaped. Mids being recessed is the best way of describing these IEMs. Stock Narrow-bore was harsher than the stock wide-bore tip. Using Comply Comfort Foams in the regular direction brought the harshness down slightly, but not noticeably. Wearing them in the reverse direction retained the harshness of the stock silicone tips. Bass was not noticeably stronger with the foam tips.

Listened to MJ - Billie Jean. Really wanted to try something with treble emphasis to test the perception of harsh treble. Currently using with Encore mDAC.

It's made me understand better the type of IEM I want in sound signature and clarity.

Sound signature: Lots of sub-bass, lots of mid-bass, mids forward, average treble. Bass needs to be quick and accurate rather than an enormous amount of loose bass.

Clarity: Clear enough to pick up micro-details.

Any suggestions?

Dumb question: 4in1: Left is Blue and Right is Red?

It sounds like you would like the tenmak pro which have lots of mid bass good sub bass and plenty of detail across all frequencies combined with smoothed off treble.

My favorite iem at the moment.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #675 of 33,689
It sounds like you would like the tenmak pro which have lots of mid bass good sub bass and plenty of detail across all frequencies combined with smoothed off treble.

My favorite iem at the moment.

Whoah, new Tennmaks on Friday. Don't make someone order a pair of Pro's before we know what's coming!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back