Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 1, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #6,331 of 33,689
Originally Posted by VShaft 
  Being on a budget, the Chi-Fi revolution has rekindled a love for music that I had lost - and have even given up on getting back due to my constant disappointment with budget brand names. I really do owe so much to the beloved Knowledge Zenith (and this forum and the very informative threads and reviews)

That said, learning that it is possible to get quality sound without going broke, I admit to getting a bit hooked up on that exciting feeling of new discoveries. My first KZ ATE-S blew me away, then the ZS2, and finally the ZS3 (which I'll love to death probably). But then I got to compiling a list of IEMs I'd still like to try in that price point - there was the Tennmak Pro, and the ZST (since I haven't tried a hybrid), and the Urbanfun, to name a few on that made the top of my wishlist.

I was very soon getting to the threshold of becoming an IEM collector and not a music listener, and since collecting is not what I want at all, I've decided to skip all these and get "one IEM to rule them all" (at a price point where I thought I would still be truly getting a bang for my buck) and now I can declare I'm a very happy user of the PMV A-01 Mk. II. I went for the PMV because of user recommendations and the stellar reviews here, and on other sites.

As with any opinion of mine, I must put out a disclaimer: I'm a complete beginner in this, fairly inexperienced. But yeah, I really find the PMV that good. I don't think the bass is too much, or in any way or shape lacking. I did however find them a tad on the bright side, but definitely not in excess. And after some time (physical burn-in, or brain-burn in, or both) they hit an even sweeter spot. They are a sensitive IEM, though, and I suspect that their impedance must be lower than the declared 16 Ohms. I'm totally digging their sound, though. Have been revisiting my music collection, and it's been putting smiles on my face constantly since last week when I got them, and will continue to do so
normal_smile%20.gif

I've also got them from the banned seller on Ali. They shipped it fast, arrived in exactly 15 days to Croatia, so I can't complain at all.

EDIT: I'm still eagerly keeping an eye on KZ ZSR!

Thinking of picking these up . Do you have the supposedly New PMV A01 or the original ones ? They are listed for as less as 57USD . 

Thanks,
Pradeep

i see the pmv for $56 on ali now, which is a heckuva deal. you can find iems in that range with more microdetail, and certainly deeper/tighter bass, but the pmv is a great performer overall--huge stage  and a great match for your mobile phone. very highly recommended.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #6,332 of 33,689
Purchased the PMV A01 MK2 earphones...:)

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #6,333 of 33,689

i see the pmv for $56 on ali now, which is a heckuva deal. you can find iems in that range with more microdetail, and certainly deeper/tighter bass, but the pmv is a great performer overall--huge stage  and a great match for your mobile phone. very highly recommended.

What??? Now you tell me!
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, I'm loving the PMV every time I put them on. But, out of curiosity, which would be those IEMs you speak of?

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #6,334 of 33,689
Hi guys,

My **** XBA 6-in-1 have finally arrived via MisterTao.

Initial impression is that they are better balanced (less midbass heavy) than the DT2+, with possibly a slightly shut in/squarky mid.  I will let you know how they fair once I've had them running for a while. 

One issue that I've noticed is that one of the MMCX sockets is a very lose connection on all cables I have tried.  Appears that **** are still experiencing some QC problems unfortunately...

Oh, and the '6in1' graphics on one side are particularly naff!

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #6,335 of 33,689
Hi guys,

Initial impression is that they are better balanced (less midbass heavy) than the DT2+, with possibly a slightly shut in/squarky mid.  I will let you know how they fair once I've had them running for a while. 

One issue that I've noticed is that one of the MMCX sockets is a very lose connection on all cables I have tried.  Appears that **** are still experiencing some QC problems unfortunately...

I hope the connectors won't be loose on the majority of the sets. I'd like to buy one.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #6,336 of 33,689
Guys, can some one owning the vivo xe800 and the urbanfun's give a small comparo between the two.? Im going for one of these, leaning slightly towards the xe800's due to their GR07 drivers. However, got no idea where they stand against urbanfun. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #6,337 of 33,689
How was your experience? Are they prompt? How long ATE took to reach you?

Usually all my package comes to me in 2 weeks unless something happens (Chinese New Years, holidays)

I think that seller had the cheapest ATE so I bought it and everything went fine.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,338 of 33,689
Hi guys,

All it matters is. Are they better then the 4 in 1

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #6,340 of 33,689
  It's a little early to say yet.  They would certainly be better for someone who is treble sensitive. 

The lose MMCX is popping out during listening and certainly wouldn't survive mobile use.  Does anyone here know of any fix for this problem? 

It's that loose... This is serious problem.

The **** 4in1 and PT15 I own,  have very tight connection. I have to try hard to pull the cable out.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #6,341 of 33,689
  Guys, can some one owning the vivo xe800 and the urbanfun's give a small comparo between the two.? Im going for one of these, leaning slightly towards the xe800's due to their GR07 drivers. However, got no idea where they stand against urbanfun. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

the vivo is significantly brighter, with less midbass presence and a slightly thinner note presentation. the urbanfun has a wider stage, more lowend oomph and a more neutral tuning; its high end is not quite as detailed as the vivo but still well extended and very clean. i slightly prefer the urbanfun, which sounds better for heavier fare, but the vivo is nonetheless very refined and extremely good for less bass-oriented fare.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #6,342 of 33,689
the vivo is significantly brighter, with less midbass presence and a slightly thinner note presentation. the urbanfun has a wider stage, more lowend oomph and a more neutral tuning; its high end is not quite as detailed as the vivo but still well extended and very clean. i slightly prefer the urbanfun, which sounds better for heavier fare, but the vivo is nonetheless very refined and extremely good for less bass-oriented fare.

Which tip gives more isolation on the vivo?

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #6,343 of 33,689

What??? Now you tell me!
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, I'm loving the PMV every time I put them on. But, out of curiosity, which would be those IEMs you speak of?

i got the pmv at the same time as the moni one, which is incredibly detailed/resolving; the fidue a73 and tk12 certainly have more, tighter bass  (for that matter, so does the otherwise inferior lz a2s). none of which means the aforesaid are better than the pmv, which i think is greater than the sum of its parts.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #6,345 of 33,689
MEMT X5 vs Tennmak Cello...

I think the Cello's better suite me, But its a close race,

Cello has a more detailed and involving soundstage and are a little better at the 'all important' midrange, where many instruments live.

MEMT X5 are quite remarkable for their low low price! A close second!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back